• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well have to say well done CBB another match day thread to come from you though I would suspect that if we play like this against Leicester next week your run will come to an end.

FYI did you know that was the first home win in January for Boro in 7 seasons

Wow - thats quite a shocking stat in itself!

Agree with your comment about the Leicester game. I said earlier in the thread that if we play like this, we'll be the ones on the wrong end of a 7-0 drubbing. :(

I think we are missing the most important thing to come out of today.....

WE ARE ABOVE THE LEEDS SCUM!!!!!!

I hope McCormack is looking at the league table!

Hopefully it will remain this way for the rest of the season!

Damn aitor, you missed your calling in life as a laundrette! Guy's the master of clean sheets! :)

My internet went off at the end so I missed what sounds like an incredible stop from given?! Anyone care to fill me in?

Another cracking 3 points. When was our last run of form like this? Must be a looong time ago. Its times like this that make it worth sitting through the dross we usually have to endure as boro fans :)

Last season we'd have crumbled and probably lost 2 1, shows how far we've come we can withstand pressure. Upwards we climb with 2 top energetic youngsters not even introduced to the bench yet in Chal and Omeruo.

Would you still be saying that if Given hadn't managed to make the save and it ended 1-1?

Depends how fantastic a save it was, having Given rather than Steele definitely has an impact on us hanging on by him using his experience but I doubt the save was that magical I'll have to see it. I take your point though on fine margins maybe we just have a tad more luck and rub of the green but we're definitely due some.

Damn aitor, you missed your calling in life as a laundrette! Guy's the master of clean sheets! :)

My internet went off at the end so I missed what sounds like an incredible stop from given?! Anyone care to fill me in?

Another lucky 3 points. When was our last run of form like this? Must be a looong time ago. Its times like this that make it worth sitting through the dross we usually have to endure as boro fans :)

Fixed it for you. ;)

During the last few minutes Charlton were piling on the pressure with corners and free kicks.

Not sure what happened in the build-up to the save as things were pretty frantic, but Given had to pull off a top-drawer save to win the game for us. It was a shot from the edge of the area, heading for the top-centre of the goal and Shay either tipped it over the bar or caught it - can't remember which.

Yes, given that 3 of our 6 shots on target came in stoppage time...

If you'd listened to the commentary, you wouldn't be asking the question.

Well I couldn't thanks mate, which is why I asked the question.

Even disregarding those 3 injury time shots (not sure why we should) we still outnumber their shots on target. Final Score pundit described us as being in "cruise control" during the 2nd half.

Glad for the 3 points, regardless of the performance. I think fans can be fickle. No team in this league will perform consistently well every game. I think comments like "we've taken a massive step backwards" are well wide of the mark. I think its more important that we've still managed to get the 3 points and kept a clean sheet.

I think we are missing the most important thing to come out of today.....

WE ARE ABOVE THE LEEDS SCUM!!!!!!

I hope McCormack is looking at the league table!

Hopefully it will remain this way for the rest of the season!

YEAH........ I LUUUUUUUUV IT!!!! :D:D:D

even if we lose to Leicester I'm not overly concerned, we seem to have found the sprit we lost under mogga and before if we lost one match it was pretty certain the doom and gloom would hang in the air, with Karanka you feel he just dusts the team down and moves on.