oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Hull City Starting XI: Harper, Rosenior, Faye ©, McShane, Figueroa, Boyd, Meyler, Quinn, Gedo, Fryatt, Mclean.

Hull City Subs: Jakupovic, Chester, Sagbo, Elmohamady, Fletcher, Jahraldo-Martin, Proschwitz

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too impressed with Adomah being left on the bench, probably needs a rest but he's the most dangerous player we have

Maybe it's to keep him from catching the eye of a prem team. Let's hope Williams and emnes have a outstanding game today :)

I'm not happy.

I was under the impression we were taking the cup seriously and would be fielding our strongest team.

I think keeping the winning (or not losing) mentality is important, as us keeping our strongest 11 getting more games together.

I'm not happy.

I was under the impression we were taking the cup seriously and would be fielding our strongest team.

I think keeping the winning (or not losing) mentality is important, as us keeping our strongest 11 getting more games together.

Not sure Karanka really knows his strongest 11 yet

I'm not happy.

Adomah is the only player that is a dead cert that has been left out and l williams is the only player that wouldnt normally play

Decent lineup for a cup game. Adomah need a wee rest and this is the time for Luke Williams to show himself to karanka. This is also a good opportunity for Rhys to show that he can perform against a prem side. Hope he puts on a good show to raise his price if a desperate prem team likes what they see.

Interesting team. Not our strongest, but will give Karanka an opportunity to check out L. Williams (and R. Williams at centre back) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Hoping for a win but I'd rather we were knocked out than taken to a replay.

Why?

Looks like I'm missing this as I'm a bit under the weather. Shame as I love the cups, especially the FA Cup and was really looking forward to this one. The team looks like a decent selection to me. Clearly we were going to rest one or two people and it gives Karanka an opportunity to have a good look at someone like Luke Williams, which is a good thing. I might have even rested one or two others to give fringe players a go.

Interesting team. Not our strongest, but will give Karanka an opportunity to check out L. Williams (and R. Williams at centre back) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Agree.

I'm really glad Adomah is being rested/protected.

Luke Williams should suit the LW role of cutting in to create and shoot so I'm looking forward to see how he does. Hopefully he can be encouraged by Ledesma taking his opportunity and stake a claim for a first team spot.

I'm not happy.

It's not exactly a million miles away from our best team. Main and Juke have been consistently rotating since Kamara got injured. Adomah might need a rest, and L.Williams might have come on leaps and bounds for all we know. The keeper situation is probably our best remaining option. And R.Williams, though rightly questioned greatly on so many fronts, can be a very good CB and it's probably a good opportunity for AK to see him play a competitive match there. Plus Woodgate is our high risk player, and was rightly rested imo (assuming he's not injured).

I'm delighted with the line up. And feeling positive about the game too.