oneBoro Forum
cornishboroboy

Boro V Charlton Athletic

Guest Spirit of 86

The fact that I've predicted defeats in the last five games, seems to be working :D

The fact that I've predicted defeats in the last five games, seems to be working :D

Well, if it ain't broken, don't fix it! ;)

No need to go changing a winning (I mean losing) prediction... :D

Charlton are losing 2-0 at home to Oxford. Apparently Oxford are pressing them high up the pitch which they are struggling with. They should struggle with us pressing them on Saturday then.

Charlton are losing 2-0 at home to Oxford. Apparently Oxford are pressing them high up the pitch which they are struggling with. They should struggle with us pressing them on Saturday then.

Or they'll come out with a point to prove? I was at the valley earlier in the season and they aren't a bad side, just lacking a bit of creativity to unlock teams. Kermogant was half decent, but he might have just looked good in an average team

The first game was postponed so it will go to a replay if it's a draw at full time.

Thats how it ended but believe Oxford will have tested them and probably tired them out to a degree.

Good time to play them and maybe a defeat by Boro could result in another managerial dismissal.

Guest CallumRoddy17

I think people are going into this game a bit complacent. Who are we to underestimate any football team in this league up till 4/5 games ago we were just above the relegation zone & just because we are on a good run of form, people think we will get play offs. I'd be happy with a top 10 finish this season & if we exceed my expectations thats a bonus. But like Aitor keeps saying we need to keep our feet on the ground & work hard.

I think people are going into this game a bit complacent. Who are we to underestimate any football team in this league up till 4/5 games ago we were just above the relegation zone & just because we are on a good run of form, people think we will get play offs. I'd be happy with a top 10 finish this season & if we exceed my expectations thats a bonus. But like Aitor keeps saying we need to keep our feet on the ground & work hard.

You are correct CR17 but for so long all we have had is a very negative aspet to all things Boro and this sudden rush of dare I say optimism is a new feeling that takes getting used to.it has been a rush and a buzz:)

3-0 Boro for me I'm not being disrespectful there are some very good reasons why Boro should get all 3 points quite comfortably.

1. Charlton haven't played alot in the last couple of weeks so their match sharpness won't be all that.

2. They got run ragged in the week so to come to a team who comes out the blocks quickly, presses high and is very pacey by 60 mins they'll be ***ed. Cue Lionel Muzzy :D

3. We are on a very good run of form.

4. This could be seen as a 'Typical Boro' game but most of us saw the Blackpool game as one of those and we did pretty well there.

5. Most importantly of all they're *** :P

So there you have my reasons for optimism.

Now i've jinxed thoroughly it, watch us Balls it up. :dodgy:

Plenty of reasons to feel optimistic about this one. Boro are on a 5-game unbeaten run, at home against a struggling side, who have only won 2 of their last 10 games, drawn 4 and lost 4. Charlton are not exactly prolific in front of goal either, managing just 22 goals in 24 games, while conceding 30.

SBC15Jan2014_zpsd232a9b3.png

My Prediction: Boro 3 - 0 Charlton

Can't remember the last time I predicted a 3-0 win for the Boro! :s

kamara played and scored for the reserves today so he should be fit enough for a place at least on the bench

• Latest Posts

• My initial thought too Maccarone, I was gutted when walking home from work & seen the gazette headline Cummins up for sale, not longer after Sunderland snapped him up, bad business IMHO 
    • Thought he was going to be a superstar, sadly never quite worked out that way.
    • Boro flashback 12th November 1977 Villa 0 Boro 1 Who remembers Stan Cummins the 1st million pound footballer which Jack sort of said at a media meeting & the press changed his words around  Well Stanley scored his 1st Boro goal on his 1st appearences of the season taking both points back to Teesside & our 2nd away win of the season  Pat Cuff was standing in for Jim Platt, John Neal was trying to find who was going to be his No1 keeper of the 3 on the Boro's books Boro team Pat Cuff  Ian Bailey  Terry Cooper  Graeme Souness  Stuart Boam  Alan Ramage  John Mahoney  Stan Cummins - 3rd appearance  Billy Ashcroft  Tony McAndrew  David Armstrong   
    • Agree with most of this, but I'm far from confident about us retaining Championship status. If we can use the decent performance against QPR as a springboard and start picking up points more often, we might end up quite comfortable. Knowing Boro though it'll be a last-game-of-the-season nailbiter.   
    • Colchester  v  Bradford. D Crawley  v  Morecambe. H Exeter  v  Cheltenham. A Forest Green  v  Plymouth. H Grimsby  v  Newport. H L/Orient  v  Scunthorpe. (none.) H Macclesfield  v  Mansfield. H Northampton  v  Crewe. H Port Vale  v  Carlisle. H Salford  v  Swindon. A .......... Stevenage  v  Oldham. A Walsall  v  Cambridge. A