oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool (A)

Thanks to everyone for their posts in this thread which has brought an impressive total and its good to see the count creeping up match by match.

Always good as a sign of the times of how Boro are doing.

There was a point yesterday when there were nearly 150 guests reading the thread so lets have a few new names or long time not seen members posting for the Charlton game.

Once again thank you all!

Are there any highlights available? Would love to see muzzys first goal

The Sky highlights should be up within the next day or so BD:)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Sky highlights are also for UK citizens. Read something about expat shield or something a while ago. Just thought of it and think I will give it shot. If I remember correctly it will allow me to watch uk tv like sky and bbc

We're in great form but the BBC don't seem to pick that up, not even a mention on the football league show

I noticed that, they were more bothered talking about what a mess Blackpool are currently than praising a team that is in great form in the league.

Actually I'll do it now, coz I ain't going back to sleep.

'twas my first away game but here are my ratings out of 10

Given 18 (seriously 18) - gobbled up everything that came near him, commanded the box like there was trespassers in his garden! Got to just about every corner and saved their 3 or 4 shots with little effort

Varga 7 got megged by ince but other than that made at least one last ditch tackle when they countered a corner and did his usual no nonsense rightbackery, i would possibly like to see a bit more calm when he has the ball at his feet

Rhys will.1.am - roberto alaaaya 7 everything in the air they had for late lunch and then second half early tea. Couple of clearances they slashed straight up which caused problems but generally did well, as mcgannd said Rhys looked more the player everyone knows he has the potential to be, apart from one s**t pass out that went straight to a Cackpool player.

Friend 8 good god I was amazed, after some frankly awful defending in the past he was awesome. Won every header, and as mcgannd said looks like AK has said you're a defender so defend, which he did admirably!!

Leadbitter/whitehead 7 game past them by 1st half as both teams were playing lump it to juke/fuller, but 2nd half took the game by the nether regions an got boro going with good tackles and good, quicker passing., and sat deep when Cackpool threatened.

Adomah 7 tried to be his usual buccaneering self in the first half but was crowded out a lot as I'm sure Cackpool had IDed him as a threat 2nd half game opened up and he started to get a few good runs in and created the 2nd goal by destroying their defence.

Emnes 6 he was crap in the 1st half but to fair with the exception of ledesma both teams were. Tried to do a few tricks and tried to win a couple of free kicks by going down easily but failed at both. Probably not suited for away games when we have to dig deep.

Maybe I'm being harsh but prowler will love it

Ledesma 6(1st half) 7(2nd) drifted in and out of the game in the first half created the only two real chances which juke should have taken with his right foot but is too useless to realise he had one, 2nd was an awesome tackle from Robinson I think. Other than that couple Of times he shot when he should have passed but tbf i would play juke through even if the keeper was in the stands having a cuppa. Got switched to behind striker midway through 2nd half but I couldn't see him play as there was an enormous metal pole in the way!!! Seemed to dictate things better

Juke 6 should have got a shot away when played through by ledesma but as stated does not have a right foot, I believe he lacks the touch to link up with ledesma/Adomah/emnes. Other than that made a nuisance of himself until subbed. Will make a good 3rd choice striker when we buy another two!!!!!

Crayola - 4000 he scored twice who gives s**t what else he did (don't think he actually did anything else)

Main - 7 did what main does, scurry about! Was quite effective at keeping the ball in the channels late on and generally harrying their defence. Will make a good 4th choice striker!!!!!!!

Smallwood/konstatanaplespoulosilosdoples/

And the rest 5 - didn't play but warmed up rather well with some good leg movements and kicking of the round thing on the grass at halftime.

Crowd 1001 - taunting of ince was amusing, who strutted about like he was the dogs but frankly apart from megging varga was utterly crap. Anyway the crowd was great not sure how many strong but must have been at least 1500 if not a lot more. Sung all game apart from abrief break to let Blackpool sing which they didn't.

Anyway hangover is taking me over so I must die for a bit. If anyone disagrees with these ratings please post on my website www.youropinioniswrong.com

We're in great form but the BBC don't seem to pick that up, not even a mention on the football league show

I noticed that, they were more bothered talking about what a mess Blackpool are currently than praising a team that is in great form in the league.

I dont mind it. Means we are going under the radar. Plodding along picking up points with no hoorah around us, sneaky assassins.

I dont mind it. Means we are going under the radar. Plodding along picking up points with no hoorah around us, sneaky assassins.

Alrigjt there Ezio Auditore? :P

I was dissapointed Gibson didn't start but sounds like Rhys is beginning to look like the player we know he is. Did he come over to the fans this time?

Any one?