oneBoro Forum

Boro V Charlton Athletic

image.php%3Fmw%3D1024%26mh%3D768%26f%3DNjkwX2Rvb20tYmFyLXBhc3R5LWNhcmRib2FyZC5qcGc%253D

The 100% official unoffical Cornish match guide for

Boro V Charlton Athletic

Alright me 'ansums.

Welcome to the official unofficial Cornish preview for Boro v Charlton Athletic. Please, come in. Grab a seat, pour yourself a Doom and help yourselves to a freshly baked pasty courtesy of Mrs Cornish. Oooh bleddy lovely.

Now then, onto more pressing matters, the game on Saturday. The two teams go into the games in completely seperate levels of morale; with Boro registering a 2-0 victory over Blackpool and Charlton... well... not actually playing at all.... again.

Blackpool Evaluations

In fairness we couldnt have played Blackpool at a better time to end our hoodoo at Bloomfield Road. Yes, they had to name their goalkeeping coach and two youngsters who had already played a youth game that day a***st their subs, but as the old saying goes - you can only beat what is in front of you, and we very nearly didn't f it wasn't for the introduction and subsequent injection of Muzzy Carayol. Who's pace is always going to be a major problem for any tiring legs in this division.

Another clean sheet registered means that Karanka is slowly starting to iron up our backline, erasing silly mistakes that cost us very dearly earlier this season. If you keep a clean sheet then you get points on the board, simple as that. Rhys Williams seemed to have one of his best games of the season yesterday. Are we seeing a change in attitude from Rhys or is he merely putting himself in the window amid reports he is still desperate to leave the club.

Our failings - Do we really need to have it spelt out? We need a goalscorer. Someone who has the potential to put us 3-4 up before half time with the chances we create. Juke I like, but he is not said goalscorer we are after. Although highly unlikely, will we bring in Vossen before the Charlton game? If Twitter reports are to be believed (they aren't) then he could be ours in a matter of days. Do you think this is realistic? Failing that, will Kamara be fit and start in Jukes place? Will this have an impact on our results?

Charlton Pathetic?

A lot of people not fans of Charlton at present, no more than Charltons own fans, who are seeing their ground become the catalyst and reason for them becoming a laughing stock of the FL72.

I've heard that the works needed to fix the issue can't commence until May. What does this mean for Charlton for the rest of the season? Will this affect the morale of the players? I am a big fan of Chris Powell personally. I think he has done an excellent job at Charlton, but think that recent events may effect performances, and can't see past a home win here.

Over to you; the usual talking points:

Likely lineups?

How to we address our goalscoring problems?

Does Muzzy deserve his place in the starting lineup after Blackpool? Or is he going to be indefinitely better at the 60 minute mark?

Will there be any incomings/outgoings ahead of Kick Off?

Result?

That's all for now. Please make sure you bring your glasses back to the bar.

Dreckly...

Cornish :heart:

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. Another must win if we are looking to continue our climb up the table and prolong our run of very good form. Can't see past another clean sheet and a comfortable 3-0 win for the boro. I don't think Charlton should offer too much of a threat and I think we are an infinitely better side than the one which beat them 0-1 earlier this season.

We have a week before this game and as such, with players coming back into training and Karanka's no train no game policy, we might see Kenneth Omeruo make his debut and Kei Kamara coming back into contention from his injury. It's a tough decision to make though, as the obvious choice for Omeruo to replace is Williams and by all accounts he had his best game in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time against the tangerines. I personally would play him first half and if he slips back into his playstyle of late, haul him off at half time. In addition, it needs to be asked, has muzzy done enough to force his way off the bench and into the starting 11? IMO yes he has.

As such my team would be as follows:

--------------------Given-------------------

Varga---------Ayala------Williams------Friend

------------Leadbitter---Whitehead----------

Adomah------------Ledesma----------Carayol

-------------------Jutkiewicz----------------

Bench: Konstantopopololopolopolopolopolopoous, Gibson, Omeruo, Smallwood, Emnes, Kamara, Main.

I'd drop Emnes for Carayol and switch Ledesma in the centre as I feel Ledesma offers lot more than Emnes. Ledesma is an important player in the team, and I feel he is our only true playmaker. He's always trying to make something happen, and make it happen quickly. Emnes dilly dallies a little too much for me and that can slow down our high intensity style of play. Carayol has to have earned his place in the starting 11. I'm playing Juke up top, simply because this could well be Kei's first game back from injury and I'd rather ease him back into things, as a lot has changed since he last played. I'm a firm believer of playing players who are playing well (do I need to say 'play' any more times?!?) and as such, it would be criminal in my opinion to drop Rhys after he put in 2 very good performances in his last 2 matches. If he looks lacklustre we can chuck on Gibson or Omeruo. The rest of the team picks itself in my opinion.

I think we will see at least 1 transfer in or out before kickoff. A week is a huge amount of time in the January transfer window, and we're linked heavily with Chalobah and there's been plenty of rumours floating around, in particular regarding Vossen and Moscardelli. In addition Haroun seems like he's on his way out. Just has no real place in the squad anymore, which is a shame as I think he'd thrive under Karanka's high intensity style of play as power and stamina are 2 of his best attributes. I'd love to see Vossen and Chalobah arrive before the match, but that's just a crazy LSD induced dream.

