oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

doesnt matter anyway, the season is far from over, we are half way through and six points off the playoffs. everything is still to play for

Just remembered that.

I'm not sure we've got the consistency to push for a play-off place, but as you said there is plenty of time to find out if we can.

Good to remember the positives. ;)

A bit of late Boro pressure and some efforts on goal, but too little, too late...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign manager, doesn't understand what the FA Cup means, or how much passion can be instilled into the club by winning a couple of rounds.

That seems a little harsh on AK.

Everything he's said leads me to believe he was actually very aware of the FA Cup and wanted to do as well as we can in it.

Why the hell shouldn't we be ambitious, you've achieve nothing by being negative

I take it you have been following Boro before Karanka became manager?

Nothing wrong with being ambitious, but you also have to make your ambitions realistic for your current situation...otherwise you can just end up bitter and cynical and seeing failure and "lack of ambition", where others would see slow but steady progress. ;)

Foreign manager, doesn't understand what the FA Cup means, or how much passion can be instilled into the club by winning a couple of rounds.

That seems a little harsh on AK.

Everything he's said leads me to believe he was actually very aware of the FA Cup and wanted to do as well as we can in it.

to add to this, you haven't actually seen any of AK's quotes about the cup then have you?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5356484/Aitor-Karanka-defends-the-FA-Cup.html

http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cup/2014/jan/karanka-eyes-boro-upset

bridge too far, fantastic last few games but the players were starting to struggle with fatigue on NYD. got a weeks break until blackpool, will have at least 1 new player in the team for that one. at least on 4th round day we can play leicester now instead of having to play that on a tuesday night.

a tactical defeat ;)

Have to wait for another year before we can dream again.

We did nowt and deserved nowt

Sad but true.

Truthfully, I don't think we were in any shape to have a serious crack at any silverware this season. Lets hope Cornish can kick-start another run up the league...

AND. Leeds and Newcastle got beat.... So not all bad. :-D

Lol! Feeling better already... :D

Way to go Solskjaer - winning his first game in charge of Cardiff.

seriously?? he has already talked about how important it was. put out a near full strength team today

just remember with our last british manager, accrington stanley put us out of the cup

Don't think I've ever seen a post shot down so much on here

Not the old 'concentrate on the league' comments! Predictable

Thought we were up for this judging by the comments coming from the camp, however the line up and performance stink of a lack of ambition

so were you expecting to win the cup then, were a championship team who has just lost against a team 26 places above us. KARANKA OUT!!