oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool (A)

- Omerou for Varga at RB (who I like but I don't think Karanka does.)

- Doubtful. Maybe Becchio can fly inon some magic jet and score one with his big-toe from about one yard out.

- If Rhys leaves that can only be a positive balance.

- Chopra? Hat-trick on Saturday.

Seriously though Cesspool are in awful form at the minute and are exactly the type of team we need to be playing to keep our good league form going.

3-1 Boro.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Blackpool were terrible here earlier im the season, no idea how they got so many points!

aarfy, what makes you think he doesn't rate Varga? He has been consistently starting him there ahead of Richardson and Williams. Big ken should fit in at cb with either Gibson or friend missing out.

2-0 boro win as Blackpool aren't in good form and well I suppose we are...

Omerou to start centre back with Ayala.

Think we will get a striker in before Saturday...actually on second thoughts we won't ;)

I would go with this:

Given

Varga Omerou Ayala Friend

Leadbitter Whitehead

Adomah Butterfield Ledesma

Juke

Btw when is Kei back if he is fit I would put him in for big jukey boy!

Im nervous for this game as to me it represents alot of things. Firstly, if we lose against a 'poor' Blackpool side I fear that we will always have the 'typical Boro' tagline of struggling against teams we should be beating. Especially with the Chopra tweet, and 6 players in training?! Whats that about? Set up for a 'typical Boro' if ever ive seen one :P

Secondly, after the defeat against Hull, I would hope for a positive result to see how the players react after a string of good results, then a defeat. It could go either way for me, but Boro have been impressing me lately so i am going to go for a.....2-1 Win!

Adomah and ..........Emnes!

Maybe the club don't think better off the field coverage is warranted? Especially considering where we are now (not in the premier league anymore) and how tight finances are for the club and the supporters.

I use Boro+ and the website and yes they could do with being better, and I'd love them to be better than they are. But if it means spending money on that or on other aspects of the club elsewhere I can understand why they don't.

Love how they think we got Adomah for free btw. haha

If he had been available for free I doubt there's much chance he would have joined us in the summer. They would have been queuing up to sign someone of Albert's quality on a free transfer!

I don't buy that argument jstevo. If it was a better service, more people would sign up and the money would be recouped. Heck if they made it a REALLY good service I really wouldn't mind paying a lot more for it. For instance if we got to see full games after like some of the clubs do, I'd be happy to pay a tenner a month.

Yes you're right but even then would people sign up? I very much doubt it. Not with the cost it incurs, the fact the content is available elsewhere for free (BBC Tees) and that if you have sky sports you get so much content you are unlikely to need or want anything more especially anything you are also going to have to pay for.

Just the way I see it. I know where I'd rather my money went (improving the playing staff). Then if that works hopefully we'll find ourselves back in the premier league with more cash and more opportunities to invest it in things like more extra content for the fans.

I remember saying a while ago "you can tell if the team has turned a corner, the game after their next defeat". And dare I say it, Blackpool are probably the perfect team to come up against at the moment. They don't shoot to much and think are massively open to our counter attack. So I'm gonna put it out there that Boro will have game tied up by half time.

3-1 Boro

It really wouldn't cost much more money, to provide a longer edit of the game, it's all been shot by cameramen who have already been paid, so assuming Boro have rights to all of the footage, it's a 3 - 4 hour edit job to put together a 30 min highlights package. That's half a day in an edit suite, with an editor, it wouldn't cost more than £400 for that.

I think it'[d be harsh to drop Ayala or Varga tbh, I would name an unchanged (from the league) back 4 of Varga, Ayala, Gibson, Friend

Either way I'm hopeful of a good performance and a decent result. I'm not convinced we'll win but I think 2-1 maybe or 1-1