oneBoro Forum
cornishboroboy

Boro V Charlton Athletic

In all fairness i did say "no disrespect to Charlton"...

The funny thing is I'm not from Boro at all. But probably best not to mention I'm from Cornwall - gives them 10000 X more ammunition....

3-0 to the Boro; Adomah, Juke and Kamara (off the bench) to score. Not disrespectful to anyone, just a home side on a good run of form and confidence up against an away side that is struggling (albeit not losing many).

The boro is no holiday destination but this lot must walk round charlton with there eyes closed if they think they live anywhere better , althogh by the amount of them that come in onthe tubes every game not many do live incharlton

To be fair ever since a lot of industry came shuddering to a halt on Teesside, Middlesbrough has been in decline. Don't see how it bears any relevance to the match on Saturday. If they have to resort to slagging off our town it's a good thing as it means they've not got anything to say about our football club!

Very good article, good to hear the players saying good things about AK as well.

Guest CallumRoddy17

Given

Varga Ayala Williams Friend

Adomah Chalobah Leadbitter Ledesma

Emnes

Juke

IMO Hopefully our new loanees dont just walk into the team, we've been doing well and I think to drop anyone would be harsh (possibly with the exception of emnes) and would probably send the wrong message. I think AK did this with omeruo for Blackpool game and i think its the right way to go about it, make them work hard to break into this winning team.

Have both on the bench and give them a chance to impress should the opportunity present itself.

So similar team to Blackpool, possibly switch ledesma inside and bring carayol back in.

Can't see past a boro win (never thought I'd say that) so we'll probably lose..... ;)

Stuff that!!! 3-0 boro. Adomah, Ayala, emnes (finally)

Id say based on the way karanka has been both new boys will be on the bench. Chababaloa cos hes new and omurououro cos we kept a clean sheet last time out

Northern Echo's predicted teams for tomorrow

2823579.jpg

Boro subs: Konstantopoulos, Gibson, Main, Butterfield, Kamara, Woodgate, Chalobah.

Charlton subs: Alnwick (gk), Evina, Dervite, Hughes, Green, Harriott, Pigott.

Prediction: 1-0

The one player missing from the squad which stands out is Emnes anyone know if he's injured or just dropped?

Haven't changed my mind about the team, despite the new signings.

Given, Varga, Ayala, Williams, Friend, Leadbitter, Whitehead, Adomah, Ledesma, Carayol, Jutkiewicz.

It would be harsh to drop any of them in my opinion, apart from Juke that is, but he's better then Main and I still don't want Kamara rushed back.

I think the only change from the starting line up v blackpool is likely to be woody for either ayala or williams

3-1 and the 18th January will forever be know as 'the day of the Juke' ... Ok maybe not. But this is a good opportunity to continue our good form.

• Latest Posts

• The last section is the exact reason Wigan won't win their appeal. The EFL simply refuse to acknowledge that their set of tests is not fit for purpose. They even then mention another case where that was evident (Bury).
    • The owners haven't massively overspent and run the club into the ground. From what I have seen Wigan is/are a fairly well run club in terms of finances (in a football sense anyway). But the owners have literally used the club for some very murky reason. They sold the club to a new owner (a fund) that the old owner was the majority shareholder in. Then immediately installed a new majority shareholder to the fund that now own Wigan. That shareholder bizarrely has no online footprint at all, other than everything related to him owning Wigan. This man then on the exact same day he has acquired the club has placed it in administration. It is that reason that Wigan are appealing the decision. All of the above of course was signed off by the EFL themselves. Which opens a whole new can of worms.
    • https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/   Here is the latest statement by the EFL on the Wigan situation. I agree with a lot of what they say up until they start trying to defend their fit and proper test.
    • Apologies when I said 1/4 of the creditors, I was meaning 25p out of the £. I should have made that clearer. In terms of our situation in 1986 I'm not too well versed with the details (as it was before my time). But I'm pretty sure we were going into Liquidation rather than administration.  I also imagine that the EFL regulations/rules have been updated since 1986.  
    • As far as I can tell it's the only argument that they can even try to make, and even that's weak AF.