oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Interestingly most of their fans think the 2nd XI will beat us comfortably, hopefully old potato face thinks this as well and they fall victim to the old FA cup upset cliche.

i thought dimi was only here until the first of jan. wonder if we will extend his contract to cover steele when given goes back

Interestingly most of their fans think the 2nd XI will beat us comfortably, hopefully old potato face thinks this as well and they fall victim to the old FA cup upset cliche.

It wouldn't even be an upset, not much difference in terms of quality between the two sides okay they are in good form but we shouldn't fear them.

Not much difference? Almost every one of their squad would walk into our first 11!

Not much difference? Almost every one of their squad would walk into our first 11!

So would some of our players..Adomah, Given, Leadbitter...

They are our players after all

Given I'll give you (although debatable because McGregor is a good keeper too), but Livermore, Huddlestone, Koren and Brady are all much better CMs than Leadbitter. Adomah, a case can be made, but they have decent premier level wingers whereas he is untested at that level.

Haha, I would say that about 11 of our players would walk into our first 11 :p

Haha you know what I meant, they'd walk in Hull's team

A Hull City fan on Twitter:

"Can't wait for the trip to Middlesbrough on Saturday. Would love a cup run. Would happily take relegation for the FA Cup #hcafc #FACup"

WOW :/

Tom Huddlestone has had his hair cut... So this'll be his first match where he doesn't look like a human sheep :P

Good opportunity to field some fringe players here, a win would be nice but doesn't really matter. I would go:

Jutkiewicz

Carayol Butterfield Williams

Morris Leadbitter

Friend Hines Williams Richardson

Dimi

Guest Spirit of 86

Bloody hell, mark lawrenson has tipped us for a win... can't ever remember him doing that when we were in the PL

It wouldn't even be an upset, not much difference in terms of quality between the two sides okay they are in good form but we shouldn't fear them.

Huddlestone is on the verge of walking into the England team. Leadbitter could barely point to England on a map.....

No, I totally disagree, Tim. Let's play our strongest side and give those tigers a good mauling, if they are cocky enough to play a reserve side, we should show them that we mean business. Our next match isn't for another week....let's win this!

Karanka said the game is a bonus and not a distraction and he will be playing a strong side.

• Latest Posts

• I think people are getting carried away in believing NW will build a potential promotional squad next season, were as I believe he is employed to balance the books with bargain bin players for championship sustainability.  I don’t believe NW signed to ensure promotion only then to walk away if it was achieved, because the squad would need to be rebuilt to maintain its position. Like I said I believe his role is to mop up and leave, which makes sense simply because he is not building for the following season and has nothing to prove or answer for, he trots off into retirement, after balancing the books with  a team that can reasonably compete in a league the town can afford.    
    • I have watched some higlights different angles from the first Swansea goal .. If the ball doesnt deflect off Spence .. It would be off target across the box
    • I agree with all that but I'm talking about next season rather than this one and the parameters that Warnock may have to work with and in the context of some of the names and amount of new players being suggested on here generally. Not wishing to dampen the enthusiasm in any way but I think there will need to be a harsh new financial reality in football generally and with Boro in particular.  I'm speculating that £12M is the absolute minimum wage bill but SG might be willing to find more funds. A full season without gate income at the Riverside, Bulkhaul hit by Brexit and the Hotel closed for the last 12 months will have had a significant hit. Out of the eleven mentioned, Bettenelli, McNair, Hall, Howson, Saville, Bolasie, Akpom, Fletcher, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga, six of them, (Bettenelli, Fletcher, Bolasie, Kebano, Roberts and Assombalonga) won't be there and if in the case of Fletcher for example is here it won't be on the same terms. I'm guessing that Hall is nearer the £10K a week purely from reports around the time of his transfer leaving just McNair, Howson and Saville on the bigger salaries. How much we are contributing to Bolasie, Kebano and Bettenelli's wages at the minute I have no idea but it is probably eye watering.