Boro V Leicester City (A)

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I don't feel that this is an especially big game.

It's an excellent benchmarker, but it's not going to determine whether we make the play offs or not.

There are much more important games to come against teams around us and the play off spots.It would be nice to keep the momentum going. It's only a big game in the sense that EVERY game is a big game!

I was just about to post the same thing. Like you said, every game is a big game, momentum is ideal but the real big games for us now are against those around us. But I think there won't (or shouldn't) be any angry fans should we come away with nothing. We're not (or, again, shouldn't be) expected to. Though it would be nice, naturally!

BUT if we do win, or even draw, it'll be another massive confidence boost, which is significant and can't be overlooked.

Right this minute I will gladly settle for a good "road point" as I feel it will be a very tight game as often they are against Leicester and if our luck holds like not losing a player or missing a penalty and the pitch is not covered in snow then we can gives The Foxes a very good game.

This could be a game with just a single goal deciding the outcome and maybe just maybe Leicester's winning run will come to an end.

Massive game and one to judge where we stand against the top and middle of the road.

Have no doubt that they will test our defence early and pile pressure on us but they do need to take into account our break away speed and I did read on one of their forums Leicester fans making the same comments. They will fear Carayol and Albert if fit.

Speed and control will be vital

Biggest game of the season DS?

Not the most important so far no SB but a massive one and any point is to be seen as a bonus:)

Wasn't the same fixture last year on TV. I'm sure it was. I also remember a cracking game where the only difference between the two sides was their strikers (Nugent I think) ability to finish. And we lost 1nil. I remember thinking we'll do well the rest of that season as we played really good against a strong team. How wrong I was.

But unfortunately u think the same will happen. To good teams cancelling each other out and it will be decided by one goal to the team that can convert their chances. Which will probably be them.

Leicesters run has to end sometime, they were out played by Leeds, who's tactics were spot on, so this must be the blue print to getting something out of this game. I don't think we have been playing overly well lately but have been winning ugly which is encouraging. Think we could get a point if tactics are correct and we have a bit of luck but i also wouldn't be surprised if we lost 2 or 3 nil if we don't turn up.

Can't see past a boro win here. We are in great form and our defence has really stepped up, so I don't think Leicester will score while we seem to score in every game. 1-0 boro.

Be a proper tough game this, a game that a couple of months ago, despite usually being eternally optimistic regarding all things Boro, I'd of been expecting us to roll over and let Leicester walk all over us. Not anymore though, we look a completely different beast under Karanka.

It's vital that we have Adomah fit for this, I think we didn't look half as dangerous as usual with him not playing against Charlton, and it showed what a huge player he is for us. Hopefully Kei is fit enough to play a good chunk of the game too as I really rate him.

I definitely think we'll score, so I just hope we look as solid as usual too. A win there would be absolutely massive and our confidence would go through the roof. We're definitely more than capable of getting it, but I'm thinking a draw.

What I've gained from reading the leicester forum:

If we go there and attack, they'll win.

If we go there defend and counter attack, they'll win.

If we play 4-2-3-1, they'll win.

Basically, we'll lose no matter what.

Can't see past a boro win here. We are in great form and our defence has really stepped up, so I don't think Leicester will score while we seem to score in every game. 1-0 boro.

Really? I might have said that if we were playing Blackpool at home but we're playing the in form league leaders away from home. Why so confident?