oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Guest Tellerion

Game-over.

Never expected anything from this match anyway.

Oh well, game over...

Hull get their 2nd. Seemed to come out of nowhere...little build-up commentary from Ali or Maddo. Proschwitz this time.

BORO 0 - 2 HULL

My first experience of Maddison's 'expert summariser'. He literally is that moron that sits behind you who just says the same things every week.

poor, doesnt sound like the players are up for this at all

Guest Paphosmoggy

Did anybody really think we would beat Hull?? Especially when you saw the team selection, we needed to be at them from the start to have any chance.

Did anybody really think we would beat Hull?? Especially when you saw the team selection, we needed to be at them from the start to have any chance.

Before I saw the teams I genuinely thought we were going to comfortably beat them but we haven't really turned up today

Just managed to get a look at what is going on. Wish I hadnt. At least while I was on the rig floor I had hope.

Guess we havent played well then.

January taking a familiar feel again lol!!!

Bit early to say that. We did, after all, manage a draw at Bolton and I don't think many expected us to get a result against Hull.

Let the players have a rest and come back refreshed for another assault on the league.

I would say we've looked worryingly short of energy the last couple of games, so I'm hoping its just fatigue.

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Honestly don't think it would have made a difference what team we put out.

Our players have just looked drained the last couple of games. I'm hoping its just that the fixture list has caught up with them.

There are 26 league positions between the two clubs, Hull are tenth in the top league in the country and have recently beat top flight opposition 6-0. I've no idea how anyone was confident going into this game! No shame in this defeat and at least it means that we can concentrate on the league and with less games we can be more confident about letting fringe players go this transfer window.

Seems like we just gave them too much respect and bend over and let them have their fun.

Well I predicted a 3-2 win for Boro though did not expect us to get 3 goals in the final 20 minutes and being 2 down

• Latest Posts

• The audio match day thread returns. Click the link below:   Click here for the Match Day Thread
    • I was just reading over the summer transfer window thread and I had one or two things to say about this in the summer 😡😀 I also found these two old posts of mine which I feel deserve to be highlighted for their prescience: From the 25th of June: I suspect that if Woodgate intends on us being a pressing / passing team (or whatever his intentions may be for us), that the majority of the players who are already here will be the players playing the bulk of the games.  I think we also have to consider that we must be desperate to get rid of some players and maybe we need to do that first before we sign their replacements?  And you've got to think that the likes of McNair, Tavernier and Fletcher are going to be used a lot more.  I wouldn't say they are like new signings or anything like that but I would see McNair as an obvious replacement for Besic and Tavernier to be used possibly in a variety of ways.  Fletcher takes one of the wide attacking positions and what are we looking for, another wide attacker and a full back or two?  I'm not saying that's how I'm looking at it, I'm just trying to look at it from the club's point of view.  So if we're only looking for a few players then things are more likely to be quiet as compared to previous windows. And even earlier on the 14th of June: It's part of our new philosophy.  Instead of having loads of right backs and one left back we are going to have loads of left backs and one right back. It's all change at Boro.   Absolutely nailed it, hurrah! ✌️ People really need to stop arguing with me now and just accept that I'm always right.
    • I think its, we're having to throw young players in desperate to make an impression and overdoing it
    • The bulk of the money the club owes is to Gibson O'Neill so he won't be putting us into administration.  Our outgoings are too high and really administration isn't going to help much with that.  We either have to reduce costs or increase revenue.  It's easier to do the former than the latter although selling some players will obviously help with that.  That's what we're doing at the moment.
    • The possibility that Gibbo is gradually winding things up in preparation for administration has occurred to me. I've been trying to push the thought away since the summer. There has been a lot of "woe is me, I've been doing everything by the rules and all these other mean clubs are cheating and making it impossible for us to compete financially" stuff coming out since last Spring. If he spins a good enough tale then a lot of fans will still see him as a hero for saving the club in 86 and giving them all these extra years. We get annoyed on here about all the lies and spin which come out of the club, but there are a lot of fans who lap it all up and believe everything they are told.