oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Agreed, the league is what really counts and who knows if we get one or two good players we might still make top six.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Agreed.

Hopefully we'll get back to winning ways, once our players have had a chance to get over the festive fixture list. A full week until our next game should give them plenty of time to recover.

Wouldn't get too optimistic about the transfer window though, as AK has already said he will only sign players if he feels they're better than what we already have. He also said he's not expecting to spend much.

I agree would've been good to get a lucrative 4th round tie. But the cliche about concentrating on league probably applies. The LC game at Swansea last year was fantastic but we just fell apart after that

Sheff Utd still winning at Villa.......will this signal the end of Lambert if it stays this way?

Dunno. They're currently mid-table in the PL, but he'll need to start getting results pretty sharpish.

Not the old 'concentrate on the league' comments! Predictable

Thought we were up for this judging by the comments coming from the camp, however the line up and performance stink of a lack of ambition

Not the old 'concentrate on the league' comments! Predictable

Thought we were up for this judging by the comments coming from the camp, however the line up and performance stink of a lack of ambition

And you think Boro are in a position to be ambitious right now?

Sad if we lose this, I was hoping for a good cup run.

The season's over for us, and it's only January.

6 points of the top 6 with 22 league games still to play and right up there in the form table. And the season's over? Rubbish.

Sad if we lose this, I was hoping for a good cup run.

The season's over for us, and it's only January.

What were you expecting from this season?

Just a couple of months ago we were worrying about relegation to League 1.

I would have thought Karanka's brief for this season was simply to stabilise the situation and get us playing decent football and getting results again.

Cup runs and promotion are things for next season, or even the one after, if you ask me.