oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

Wasn't the same fixture last year on TV. I'm sure it was. I also remember a cracking game where the only difference between the two sides was their strikers (Nugent I think) ability to finish. And we lost 1nil. I remember thinking we'll do well the rest of that season as we played really good against a strong team. How wrong I was.

But unfortunately u think the same will happen. To good teams cancelling each other out and it will be decided by one goal to the team that can convert their chances. Which will probably be them.

Think it was. Did Marv not miss a pen in the last minute??

We have nothing to fear here we r playing as well as they r!! 2-0 boro UTB

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Wow - amazed at how many posts this thread has got already. Funny what a winning / unbeaten streak can do for forum activity. ;)

Anyway, on to the game. A few people have pointed to Leicester's struggles against Leeds - couple of things about that: first, they were away from home and second, they still got the win. They have home advantage for this game, which will only tilt the balance further in their favour.

Can't see beyond a Leicester win. They don't really do draws (only 3 all season) and have only lost 5 times. With a GD of +20 Boro will probably have to score twice just to get a draw...which I think we'll struggle to do. Form-wise, its true both sides are very similar, but for once I don't think it will count for anything.

Season Record

LEICESTER: W18 D3 L5 F47 A27 Pts 57 Pos 1st

BORO: W9 D9 L8 F41 A33 Pts 36 Pos 9th

Last 6 Games

LEICESTER: W W W W W W

BORO: W W W D W W

Boro Mad stats are somewhat more encouraging (in that they at least give hope for a draw):

Leicester v Boro

Played: 39

Leicester Wins: 17

Draws: 14

Boro Wins: 8

Leicester Goals: 57

Boro Goals: 46

Last Boro win at Leicester: September 17th 2001 (Leicester 1 - 2 Boro).

My Prediction: Leicester 3 - 1 Boro (but would be very happy with a point)

Wow - amazed at how many posts this thread has got already. Funny what a winning / unbeaten streak can do for forum activity. ;)

Spot on AR and really pleased to see it. The Charlton thread had over 600 posts and slowly but surely the match thread activity is creeping up.

Can see this one being a high post count as well.

We are also getting a very healthy number of new members on line who are admitting to being long time lurkers.........all we need is for a few of our older members like Tyler Curtis Dunerezzz etc to come back.

Even Borocoxswain is back posting which is great though I have not see Raf for a while:)

Oh and I sincerely hope a few Foxes fans might participate for certain reasons

Spot on AR and really pleased to see it. The Charlton thread had over 600 posts and slowly but surely the match thread activity is creeping up.

We are also getting a very healthy number of new members on line who are admitting to being long time lurkers.........all we need is for a few of our older members like Tyler Curtis Dunerezzz etc to come back.

Even Borocoxswain is back posting which is great though I have not see Raf for a while:)

I'm on FoxesTalk talking to a couple of them, told them to post on here :cool:

shameless promotion

"BoroWeasel.... your recent run of form could very easily be a false dawn. Your team, though bouyed by Karanka is pretty average to be fair. I'm surprised that Mowbray didn't make it better. In reality, he seemed to take you backwards.

I have little fear about playing you on Saturday and I reckon you'll be impressed with how we are playing. You're coming down to earth with a bump my friend.

3-1 Leicester City "

Well, they're confident!

"BoroWeasel.... your recent run of form could very easily be a false dawn. Your team, though bouyed by Karanka is pretty average to be fair. I'm surprised that Mowbray didn't make it better. In reality, he seemed to take you backwards.

I have little fear about playing you on Saturday and I reckon you'll be impressed with how we are playing. You're coming down to earth with a bump my friend.

3-1 Leicester City "

Well, they're confident!

I hope we win, just for that comment, absolute arrogance!

shameless promotion

Find out how friendly you lot are now shall we lol lol

shameless promotion

Is this blebebebe

3-1 Leicester City "

Well, they're confident!

I hope we win, just for that comment, absolute arrogance!

Please don't think we are all like it cos we are not.

However I do think we will win a very hard fought game 1-0

shameless promotion

Is this ? :D

Lol but rather you had not said that

they have a good right to be confident as they are running away with the league but they arnt giving us the credit we deserve imo. this will be a very different boro to one they have played before. if they are expecting an easy game they will certainly be in for a shock