oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Guest Paphosmoggy

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Agreed, the league is what really counts and who knows if we get one or two good players we might still make top six.

Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Don't think we've embarrassed ourselves by any means. But we've not been good admittedly. They are PL opposition after all. And I ignore the 'we're not trying' or 'typical boro' comments that always seem to crop up when we're losing, despite our good form in recent games over all. You can't get a result in every game!

Stranger things have happened, but this one seems to be almost out of reach. Bring on January, a couple of exciting signings and our continued resurgence in the Championship :)

Agreed.

Hopefully we'll get back to winning ways, once our players have had a chance to get over the festive fixture list. A full week until our next game should give them plenty of time to recover.

Wouldn't get too optimistic about the transfer window though, as AK has already said he will only sign players if he feels they're better than what we already have. He also said he's not expecting to spend much.

Sheff Utd still winning at Villa.......will this signal the end of Lambert if it stays this way?

Guest O'Briens Agent

I agree would've been good to get a lucrative 4th round tie. But the cliche about concentrating on league probably applies. The LC game at Swansea last year was fantastic but we just fell apart after that

Actually, looking through the other scores at the moment it makes me feel better. I love Rochdale!!!

Sheff Utd still winning at Villa.......will this signal the end of Lambert if it stays this way?

Dunno. They're currently mid-table in the PL, but he'll need to start getting results pretty sharpish.

Guest Spirit of 86

Not the old 'concentrate on the league' comments! Predictable

Thought we were up for this judging by the comments coming from the camp, however the line up and performance stink of a lack of ambition

Just noticed the attendance is 15,571. Doesn't look like too many locals were convinced we'd get anything from this. ;)

Butterscotch on for Emnes.

Not the old 'concentrate on the league' comments! Predictable

Thought we were up for this judging by the comments coming from the camp, however the line up and performance stink of a lack of ambition

And you think Boro are in a position to be ambitious right now?

Sad if we lose this, I was hoping for a good cup run.

The season's over for us, and it's only January.

6 points of the top 6 with 22 league games still to play and right up there in the form table. And the season's over? Rubbish.

Well it has been a very dour and boring game just no ambition whatsoever. Poor juke he just can not get any good action with Boro at the moment

bamford just scored for mk dons

Sad if we lose this, I was hoping for a good cup run.

The season's over for us, and it's only January.

What were you expecting from this season?

Just a couple of months ago we were worrying about relegation to League 1.

I would have thought Karanka's brief for this season was simply to stabilise the situation and get us playing decent football and getting results again.

Cup runs and promotion are things for next season, or even the one after, if you ask me.

• Latest Posts

• @Erimus74 - you missed the great Leroy Lita as a player for both teams 👍
    • We need a win after the results tonight to keep in touch with the top 6. But is tough as Swansea will go into top 2 with a win. 
    • Shame of  this is it kinda means players have to of showcased their talent's to a decent level before they can come. So the art of finding talent before they have showcased their talent like Brentford do is finished.     
    • Preston seem different team away from home
    • Looking at our current squad and the lengths of they contracts:- Bettinelli - Loan end of season Stojanovic: 2.5yrs left Brynn: 3 yrs left. (option of further year) Spence: 2.5yrs left Dijksteel: 3.5 years left Paddy: 3.5yrs left Fry: 2.5yrs left Wood: Unknwon (Signed pro deal last summer) Coulson: 2.5yrs left Bola: Unknown Johnson: 6 months left Morsy: 2.5yrs left Howson:1.5yrs left Saville:1.5yrs left Wing: 1.5yrs left Roberts: Loan end of season Watmore: 5 weeks left Tav: 2.5yrs left Browne: Unknown Britt: 6 months Fletcher: 6 months Akpom: 2.5yrs left I think from the above tying down Bola, Fletcher and Saville is important. The rest are ok with some further extensions possibly in the summer