oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool (A)

I'm going to go with a 3-0 win for boro. If Blackpool sell Ince, they have practically nothing in the way of threatening attacking players. The only reason they aren't lower down the table is due to some flukey results earlier in the season. I will quite happily say they are the worst team I have seen at the riverside this year. I think with our new style of play, should we implement it (cause we ***ing well didn't against Hull!), we should find it easy to exploit their frailties.

I'd go with the following team:

---------------Given---------------

Varga----Omeruo--Ayala-----Friend-

------Whitehead----Leadbitter------

Adomah-------Ledesma------Carayol

----------------Juke----------------

I feel we need Juke in this one over Main, as he can win aerial battles and hold up the ball pretty well. I'd play Carayol and Adomah on the wings, as their speed can cause any defence trouble. Those two playing means we will be potent on the counter. I'd play Ledesma centrally because, although we have seen some steady performances from emnes of late, Ledesma has been brilliant for us recently. His passing is better and I think he could make us more dangerous if he replaced Emnes. Whitehead and Leadbitter are the two best options we have at the moment in the centre. I wouldn't risk returning Woody from injury in this game, I'd rather see Omeruo and Ayala start. They could be a formidable CB pairing. Varga should start at RB for me, as he has impressed and helped us look more solid in defence. Friend, well, he's been pretty decent recently, but it's not like we have any other options there! (Gibson at a push).

Think this should be a comfortable match for us, and hopefully will go similarly to how the Reading match went. I don't think Blackpool offer too much at all, and I can't see Ince being in a job much longer. I'm going to say goals will come from Juke, as he has to break his duck soon, Ledesma and Omeruo ;)

Good luck to the match and to everyone travelling over. Hope you all have a safe journey. Let's hope we can make this form count.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Blackpool will be without thomas Ince there danger man, I used to fear playing them under Holloway but I think with the way we have played lately we should go all out for the three points, I dont want to see a negative team line up from AK, time to play the wingers and go for it from the start.

is ince injured or is this about the transfer to swansea

transfer...he may be gone by the weekend or at least have a 'troublesome back injury'

we think we have turned the corner, they seem to be in free fall so in typical boro fashion we will loose 3-0 with a chopera hattrick

realistically we should beat them, they were awful when we played them earlier in the season(so were we though) would fancy adomah and carayol/ledesma to cause them alot of problems. keep it tight at the back, take our chances and it should be a good away day

steele

Omeruowoody gibson friend

leadbitter smallwood

carayol butterfield adomah

main

2-0 boro main and adomah :)

I'm going to this one, my heart says we'll stuff them, my head is struggling to believe boro won't balls it up.

So I'm going for a bonkers 3-3, boro going in at 3-1 at halftime and Blackpool somehow scrape 2 goals in the last 25 seconds of the 12 minutes stoppage time the ref will inevitably add on

If we r intending to get in the play offs this is the sort of game we should be winning!!

---------------------------- Given -------------------------------------Alaya--------------Woodgate----------------Omeruo------------------------------------Varga-------------------- Whitehead--- Leadbitter------------------Adomah--------Ladesma----------Carayol------------------------------Emnes-------------------------------

Think we will win 2-0

If we r intending to get in the play offs this is the sort of game we should be winning!!

-

---------------Given---------------------------

-Varga-----Alaya----Woodgate------Omeruo----

--------- Whitehead--- Leadbitter--------------

-Adomah--------Ledesma----------Carayol-----

-----------------Emnes------------------------

Think we will win 2-0

Fixed?

-

---------------Given---------------------------

-Varga-----Alaya----Woodgate------Omeruo----

--------- Whitehead--- Leadbitter--------------

-Adomah--------Ledesma----------Carayol-----

-----------------Emnes------------------------

Think we will win 2-0

Fixed?

I would actually try Varga at LB couldn't defend any worse than Friend!!

interesting formation, jp. are you setting up for a game of bar football? :)

Bar football????? Is that the same as table football??