oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackpool (A)

Wow. Just wow. It didn't sound pretty but well done to the lads for coming back with three points another clean sheet. Sounds like Rhys had a good game, and was also good against Hull. Would be nice if he can catch some form at this stage of the season if we can't sell him for a decent fee.

Bring in a good striker and we can start feeling very confident.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

lets see what we can do with some player ratings

GIVEN - no mistakes no real saves to make has to be an 8 at least

VARGA - Ince got round him once but he also covered right across the field to snuff out an attack on the left when were left exposed. He's not a bad midfielder but he's our best right back by miles seems like another 8 to me

AYALA - got his head on almost everything and when in doubt row Z made him look exactly what he was "in charge" sorry guys another 8

WILLIAMS - The guy has had some well deserved "stick" but today he was as good as I've seen him another 8 maybe even an 8.5

FRIEND - Another man who's been dreadful at times this season. that was the best defensive display I've seen by Georgeous George not this season but ever. AK has him doing his basic job right not poncing about in their penalty area. Another 8 at least

WHITEHEAD - A man who I've seen be lacadaisical and sloppy but today was not one of those days. He was excellent and everywhere another 8

LEADBITTER - Grant has been known to dominate games and play very well. He didn't quite reach those heights today and was definitely outshone by his midfield partner Sadly merely a 7

LIADISMA - Can be brilliant, can be awful. Today he was that sort of mixture but he is as good a technical footballer as we have. He'd love to win every game on his own and sometimes tries too hard. Curates egg performance today - good in parts - 7

ARDOMAH -Surprisingly quiet yet when his opportunities occurred he frightened the opposition to death no better than a 7

EMNES - Another quiet performance but I've now seen him win two headers ! Well done Marv and one tackle shook the foundations of the stand. A couple of sweet passes without anyone getting on the end of them. I guess it's another 7

LJ - Good effort not so for execution. One chance in the area should have seen him work the keeper at least. I just wonder if he makes a 7 if so its only just

SUBS

CARAYOL - If he hadn't scored 2 goals he'd have probably got B for effort and C/D for execution. Can't give less than 8 to the man who's won you the game

MAIN - Usual headless chicken impersonation but he's definitely improving. Should have scored. His shot was saved by the keeper but came out to Carayol for his second. Sadly I think I'm going to have to go slightly below 7 for him

MAN OF THE MATCH

Tight call but I can see the argument for Carayol but I'll not go there I have to go for a defender or Whitehead. I'm going to pick Rhys for not putting a foot wrong but I wouldn't argue if someone else wanted to go for one of the others

Fantastic result at a ground where we normally get hammered. And yet another clean sheet to go with it - that's now 4 in 5 in the league. Amazing considering before the Millwall match this was arguably the worst Boro side defensively in many many years.

You're doing something right Mr. Karanka... long may this run continue!

Apparently carayol scored for us in the cup last week.... Did I leave early or are the BBC just ***?

Deserves you right for not staying until the final whistle, it was a great 90th minute goal :P