oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Hope your right Armster, we'll prob need a few goals to cheer to keep us warm!

Is it socially acceptable to bring a duvet/ sleeping bag to the match? :P

I never thought Hull were that special in the chammpionship but with some astute signings like Huddlestone in midfield and McGregor in goal they have held their own in the Premier League quite well so far. However I wouldn't say I rate any of their defenders that highly certainly at PL level and not even that highly at Championship level so there is definitely a chance for us today. Think we'll see a goal or two at both ends and the likely outcome a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. We could do without another game midweek though so fingers crossed it doesn't end up going to a replay. Come on Boro!

Is it socially acceptable to bring a duvet/ sleeping bag to the match? :P

Is it cold or are you expecting a boring game?

Do you think we could hit 20k for this game?

In a word, no.

In a foreign word, nein.

As a probability, 0%.

Dimi

Varga Gibson R.Williams Freind

Leadbitter Whitehead

Ledesma Emnes L.Williams

Main

4-2-3-1 I think.

Not too impressed with Adomah being left on the bench, probably needs a rest but he's the most dangerous player we have

@Boro: Boro: Konstantopoulos, Whitehead, Emnes, Varga, Ledesma, Leadbitter ©, Williams R, Friend, Williams L, Gibson, Main #UTB

From the boro twitter

Id say either williams or emnes out wide

Interesting team. Not our strongest, but will give Karanka an opportunity to check out L. Williams (and R. Williams at centre back) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Hoping for a win but I'd rather we were knocked out than taken to a replay.

Guest Spirit of 86

Would love to see Luke Williams fulfil some potential today

Not as attacking a line up as I was expecting

• Latest Posts

• What should Neil Warnock do? Does he play Derby the same way as most of our recent games have gone and hope that we nick a goal at some point?Does he go for their throat straight away with an attacking team (defence sorts themselves out IMO)? Neither. I think all we really need is some minor tweaking to give us a more attack-minded lineup. It would be foolish to completely abandon the sound defensive play we've shown so far, but we definitely need to let our midfield off the leash a bit more. Derby are there for the taking and we should be looking for 3 points here.   Does he make any changes for the starting 11? I'd like to see him start Roberts and play with 2 strikers...not gonna hold my breath though...   Does he see this as a "must win" game? He should do...because it is. If we can't beat teams that are struggling as much as Derby are then both manager and players really need to ask themselves some serious questions.   Your preference: What is your prefered starting 11? See graphic below.   Are Derby any good and should we play with utmost caution? Haven't seen them play, but based on results they must be pretty awful. Should never take any opposition lightly, but NW definitely needs to take the shackles off our attacking players. Be sensible...just more attack-minded. With our defence I think we can afford to be.  
    • It might of changed but I remember something been brought in to stop lower league teams bullying players into signing contracts on lower wages 
    • Our players HAVE to stop wearing moulded studs, we slip over far too much and it cost us vs Norwich. Wear actual studs you nerds!
    • Yes I agree BD. It’s nonsensical to not be able to extend a contract with an agreed pay step down at the end of the previous contract. 
    • I don't understand why match threads are archived before the next game has been played? Particularly when discussions are on going. Little bit of user feedback @Downsouth