• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win today, wasn't pretty but a win when not playing well is a good sign.

Excellent save by given at the end though, as was flying in the net, pity the bbc didn't feel the need to show it though! I did like the way they tried to make out though that charlton where unlucky and denied a "goal" though...brilliance in media that is!

Onto next week and a big game that should be a marker for where we are at, a win and anything is possible.

Still would like to see a striker brought in though, and hopefully get adomah fit for next week too

I think I'll choose to agree with Karanka who has started him virtually every game since arriving and with other teams fans who see him as one of our dangerous players.

So you'd choose to agree with people who hardly see him play because it matches your own point of view but disagree with those that see him week in, week out because they don't? Interesting.

Karanka has already dropped him a few times actually. Karanka also brought him off when Steele was sent off at Leeds and seems to be taking him off after about an hour fairly regularly now. Maybe Karanka doesn't rate him all that highly but recognises that we don't really have anyone else that can play the same role?

Interesting that you would choose to disagree with qualified coaches who continue to pick him for games but will choose to agree with fans that know a lot less about football than the coaches because it matches your point of view.

I'll choose to agree with a coach that sees him day in day out and still picks him in the team almost every week. There is only 6 of our league games that he hasn't played in, does that not indicate to you that the coaches think that he is performing, others have said that we have other players who can play the position better than him, if that's the case then why aren't they?

So what about Strachen then? He's a qualified international manager who thought he's crap? I think its a bit unfair the way you direct your reply to suggest he sides with a less educated point of view to support his own while doing the same thing. Its like statistics, they can be made out to support both sides of the same argument.

There's no moral high ground, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Agreed Chimpy!! Will often forgets that this is a forum and that his views aren't written in stone.

And as a forum I'm allowed to post my opinion and disagree with others. I can also safely say that I've never forgotten that this is a forum, but thanks for your fantastic input.

Strange that both of you missed CT doing exactly what I did to him in the post before mine.

CT:

"So you'd choose to agree with people who hardly see him play because it matches your own point of view but disagree with those that see him week in, week out because they don't? Interesting."

Me:

"Interesting that you would choose to disagree with qualified coaches who continue to pick him for games but will choose to agree with fans that know a lot less about football than the coaches because it matches your point of view."

So you'd choose to agree with people who hardly see him play because it matches your own point of view but disagree with those that see him week in, week out because they don't? Interesting.

Karanka has already dropped him a few times actually. Karanka also brought him off when Steele was sent off at Leeds and seems to be taking him off after about an hour fairly regularly now. Maybe Karanka doesn't rate him all that highly but recognises that we don't really have anyone else that can play the same role?

Interesting that you would choose to disagree with qualified coaches who continue to pick him for games but will choose to agree with fans that know a lot less about football than the coaches because it matches your point of view.

I'll choose to agree with a coach that sees him day in day out and still picks him in the team almost every week. There is only 6 of our league games that he hasn't played in, does that not indicate to you that the coaches think that he is performing, others have said that we have other players who can play the position better than him, if that's the case then why aren't they?

So what about Strachen then? He's a qualified international manager who thought he's crap? I think its a bit unfair the way you direct your reply to suggest he sides with a less educated point of view to support his own while doing the same thing. Its like statistics, they can be made out to support both sides of the same argument.

There's no moral high ground, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Agreed Chimpy!! Will often forgets that this is a forum and that his views aren't written in stone.

And as a forum I'm allowed to post my opinion and disagree with others. I can also safely say that I've never forgotten that this is a forum, but thanks for your fantastic input.

...and for your's too Will...you need to learn to be accepting of other's views and to disagree respectfully....I disagree with your argument in this case fully, but respectfully.

Please refer to the edit in my previous post.

Lol..now you trying to sound like a Politician! This is supposed to be a reasonably friendly forum...you go out of your way to upset others for some reason.

Please refer to the edit in my previous post.

Lol..now you trying to sound like a Politician! This is supposed to be a reasonably friendly forum...you go out of your way to upset others for some reason.

Please quote where I have gone out of my way to upset anyone, or retract the statement because I'm quite offended by that accusation.

I was at the game today. Not a convincing performance but a great 3 points all the same. Not sure whether to look forward to / dread Leicester away next.

Welcome to the forum Joa_Boro! Long time lurker or transfer from another forum?

Hope to see you post again and join in with the members on line:)

Was surprised that no-one apart from Anglian Red made a comment on what I mentioned yesterday but I will repeat myself.

The win against Charlton was the first home league game that Boro have won in the month of January for the last 7 seasons.

That stat really stands out