oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro vs Hull City Tigers AFC (FA Cup)

Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Your predictions please...what will be the outcome?

• Boro win - the Reds go marching on to Round 4
    • Draw - the Tigers take us to a replay at their place
    • Hull win - oh well, at least we can concentrate on the league now

Hull City Starting XI: Harper, Rosenior, Faye ©, McShane, Figueroa, Boyd, Meyler, Quinn, Gedo, Fryatt, Mclean.

Hull City Subs: Jakupovic, Chester, Sagbo, Elmohamady, Fletcher, Jahraldo-Martin, Proschwitz

Not too impressed with Adomah being left on the bench, probably needs a rest but he's the most dangerous player we have

Maybe it's to keep him from catching the eye of a prem team. Let's hope Williams and emnes have a outstanding game today :)

I'm not happy.

I was under the impression we were taking the cup seriously and would be fielding our strongest team.

I think keeping the winning (or not losing) mentality is important, as us keeping our strongest 11 getting more games together.

I'm not happy.

I was under the impression we were taking the cup seriously and would be fielding our strongest team.

I think keeping the winning (or not losing) mentality is important, as us keeping our strongest 11 getting more games together.

Not sure Karanka really knows his strongest 11 yet

I'm not happy.

Adomah is the only player that is a dead cert that has been left out and l williams is the only player that wouldnt normally play

Decent lineup for a cup game. Adomah need a wee rest and this is the time for Luke Williams to show himself to karanka. This is also a good opportunity for Rhys to show that he can perform against a prem side. Hope he puts on a good show to raise his price if a desperate prem team likes what they see.

Interesting team. Not our strongest, but will give Karanka an opportunity to check out L. Williams (and R. Williams at centre back) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Hoping for a win but I'd rather we were knocked out than taken to a replay.

Why?

Guest Changing Times

Looks like I'm missing this as I'm a bit under the weather. Shame as I love the cups, especially the FA Cup and was really looking forward to this one. The team looks like a decent selection to me. Clearly we were going to rest one or two people and it gives Karanka an opportunity to have a good look at someone like Luke Williams, which is a good thing. I might have even rested one or two others to give fringe players a go.

Interesting team. Not our strongest, but will give Karanka an opportunity to check out L. Williams (and R. Williams at centre back) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Agree.

Guest Paphosmoggy

Any body having trouble with Boro + commentary ??

I'm really glad Adomah is being rested/protected.

Luke Williams should suit the LW role of cutting in to create and shoot so I'm looking forward to see how he does. Hopefully he can be encouraged by Ledesma taking his opportunity and stake a claim for a first team spot.

Guest Paphosmoggy

I don't thinks it's available unless you live local.

I'm not happy.

It's not exactly a million miles away from our best team. Main and Juke have been consistently rotating since Kamara got injured. Adomah might need a rest, and L.Williams might have come on leaps and bounds for all we know. The keeper situation is probably our best remaining option. And R.Williams, though rightly questioned greatly on so many fronts, can be a very good CB and it's probably a good opportunity for AK to see him play a competitive match there. Plus Woodgate is our high risk player, and was rightly rested imo (assuming he's not injured).

I'm delighted with the line up. And feeling positive about the game too.

• Latest Posts

• I've always kind of enjoyed being that ugly team that no one wants to face (or watch) 🤠
    • good win that. its great going onto the other teams messageboards and seeing the same comments after every game. here are the typical ones.  Boro are terrible, diabolical, very poor, awful team etc etc. often the same posters comments say we(not us) cant pass the ball, we keep hoofing it long, our midfield are awful. only 1 shot on target all game --------------------------------- for any oppo fans, yep other teams struggle against us because, we work harder, close down faster, tackle harder and we are more organised and actually have several really good players. just want to hope we dont start scoring more because we'll take some stopping.
    • We haven’t conceded a goal from open play yet in 8 games. Penalty and corners only.
    • BBC Tees said that the touted McNair swap was with Stoke for Sam Clucas. McNair has been brilliant so far this season so it seems like it was the right decision to keep him.
    • I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way that we'd do well against the better teams and struggle against the not as good teams. Finding a knack of winning them games like today is going to help us repeat them gritty wins against the lesser sides. Our style of football is going to be frustrating at times, sure, but I can easily accept it as we're going in the right direction after several years of drifting backwards in a seemingly unstoppable manner until Warnock came in. Considering the shambolic state that we were in last season, the incredibly tough opening fixture list and the disappointment in the transfer market, Warnock has done a fantastic job to turn us into such a highly effective team in such a short space of time. Some fans were similarly moaning about Karanka's style of play in our promotion season. However, he got us promoted in the end and even the most idealistic of us will have fantastic memories from his time here; certainly more good memories than the three and a half season since he left when we've had next to no good memories. If Gibson's track record is anything to go by then we're going downhill whenever Warnock leaves anyway so maybe we can stockpile the negativity to one side for then? We may as well try to enjoy these times of *fingers crossed* getting results ugly before Gibson plays “Teesside managerial roulette” again and appoints Roy Chubby Brown as our next manager after he convinces him through a Powerpoint presentation that he can get us playing football just like Liverpool. It's also worth noting how much our home record has improved. Even under Warnock’s games last season we really struggled at home. Last season overall we won 6, drew 8 and lost 9. So far this season we've won 2, drew 2 and lost 0. We're undefeated in 7 league games now too. Lets try to enjoy it.