oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

No, I totally disagree, Tim. Let's play our strongest side and give those tigers a good mauling, if they are cocky enough to play a reserve side, we should show them that we mean business. Our next match isn't for another week....let's win this!

Totally agree with this. If they're fielding a reserve side, they're there for the taking.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like us to go for the win. A decent run will inspire confidence and add some much needed cash. Especially if we get a good draw next round.

But a lot depends on what is going on behind the scenes. If there is a chance to move on certain players I would think it would make sense not to cup tie them.

There are a lot of factors regarding selection but I believe Karaoke will put out his strongest squad available.

I am going for a 1-0 win for Boro.

I seem to recall Karanka stating when he got here that his dream would be to win an FA cup. I think it's safe to say that we can expect as close to a full strength side as possible and a solid performance.

I'm guessing that in his dream he had a stronger squad at his disposal than the one he has now. ;)

Well, if Hull really are going to field their reserves, then anything is possible.

I would hardly be unhappy if we win and progress, but losing wouldn't really bother me either.

Steve Bruce has said to be resting his key players (Huddlestone, McGregor, Davies) and Livermore is ineligible, meaning Hull will be without their best players, this could be a advantage to us as Karanka has stated he will put out his strongest team. The team I would go for:

Dimi

Varga Woodgate Gibson Freind

Leadbitter Smallwood

Adomah Ledesma Carayol

Jutkiewicz

Subs: Emnes, Leutwiller, Richardson, Hines, Whitehead, Main, Butterfield

2-1 win.

Steve Bruce has said to be resting his key players (Huddlestone, McGregor, Davies) and Livermore is ineligible, meaning Hull will be without their best players

I'm chuffed to hear that too!

I would like us to go for the win. A decent run will inspire confidence and add some much needed cash. Especially if we get a good draw next round.

I agree. The players need some confidence and it would be good if some players (especially Juke or Marv) can find the back of the net.

I think Hull really don't care about this competition. Although they are doing really well in the Premier League at the moment, I think the main priority for them is to stay in the league.

We're on an unbeaten run. And the general feeling around the club and fans at the moment seems to be one of relative confidence. I think that getting a result from this game will help that further. Though we do have the '4 game unbeaten league run' to fall back on :)

would like to see haroun given one more chance in a game like this.

I think the opposite.

I just think he needs to be offloaded. The squad needs cutting, and he's an obvious target. There seem to be rumours (both now and in the summer) regarding his departure. And, though he has some attributes, I just don't think he's good enough on the ball to fit into the type of footballing team that Karanka seems to be trying to build.

Would rather trim the fringe players who have little hope of getting first team football asap, make a couple of strides in the transfer window and, though I wouldn't rush our youth players in, make them a spot or two closer to making a match day squad, so they at least have something tangible to strive for.

I don't know why Hull wouldn't go for it. As a team who have never won a major trophy and who are playing some of their best football ever, this season was probably their best chance to go for silverware. Wigan did it last year, and Swansea won a piece of silverware too in the league cup. The bigger clubs don't value these competitions as highly as the league or European competitions anymore, they just field weakened sides which gives other teams a chance.

to be fair I think alot of people expected ledesma to leave this window until a few weeks ago. dont rate haroun but if he can recapture the form he showed when he first came to the club he could be an asset for the rest of the season