oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool (A)

Would like to see

----------------------Given-------------------

Varga-- -----Ayala -----Woody*-----Friend

-------------------Whitehead--------------------

Adomah--- Ledesma---Grant----Muzzy--

----------------------Emnes**-------------------

* if Woody isn't fit no problem with Gibbo in there.

** was a close call between Emnes and Juke. In the end I went for speed and just playing through Blackpool. I don't think balls punted up field would yield as much in return

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Interesting one this. I have to echo some of the concerns of ManBearPig and Armster - namely that the signs are good for a Boro result...therefore the conditions are also perfect for a "typical Boro" performance.

Form-wise Blackpool are the worst team in the league at the moment, having won just 1 of their last 10 games, drawn 2 and lost 7 (including a sequence of 4 in a row). Goals-wise they're only averaging about 1 goal per game and have conceded a few more than that.

My main concern is that bad runs come to an end at some point and Blackpool's is probably due to. Also can't help but worry the Boro players will be a tad complacent, if they've been keeping tabs on things.

BLACKPOOL: W8 D8 L8 F25 A29 Pts 32 Pos 12th

BORO: W7 D9 L8 F38 A33 Pts 30 Pos 15th

Last 6 Games

BLACKPOOL: L L L D L L

BORO: D L W W W D

If things go to form and AK and his staff have got the lads properly motivated, we should win this fairly convincingly. IF not, there is plenty of potential for it to go very pear-shaped. Trying to keep a positive frame of mind, I'm going for a Boro win.

My Prediction: Blackpool 1 - 2 Boro

Given

Omeruo Woodgate Ayala Friend

Whitehead Williams

Adomah Carayol Ledesma

Emnes

Think we should try an alternative to using a target man (Juke / Main) and Emnes has plenty of strength to play up top... with Muzzy coming through the middle in support rather than providing the balls into the box.

Given

Whitehead Williams

Adomah Carayol Ledesma

Emnes

Think we should try an alternative to using a target man (Juke / Main) and Emnes has plenty of strength to play up top... with Muzzy coming through the middle in support rather than providing the balls into the box.

In theory, yes. But, depending on the mood he's in, he can fall over / get knocked off the ball even more than LJ. ;)

Think that may be why he tends to be more effective as a wide player / attacking midfielder, or at least more involved in the game.

If he's having to lurk around the box he may be too static and easy to mark. Whereas if he's had time to get up a bit of speed and momentum, he can be difficult to stop.

playing emnes up front would be like playing with ten men. far too lightweight to operate in that role

his best position is just behind someone like kamara imo

Given

Whitehead Williams

Adomah Carayol Ledesma

Emnes

In theory, yes. But, depending on the mood he's in, he can fall over / get knocked off the ball even more than LJ. ;)

Think that may be why he tends to be more effective as a wide player / attacking midfielder, or at least more involved in the game.

If he's having to lurk around the box he may be too static and easy to mark. Whereas if he's had time to get up a bit of speed and momentum, he can be difficult to stop.

Can see your point there but was thinking along the lines of rather than having a lone target man up-front, which hasn't been particularly effective because of the lack of support Juke / Main gets, having the front 4 play closer together as a unit with Muzzy operating almost as a second striker (which is where he played his first 2 games back from injury last season and looked better there than out on the wing).

playing emnes up front would be like playing with ten men. far too lightweight to operate in that role

his best position is just behind someone like kamara imo

Marvin was deceptively strong and pretty good at holding the ball up a few seasons back when he played up top imo

Blackpool will be without thomas Ince there danger man, I used to fear playing them under Holloway but I think with the way we have played lately we should go all out for the three points, I dont want to see a negative team line up from AK, time to play the wingers and go for it from the start.

This is a really hard one to call because of Blackpools run of results and the fact that they are experiencing difficulties in terms of personnel and putting a team together.

A lot of teams above us would likely take advantage of that and put them to the sword but if ever there was a time to play Boro then for Blackpool this is it due to the fact that so many times in the past we have bucked our opponents trend and their fortunes are turned by simply playing Middlesbrough FC.

However we are at least playing on a Saturday and not the usual midweek fixture so hey things could change.

I will not be surprised at a Boro defeat and ill take a point right now (as long as it is not a comeback from Blackpool)

History has nothing to do with it, we have a new manager, we play a slightly different formation and a higher pressing game under AK. I don't buy the "typical Boro" tag, all teams have their ups and downs, and I think we are on an upwards run, at last.

I'd play Emnes up front, with Adomah and Ledesma on the wings for this one.

Never feel confident when we are away to Blackpool, last few games there wevhave been woeful. However with this good run of form (1 defeat in 6!!!!!) I think we could Steel the maximum points

My team:

given

Varga, Ayala, Woodgate, Friend

Whitehead, Leadbitter

Adomah, Emnes, Ledesma

Juke

Wouldn't drop varga as he has impressed me at Rb

Whitehead has been solid since AK arrived and is now doing his CDM duties

Emnes on his day is one of the best playmaker in the league and against a poor blackpool team may trouble them

Blackpool will be without thomas Ince there danger man, I used to fear playing them under Holloway but I think with the way we have played lately we should go all out for the three points, I dont want to see a negative team line up from AK, time to play the wingers and go for it from the start.

is ince injured or is this about the transfer to swansea