oneBoro Forum

Boro V Charlton Athletic

Another point - if other clubs admire him so much how come we haven't had any interest in him for the past 18 months? Because he's been shocking that's why! He's been out of form for far far longer than Williams and yet everyones desperate to get him out the door.

It's not just the past 18 months. Swansea could have bought him before that but instead they paid us £2 million for Leroy Lita.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that you would choose to disagree with qualified coaches who continue to pick him for games but will choose to agree with fans that know a lot less about football than the coaches because it matches your point of view.

I'll choose to agree with a coach that sees him day in day out and still picks him in the team almost every week. There is only 6 of our league games that he hasn't played in, does that not indicate to you that the coaches think that he is performing, others have said that we have other players who can play the position better than him, if that's the case then why aren't they?

I'm not agreeing with anyone. I've formed my own opinion based on watching him for the past five and half years. You said you were choosing to agree with others bud, not me.

The current coach/manager has had how many games? And Emnes has been dropped four times I believe? The manager keeps bringing him off after an hour and when we went down to ten men he was the one given the hook? That would seem to suggest Karanka also isn't that impressed with him. The fact is we don't have anyone else that can play the role. Butterfield is a completely different type of player and Ledesma doesn't have the movement to do it in my opinion. Emnes is the only player at the club that can play the role so Karanka has no other option but to play him. The question will be what happens in the summer and I think unless Emnes improves greatly then he will be moved out.

I think you may have missed my point, I began this by saying that he is important to the team and it was shown today when we went off because our system fell to pieces, you seem to think that I've been saying that he is our best player and is completely indispensable.

By the way, I also formed my own opinion on him but if someone else seems to have the same opinion as you would you not say that you agreed with their opinion? Stop being pedantic.

I think I'll choose to agree with Karanka who has started him virtually every game since arriving and with other teams fans who see him as one of our dangerous players.

So you'd choose to agree with people who hardly see him play because it matches your own point of view but disagree with those that see him week in, week out because they don't? Interesting.

Karanka has already dropped him a few times actually. Karanka also brought him off when Steele was sent off at Leeds and seems to be taking him off after about an hour fairly regularly now. Maybe Karanka doesn't rate him all that highly but recognises that we don't really have anyone else that can play the same role?

Interesting that you would choose to disagree with qualified coaches who continue to pick him for games but will choose to agree with fans that know a lot less about football than the coaches because it matches your point of view.

I'll choose to agree with a coach that sees him day in day out and still picks him in the team almost every week. There is only 6 of our league games that he hasn't played in, does that not indicate to you that the coaches think that he is performing, others have said that we have other players who can play the position better than him, if that's the case then why aren't they?

So what about Strachen then? He's a qualified international manager who thought he's crap? I think its a bit unfair the way you direct your reply to suggest he sides with a less educated point of view to support his own while doing the same thing. Its like statistics, they can be made out to support both sides of the same argument.

There's no moral high ground, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

I think you may have missed my point, I began this by saying that he is important to the team and it was shown today when we went off because our system fell to pieces, you seem to think that I've been saying that he is our best player and is completely indispensable.

By the way, I also formed my own opinion on him but if someone else seems to have the same opinion as you would you not say that you agreed with their opinion? Stop being pedantic.

I don't think I have missed your point. To take what you've just said, our game was hardly great before he went off and the system fell to pieces because of the changes that had to be made to it. Last week Emnes was brought off at the exact same stage of the game and we went on to score twice and win the game. So quite clearly he isn't as important as you seem to think he is unless you're disregarding that game for some reason?

I'm sure you have also formed your own opinion but you were trying to justify it by saying that other people shared it, some of whom will see Emnes play once per season. So my comments still stand and there's nothing at all pedantic about them. It was poor justification on your part that's all, sorry but it was.

So because we can score two goals on the break against a very poor Blackpool team without him on the pitch means that emnes 'quite clearly isn't as important' as I think?

If you want to talk about very poorly justified opinions then I think you may want to look at the one above.

I'm sure you have also formed your own opinion but you were trying to justify it by saying that other people shared it, some of whom will see Emnes play once per season. So my comments still stand and there's nothing at all pedantic about them. It was poor justification on your part that's all, sorry but it was.

That wasn't the only thing I used to justify my opinion yet you picked it out and claim that my opinion is poorly justified, id say that's pretty pedantic.

Even when we rejected a £7.5 million bid from Swansea in the summer of 2012(I think?) after a good season the same fans that don't rate him now didn't rate him then. The simple fact is that they don't appreciate what he brings to the team, never have and never will. They would happily sell him tomorrow for £500,000 just to get rid of him. Football is such a game of split opinions.

So because we can score two goals on the break against a very poor Blackpool team without him on the pitch means that emnes 'quite clearly isn't as important' as I think?

If you want to talk about very poorly justified opinions then I think you may want to look at the one above.

That wasn't the only thing I used to justify my opinion yet you picked it out and claim that my opinion is poorly justified, id say that's pretty pedantic.