As I stated previously, 3-0 to the mighty reds from Teesside, with Adomah, Ledesma and Jutkiewicz to score. I think this should be a comfortable match and hopefully bring us closer to the playoffs. Close the gap by another couple of points and we are serious, serious contenders.

I'll be at the match as per every home game and will post player ratings and a match review after.

Btw, get Mrs Cornish to send me a hamper? :p It looks like a creation from the hands of God himself (or herself for all you religious feminists out there).

UTB onwards and upwards, in a wan... I mean Karanka we trust! ;)

Would be tempted to put kamara back.in the team for juke if he is fit. If not then start main over juke and ledesma over emnes. Keep rhys in the side on the off chance he has another good game. Any potential signings apart from a striker will find it hard to get in this team atm

Fairly routine 3:1 boro win. kamara adomah and ledesma

Bench: Konstantopopololopolopolopolopolopoous, Gibson, Omeruo, Smallwood, Emnes, Kamara, Main.

I like that team and sub's bench, although I'd swap Butterfield into the bench and move Main or Kamara off it.

I'm definitely in favour of giving Ledesma a go behind the striker AND playing two fast wide-men in Adomah and Carayol.

Having Omeruo and Gibson on the bench covers right-back, central defence and left-back.

That formation would be my preference for the rest of the season, it's just a shame we don't have a focal point at the front who can score 15-20 goals to go with the rest of the attack.

I like that team and sub's bench, although I'd swap Butterfield into the bench and move Main or Kamara off it.

I'm definitely in favour of giving Ledesma a go behind the striker AND playing two fast wide-men in Adomah and Carayol.

Having Omeruo and Gibson on the bench covers right-back, central defence and left-back.

That formation would be my preference for the rest of the season, it's just a shame we don't have a focal point at the front who can score 15-20 goals to go with the rest of the attack.

Agree. Forgot about Butterfield. If Kamara is fit enough to make the bench, I'd drop Main. If we sign a real goalscorer in January, I'd play them off Kamara and drop Carayol with Ledesma left and Adomah right. If they're strong enough to lead the line as well as score goals I'd use the team above and drop Kamara/Juke.

Agree. Forgot about Butterfield. If Kamara is fit enough to make the bench, I'd drop Main. If we sign a real goalscorer in January, I'd play them off Kamara and drop Carayol with Ledesma left and Adomah right. If they're strong enough to lead the line as well as score goals I'd use the team above and drop Kamara/Juke.

I think Kamara used to play out wide for Kansas City, in a front three, so there's no reason he couldn't start out there in place of Carayol with super-sub coming on after an hour for an injection of pace.

---------------- Given ----------------

- Varga - Ayala - Williams - Friend -

------ Leadbitter - Whitehead ------

--- Adomah - Ledesma - Carayol ---

----------------- Juke ----------------

Bench;

Dimi/Leutwiler, Omeruo, Woodgate/Gibson, Smallwood, Butterfield, Emnes, Main.

Don't care who starts up front. Unfortunately both are fairly useless. But guess I'd opt for Juke. And I don't want to see Kamara riskily rushed back. Also not sure when exactly in January Dimi's contract ends, so not sure which keeper will take a seat on the bench, and for how long. I love Woodgate, but I think Williams and certainly Ayala deserve to maintain their spots in central defence atm as well.

3-0.

Adomah 28', Carayol 57', Ledesma 71'.

let's get a run going...

cleansheet is a bonus...

carayol deserves a start given his goals contribution in the last outing... but will he be able to perform just as well from the start? or better of the bench.. I guess we will find out in this match.

4-0 boro win.

Carayol to continue scoring.. netting the first..

Juke silence critics with a brace...

Ledesma with a last free kick to put icing on the cake.

:) :)

---------------- Given ----------------

- Varga - Ayala - Williams - Friend -

------ Leadbitter - Whitehead ------

--- Adomah - Ledesma - Carayol ---

----------------- Juke ----------------

Bench;

Dimi/Leutwiler, Omeruo, Woodgate/Gibson, Smallwood, Butterfield, Emnes, Main.

Don't care who starts up front. Unfortunately both are fairly useless. But guess I'd opt for Juke. And I don't want to see Kamara riskily rushed back. Also not sure when exactly in January Dimi's contract ends, so not sure which keeper will take a seat on the bench, and for how long. I love Woodgate, but I think Williams and certainly Ayala deserve to maintain their spots in central defence atm as well.

3-0.

Adomah 28', Carayol 57', Ledesma 71'.

i think your lineup will be spot on. Only possibly Woodgate in for Williams if fit.

Well firstly a terrific thread CBB and very well done for doing succesive match day threads.

This is a really strange set of circumstances due to Charltons enforced rest period though I understand that they will play their FA cup game during the week but will this present Chris Powell with more problems or not??

But for me the best time to play them and really can not see anything but a Boro win.

With regards to Carayol I am very much in favour of him being our super sub so again give him the second half to run riot against Charlton.

I also would like to see Boro getting an early goal or two.

CBB to continue his run!