oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Guest Tellerion

Game-over.

Never expected anything from this match anyway.

Oh well, game over...

Hull get their 2nd. Seemed to come out of nowhere...little build-up commentary from Ali or Maddo. Proschwitz this time.

BORO 0 - 2 HULL

My first experience of Maddison's 'expert summariser'. He literally is that moron that sits behind you who just says the same things every week.

poor, doesnt sound like the players are up for this at all

Guest Paphosmoggy

Did anybody really think we would beat Hull?? Especially when you saw the team selection, we needed to be at them from the start to have any chance.

Did anybody really think we would beat Hull?? Especially when you saw the team selection, we needed to be at them from the start to have any chance.

Before I saw the teams I genuinely thought we were going to comfortably beat them but we haven't really turned up today

Just managed to get a look at what is going on. Wish I hadnt. At least while I was on the rig floor I had hope.

Guess we havent played well then.

January taking a familiar feel again lol!!!

Bit early to say that. We did, after all, manage a draw at Bolton and I don't think many expected us to get a result against Hull.

Let the players have a rest and come back refreshed for another assault on the league.

I would say we've looked worryingly short of energy the last couple of games, so I'm hoping its just fatigue.

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Honestly don't think it would have made a difference what team we put out.

Our players have just looked drained the last couple of games. I'm hoping its just that the fixture list has caught up with them.

There are 26 league positions between the two clubs, Hull are tenth in the top league in the country and have recently beat top flight opposition 6-0. I've no idea how anyone was confident going into this game! No shame in this defeat and at least it means that we can concentrate on the league and with less games we can be more confident about letting fringe players go this transfer window.

Seems like we just gave them too much respect and bend over and let them have their fun.

Well I predicted a 3-2 win for Boro though did not expect us to get 3 goals in the final 20 minutes and being 2 down

• Latest Posts

• Regarding Valdes. Are we really discussing the ability of a goalkeeper who has literally won every trophy possible and clocked up nearly 400 appearances for a team that was probably the best club side seen by an entire generation? The regular and quite ridiculous argument directed at Valdes was he had little to do for Barca such was they dominance. Do people genuinely think to be a keeper at the best club on the planet for as long as he was, that all you need to do is be able stand between two posts? Do people know how hard it is to even become a professional footballer at a half decent level never mind do it at the very elite level for as long as he did and we are discussing if he was a good keeper? Was he as good for as he was Barca? Well obviously not. But no player is going to be as good as for Boro as they would for Barca. You look better with better players around you. That is a simple fact.
    • Depends what you're using really. You shouldn't have any problems using a computer, or laptop which is by far the best option. However, if your using a phone it might not be up to the job, You need at least 4 GBs of ram for a decent stream, so if you're using a phone, it's time to upgrade.
    • Schwarzer was better for my money.  
    • I've been watching Boro a bit longer than just Pulis and Woodgate 🙂 But yeah I get what you mean, I'm sure people will enjoy being there, I'm just not that bothered about it myself.
    • Absolutely. Randolph was a great shot stopper but I also think he had his weaknesses, particularly with the ball at his feet, whether playing out from the back or in his kicking and in modern football that's quite a big thing.