No, you said our system fell to pieces after he was substituted and this shows he is important. Did our system fall to pieces after he was substituted at the same stage of the game against Blackpool? No it didn't, not that it was working all that well beforehand whilst he was actually on the pitch. Did it fall to pieces against Burnley when he was brought off at the same stage of the game? No it didn't. Don't you find it slightly odd that Karanka keeps bringing him off at the same time in games with half an hour still to play? I think you view him as being more important than he does or he's got an odd way of showing it.

I addressed all of the things you used to justify the opinion, namely the 'evidence' of today's game, the opinion of people who hardly watch him play and the manager's apparent faith in him. I've read through the entire thread and can't see anything else. Apologies if I've missed something, put it up and I'll comment on it if you like?

No, you said our system fell to pieces after he was substituted and this shows he is important. Did our system fall to pieces after he was substituted at the same stage of the game against Blackpool? No it didn't, not that it was working all that well beforehand whilst he was actually on the pitch. Did it fall to pieces against Burnley when he was brought off at the same stage of the game? No it didn't. Don't you find it slightly odd that Karanka keeps bringing him off at the same time in games with half an hour still to play? I think you view him as being more important than he does or he's got an odd way of showing it.

I addressed all of the things you used to justify the opinion, namely the 'evidence' of today's game, the opinion of people who hardly watch him play and the manager's apparent faith in him. I've read through the entire thread and can't see anything else. Apologies if I've missed something, put it up and I'll comment on it if you like?

You clearly don't see what he brings to the team and I'm not going to convince you, so I'm going to leave it for now.

Just a bit of food for thought for you, emnes won the ball to set up ledesma for his goal today, and If I remember correctly he also won the ball and gave it to ledesma for his goal against burnley, two games you pick out as him performing poorly yet he played an important part in the only goals of both of those games but don't let that ruin your view of him.

Even when we rejected a £7.5 million bid from Swansea in the summer of 2012(I think?) after a good season the same fans that don't rate him now didn't rate him then. The simple fact is that they don't appreciate what he brings to the team, never have and never will. They would happily sell him tomorrow for £500,000 just to get rid of him. Football is such a game of split opinions.

I'm not as ITK as others but I don't believe we did reject a bit of that amount from anyone for him. I'm sure someone else will either confirm that or put me right.

I suspect most people's views on him will have changed over time, certainly people with any sense would judge players based on their performances. So how do you weigh up one decent season against four and a half mostly ineffective ones?

My opinion of Emnes is pretty simple really. He's a player that is largely ineffective and doesn't produce enough consistently over time. A player with at least some of the tools to be much better than he is and someone that is capable of some excellent things but more often than not produces very little. For an attacking player, his goalscoring record is poor. In our system our front man is used as much to create space and opportunities for the three guys behind him to exploit, which is handy because they aren't exactly prolific themselves! Adomah and Carayol have scored goals, Ledesma has three from six now and has created another three from memory? Emnes has one goal this season and that is plainly not good enough. All this stuff about him doing things that people aren't seeing is nonsense. There are plenty of players that can draw defenders out of position and cause problems by getting into space between defence and midfield. The difference is that they also usually have a fair number of goals, a fair number of assists or both. Emnes doesn't really have either. If he did I'd be much happier with him as I suspect his other critics would be.

You clearly don't see what he brings to the team and I'm not going to convince you, so I'm going to leave it for now.

Just a bit of food for thought for you, emnes won the ball to set up ledesma for his goal today, and If I remember correctly he also won the ball and gave it to ledesma for his goal against burnley, two games you pick out as him performing poorly yet he played an important part in the only goals of both of those games but don't let that ruin your view of him.

Perhaps I see what he brings to the team and it's just not a great deal? :)

I believe Emnes did indeed do both of those things you mentioned and I was pleased to see it. He also didn't play especially well (or for that matter especially badly) in either game. A player can play poorly and still do something of note or can play well and still do something bad as I'm sure you well know. If you really want to go down the road of looking back over each game he's played I don't really mind that but I suspect there will be far more that back up my point of view than yours. It has to be each game though because that's what I base my opinion on. All games, not just a select few. Nice chatting with you as always mate.

We're the featured game on the fl show tonight apparently, plus there's an interview with AK!

Starting to get some recognition for the turnaround it seems :) We're right in the mix for the play-offs now so hopefully we'll be getting featured a bit more as the season progresses.

Leicester dont like it if you get a*** them, sure we could have put one of these chances away!!

with regards to the carayol debate, its easy to knock him, he doesnt work hard enough for the team and often goes missing but he has got that quality that can always grab or make a goal. He didnt do alot against blackpool but still got 2 goals and won us the points. better end product needed but i would still start him over ledesma

I think I'll choose to agree with Karanka who has started him virtually every game since arriving and with other teams fans who see him as one of our dangerous players.

So you'd choose to agree with people who hardly see him play because it matches your own point of view but disagree with those that see him week in, week out because they don't? Interesting.

Karanka has already dropped him a few times actually. Karanka also brought him off when Steele was sent off at Leeds and seems to be taking him off after about an hour fairly regularly now. Maybe Karanka doesn't rate him all that highly but recognises that we don't really have anyone else that can play the same role?

I've got one last question for you, if Karanka chooses to drop Emnes for the good of the team, would this mean you are wrong, and know better than a qualified coach who sees him day in day out, or would you change your mind and continue to agree with the coach?