oneBoro Forum

Boro V Charlton Athletic

Im going to give my view on Emnes for what its worth. *Puts on flack jacket*

Emnes is rubbish. The earlier argument that someone said about him playing a good role because he set up Ledesma's goals v Burnley and today is stupid. Those two goals were all down to Ledesma. Just because someone passes it to another player, who then scores a worldy or goes past someone doesnt mean they have a good contribution. In my opinion as a footballer on a pitch, you shouldnt get praised for a simple pass to someone. If it was a defence splitting through ball then yes, but not for a simple 5 yard pass.

I think the argument that managers seem to rate him because he keeps getting played is a rubbish one also. Yes to some degree Emnes may start alot of games, but that doesnt mean that managers pick him because he is good. He is simply better than what we have in that position.

Thats not to say thats a good thing to go by. By that argument, would it not mean that Juke is good? And that managers would view him as a good player because he plays and starts alot of the games? I think its just putting players who can play in that position, but it doesnt mean that they rate them. Karanka could think that Emnes isnt a good player for the number 9 role, but he is better than what we have (who else is there?). SO therefore he may start games because he is better than the subs. You could arguably play Ledesma there, with Carayol and Adomah on either side, but then risk losing a blistering impact sub to run past people later on.

Its a shame because I really want him to succeed here, but i think it would be best if both parties moved on. Lets get someone in with some confidence, ability and consistency (easier said than done). I have grown tired of forever waiting for him to 'recapture' his form or 'unleash his potential'.

The fact that we have had similar discussions on these forums for ages regarding him, doesnt convince me that what ever hes doing to change opinion is working.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll choose to agree with Karanka who has started him virtually every game since arriving and with other teams fans who see him as one of our dangerous players.

So you'd choose to agree with people who hardly see him play because it matches your own point of view but disagree with those that see him week in, week out because they don't? Interesting.

Karanka has already dropped him a few times actually. Karanka also brought him off when Steele was sent off at Leeds and seems to be taking him off after about an hour fairly regularly now. Maybe Karanka doesn't rate him all that highly but recognises that we don't really have anyone else that can play the same role?

Interesting that you would choose to disagree with qualified coaches who continue to pick him for games but will choose to agree with fans that know a lot less about football than the coaches because it matches your point of view.

I'll choose to agree with a coach that sees him day in day out and still picks him in the team almost every week. There is only 6 of our league games that he hasn't played in, does that not indicate to you that the coaches think that he is performing, others have said that we have other players who can play the position better than him, if that's the case then why aren't they?

So what about Strachen then? He's a qualified international manager who thought he's crap? I think its a bit unfair the way you direct your reply to suggest he sides with a less educated point of view to support his own while doing the same thing. Its like statistics, they can be made out to support both sides of the same argument.

There's no moral high ground, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Agreed Chimpy!! Will often forgets that this is a forum and that his views aren't written in stone.

Christ, even when we're the featured game we have to wait till the end of the program...

dont want to put the big teams on first. everyone is staying up for this one :D

Christ, even when we're the featured game we have to wait till the end of the program...

dont want to put the big teams on first. everyone is staying up for this one :D

Most of the loyal will still be out celebrating! That's why they left it til last!

It was lucky they just found the calendar. Would have been right embarrassing if baldy had opened the cupboard with aitor's jose shrine in :D

And unless my eyes decieved me, they didnt even show the save at the end?! :s