oneBoro Forum
Guest thriker

Boro V Blackpool (A)

I have £3 on Boro to win 3-1 but I hope all the goals from defenders and midfielder as I dont want to hinder BiB's hope gibbo will buy a striker if our strikers dont score.

Leadbitter hat trick the Forrest bid £3.6m for him :P

This is fast becoming a very important game but not the most important game of the season........................however in thinking about it perhaps the most important away game of the season so far as a win would do us the world of good and to start 2014 with 4 points away from home would indicate that perhaps our usual January slump is now a thing of the past.

I have £3 on Boro to win 3-1 but I hope all the goals from defenders and midfielder as I dont want to hinder BiB's hope gibbo will buy a striker if our strikers dont score.

Leadbitter hat trick the Forrest bid £3.6m for him :P

I've got a fiver on 3-0 @ 22/1

Hopefully we don't go into this complacent. By the sounds of it, if we control the first half and get a goal, the fans won't hold back on Ince

This is the most confident I've been before a Boro match in a long time, fancy us to win 2 or 3 nil today

How come everyone is so optimistic about this game? Makes a change!

This is the most confident I've been before a Boro match in a long time, fancy us to win 2 or 3 nil today

I'm not that confident, but I'm fairly confident that we will be the better team today so it will all come down to us taking our chances. If we had a decent striker I would be sure of a win.

Guest Dekker

Picking up on Downsouths comment - this could well be the most important game of the season! Have we had our 4-5 game form run and it ended at Bolton where we were lucky to get a point? Have we established an away strategy? Will Kenny play and if so, where?

I say this every time we play away at Blackpool, but I was there when we last beat Blackpool at their ground - March 87, I was at Trent Uni and avoided a day studying and took a cranky train to Blackpool from Nottingham. It was a sunny day and the Boro fans were in massed ranks in this massive open stand behind the goal. Archie Stephens swooped in with a diving header and we won 1:0. I think maybe this is our year to break the hoodoo they have had over us for near 27 years (27 years, where have they gone?). I reckon 1:0 to Boro, and we will leap frog Blackpoool and be within 2 points of Leeds. C'mon Boro.

Edit: haven't they lost 6 of their loan players and Chopra is in the dog house for tweeting on their training?

I fear after the last 2 losses (confidence wise) that the previous 3 wins will be forgotten

Back to earth with the usual lack of confidence / conviction and usual boro slump

i am afraid 4 nil to Blackpool and back to the drawing board :(

Badger in Asia

I fear after the last 2 losses (confidence wise) that the previous 3 wins will be forgotten

Back to earth with the usual lack of confidence / conviction and usual boro slump

i am afraid 4 nil to Blackpool and back to the drawing board :(

Badger in Asia

Only lost our last one. Still unbeaten in 4 in the league

Guest Spirit of 86

Blackpool 2-1

• Latest Posts

• Annoyingly it's a mix of both of those first sentences you've written. The Government have gotten as much right as they have wrong, and at the same time some portions of the public do need to shoulder some of the blame. It goes hand in hand.
    • 😬 I don't mean to tar you with a brush here AR but: a) NB4 hasn't said anything about being a Labour supporter (and in fact, just above has dismissed such thoughts) b) Discussing a frivolous spend on something unnecessary is not 'Labour-tinted' and only makes you sound like you take a tribal stance against a political party In my opinion, the repainted plane served no purpose whatsoever and it 100% was done to 'better represent us globally', so it is as NB4 said, it was ego-driven, to make us look good. There are plenty of better ways to represent yourself as a country globally than a repainted plane. It's neither left, right nor centre to say that £900k of paint was a dumb idea executed during a time people were sat at home living off state-funded furlough schemes, wondering whether they'll be let go at any point soon.
    • It’s ok, we haven’t finished discussing wingbacks yet👌
    • I’m certainly not knocking the government for the support schemes, I’ve benefitted myself from the self employed grant, I’m just hoping that it will be continued as I’ve done just eight days work since lockdown.    My argument is, if governments can find money to fight unnecessary wars (the two listed above in particular) it can find the resources to keep the economy going.  I’m neither a Tory or Labour voter, but I do think the Tories acted too slowly and that the Labour Party have been ineffective in opposition, although I think part of the reason for that is that Labour don’t want to oppose the measures too strongly for fear of splitting opinion and causing disruption amongst the general public.    As for football league clubs, it’s not their fault, but the fact that mediocre players are earning more in a week than the PM earns in a year does lead me to question the way clubs are run financially. In a lot of cases it’s all a massive gamble to get promoted and as my old man used to say if you gamble, you have to be prepared to lose. 
    • So its okay to spend a million quid on something completely non essential and ego driven in the middle of a global pandemic leading to a global economic crisis? And then call it dumb to criticise it?  To be honest I could spend all day listing the ways in which this government (which has been picked by boris on the basis of brexit support rather than any form of competence) has failed its people, but i learned a long time ago that facts mean nothing to people when it comes to this stuff, its all tribal.  For the record, I do not support Labour, or any British party. Id like us the hell out of the "Union". But thats a whole other topic that I'm really not getting into on a boro forum!