oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody really think we would beat Hull?? Especially when you saw the team selection, we needed to be at them from the start to have any chance.

Did anybody really think we would beat Hull?? Especially when you saw the team selection, we needed to be at them from the start to have any chance.

Before I saw the teams I genuinely thought we were going to comfortably beat them but we haven't really turned up today

January taking a familiar feel again lol!!!

Bit early to say that. We did, after all, manage a draw at Bolton and I don't think many expected us to get a result against Hull.

Let the players have a rest and come back refreshed for another assault on the league.

I would say we've looked worryingly short of energy the last couple of games, so I'm hoping its just fatigue.

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Honestly don't think it would have made a difference what team we put out.

Our players have just looked drained the last couple of games. I'm hoping its just that the fixture list has caught up with them.

There are 26 league positions between the two clubs, Hull are tenth in the top league in the country and have recently beat top flight opposition 6-0. I've no idea how anyone was confident going into this game! No shame in this defeat and at least it means that we can concentrate on the league and with less games we can be more confident about letting fringe players go this transfer window.