• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen anyone having a dig at Steele, but then I've not checked every comment. I think Steele is a quality keeper, as good as any championship club could hope for, and I think it's disgraceful the amount he gets slagged off on the Facebook page. But the topic in question isn't Steele, it's Given and he made a fantastic match winning save which isn't done justice by the video.

The gravity of that save was that it was made in the dying seconds of the game from a rocket of a shot from a few yards away which was arrowing into the top corner and he caught it. If it isn't a fantastic save then it's nothing else. As every fan sat in the stadium will tell you, it was an incredible save. Given raising his hand after the save is him waving to the crowd who celebrated it almost as if it were a goal.

Why can't we praise Given AND still rate Steele? I'm one of Steeles biggest defenders, I think he's a class act and actually underrated by some of our fans. But I was also the biggest fan of getting Given in (mainly cause I knew first hand what he can do for a team). I still have full confidence in Steele when Given goes back but Shay really does deserve a hell of a lot of credit for the job he's done so far.

Why can't we praise Given AND still rate Steele? I'm one of Steeles biggest defenders, I think he's a class act and actually underrated by some of our fans. But I was also the biggest fan of getting Given in (mainly cause I knew first hand what he can do for a team). I still have full confidence in Steele when Given goes back but Shay really does deserve a hell of a lot of credit for the job he's done so far.

this^

Re the Given save, it looks like a case of mass hysteria in the bbc tees commentry box, Ali providing most of the mass.

After searching in vain for any mention in the media and then it not even being shown on the football league show (not so suprising I guess) my only conclusion was Ali is at it again.

I used to enjoy the bias when I could see the games myself but you seriously can't trust what he says. Every time a boro player is in a 50- 50 it should have been a free kick, everytime the ref blows for a foul against us "That was never a foul".

I think I prefer it when Boro world goes AWOL.

Bring back Bernie for a bit of sanity.

Great stop though it was, the best save at the Boro. As Bernie wouls say "Give your head a shake Ali"

And It's not always "Maddo and I" sometimes "Maddo and me" is the correct form Ali. God that grates like nails on a blackboard.

Rant over, first post just had to say it.

Welcome to the forum and I agree to an extent uncle. They definitely over emphasize everything that boro do well. However, I wouldn't want Bernie back in a million years, he's around the same level as Maddo for me. Ali and Maddo are both too fan like for me, I can deal with it from Ali but he works best with an intelligent and articulate, more neutral man alongside him, exactly what Maddo isn't. Higgy was a great counterpart and is really missed.

I'd kill to have Higgy back, and I would be more than happy to have Gary Gill back but for the love of god please don't give Maddo another season! I can't take it anymore! He brings nothing to the commentary that any bloke picked randomly from the riverside crowd wouldn't be able to do!

I like Maddison's enthusiasm but he sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. The amount of times he relies on saying "we need to get the ball wide and get it into the box and ask questions of the defenders". He has apparently done his coaching badges so it's a surprise for him to have such an old fashioned simple view of football.

Hignett was far better as he could read the game and tactics far better.

I like Maddison's enthusiasm but he sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. The amount of times he relies on saying "we need to get the ball wide and get it into the box and ask questions of the defenders".

What I think he means is get the ball out wide to Adomah/carayol have them run into the box whilst juke ask the defence questions like "what does DFS stand for?" to try and confuse them. And in the resultant panic and bafflement Adomah/carayol will have scored.

Sounds to me like Maddo's got this tactics lark down to a T.

like ali, think he offers a fairly unbiased view despite being a big boro fan

maddo on the other hand really doesnt know what he is talking about, not an expert summariser, uses the same phrases over and over, really enjoyed it more with higgy. he knows what he is talking about, same with gill

its not suprising they have both got jobs in the game now

really wouldnt want slaven back on it, right big mouth, cant stand the bloke