oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

To either of the Leicester fans, is there a car park near the stadium (besides the stadiums car park)? I don't have a clue where stuff is in Leicester!

Freeman's common industrial estate 5 minute walk away from the stadium, lots of car parks on there £3 there's also a indoor cricket centre that charges £5 to park but you get a pint included that's also on the industrial estate.

I know where I'd park :D

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

To either of the Leicester fans, is there a car park near the stadium (besides the stadiums car park)? I don't have a clue where stuff is in Leicester!

Freeman's common industrial estate 5 minute walk away from the stadium, lots of car parks on there £3 there's also a indoor cricket centre that charges £5 to park but you get a pint included that's also on the industrial estate.

I know where I'd park :D

LE27SQ for your satnav

Difficult one to predict for me. This is our toughest test yet under Karanka, Leicester are flying and on essentially the same run we were in October 2012. They're playing like we were as well, flowing, attacking football. That was the spell where we looked unplayable under Mowbray, then look what happened. Hope they avoid the collapse that we've suffered in the past two seasons. No-one deserves to go through that, it's an awful and embarrassing time as a football fan.

Anyways, we have a poor record against Leicester, I've always hated playing them. Our games are normally closely fought affairs. Been to 4 games over the past couple of years which were the 2-1 loss at the riverside at the beginning of this season, the 2-1 loss at the riverside at the beginning of last season, the 1-0 loss away last January in the abhorrent weather (the only thing more abhorrent being Marv's last minute penalty problems) and the thrilling 3-3 draw in which McManus of all people secured us a point with his 90th minute header! 1 point out of 12 when I've seen us play Leicester is the exact reason I'm not going to this one, not going to curse us when we're on this great run :D!

I think the scoreline this time round will be 2-0 to us, and that's only because I'm an optimist who refuses to predict anything other than a win these days :P. Realistically my head says we should be hoping for a draw, my heart says they're beatable, as is anyone in this league at any point. A lot on foxestalk are under the impression that they're too good to be beaten. They're a formidable side yes, but we can do it. They have their good players, Morgan, Nugent, Schmeichel, Knockaert, but then we have ours in Given, Adomah, Leaditter and Ayala who have all been immense.

If Konchesky is having a game like he did against Leeds, then I can't wait to see him come up against Adomah (please don't be injured!) who is certainly one of the best wingers in the division. Don't think there's any point playing Juke in this one. His main purpose is to hold up the ball and act almost as a physical wall who out-strengths defenders. If he's a wall then that makes Morgan a bulldozer, he's an absolute machine. Think we'd have more luck playing Kei up front who I think would have far better effect as, given his tank-like build, Morgan shouldn't be able to jump as high and win as many headers.

Would like to see the following team out:

--------------------Given----------------------

Omeruo--------Ayala------Williams---------Friend

---------Smallwood---------Chalobah-----------

-------------------Leadbitter-------------------

Adomah---------------------------------Ledesma

--------------------Kamara----------------------

Some controversial choices in there, so I'll explain. i thought Varga looked very uncomfortable against the pacey Charlton winger (forgotten his name). That lad has made no waves in the championship this season, but Leicester's wingers, Dyer and Knockaert, have. Both of them are quick, both of them can be tricky, and both of them would tear Varga apart. Not seen too much of Omeruo, but up against some very skillful players at the Confed cup and ACON he looked very competent and comfortable. Also a bigger physical presence, and if Karanka's done his homework and seen that Leicester don't cope that well when up against more physical sides, he should adapt to this. The rest of the defence I'd play the same as at Charlton, as they were excellent.

Whitehead, whilst not great against Charlton, wasn't woeful, however I'd give him a rest as he looked lethargic and got kicked to pieces by the dirty cockney ***s, thought he'd go off injured at one point. As such I'd replace him with Smallwood who has great energy and when playing really presses the opposition midfielders very hard. In a match against a team who prefer playing when there's a lot of space I think Smallwood is invaluable. Having a midfield trio of Smallwood, Leadbitter and Chalobah (who I'll come onto shortly [no not in that way you filthy minded so and so's]) we'll have a formidable midfield trio who will make Leicester's passing game a lot more difficult. I'd play Chalobah as he is a very similar player to Leadbitter, i.e. box to box, high energy performer. He can help us defensively and also going forwards and can cover a lot of ground in little time. I'd drop Emnes for him as I just don't feel this is his type of game. I wouldn't play chalobah in Emnes' position as he is a holding mid, so that's the reason for changing it from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-2-1.

Adomah is our best attacking player and has scored the most goals for us, and just simply cannot be dropped for any longer than is necessary. I definitely think Carayol is miles more effective when coming on for the final half hour as otherwise he blows out of steam and fades in the second half. I'd play Ledesma over him as he is our most intelligent passer and is very direct. He's always trying to make things happen, and Kei and Adomah have the pace and movement to allow him to unlock defences. I've already been over swapping Kei for Juke.

So yeah... 2-0 to the mighty boro with Adomah and kamara providing the goods.

Few things are definite, but one thing that is, is that if we win this match expectations will soar. A win against the indisputable top team in the league would see us move from dark horses to serious playoff contenders. UTB, now lets get 3 points closer to the promised land of PL football :D!!!

excellent and thourough post MMC, My only concern would be that central midfield 3 could become very static if we are relying on Leadbitter pushing on the break. I also rate smallwood, but this is a massive game, so I'm not convinced about him. I'd consider switching smallsy and leadbitter around then putting ledesma in for smallsy but he'd not track back enough, so maybe a case for butterfield being in that role?

Good shout, but I really do think that given our opponents our best hope will be to apply a very high pressure approach, and I think Smallwood offers enough stamina and pace to do that. He's not the most technically able, but when Smallwood has played, we've looked more comfortable as he doesn't give the opposition a half second to settle. Butterfield is still somewhat of an unknown quantity to us in that no one knows what he's capable of, and also no one knows what he'll produce on the day. Been a bit hot and cold so far for us. Grant has 6 goals and a hatload of assists to his name, he also plays at a very high tempo and can be up the pitch attacking and get back quickly enough to prevent problems in defence. This is a game where we need to be constantly hassling their midfield and I think that central midfield trio are best at that.

Difficult one to predict for me. This is our toughest test yet under Karanka, Leicester are flying and on essentially the same run we were in October 2012. They're playing like we were as well, flowing, attacking football. That was the spell where we looked unplayable under Mowbray, then look what happened. Hope they avoid the collapse that we've suffered in the past two seasons. No-one deserves to go through that, it's an awful and embarrassing time as a football fan.

Anyways, we have a poor record against Leicester, I've always hated playing them. Our games are normally closely fought affairs. Been to 4 games over the past couple of years which were the 2-1 loss at the riverside at the beginning of this season, the 2-1 loss at the riverside at the beginning of last season, the 1-0 loss away last January in the abhorrent weather (the only thing more abhorrent being Marv's last minute penalty problems) and the thrilling 3-3 draw in which McManus of all people secured us a point with his 90th minute header! 1 point out of 12 when I've seen us play Leicester is the exact reason I'm not going to this one, not going to curse us when we're on this great run :D!

I think the scoreline this time round will be 2-0 to us, and that's only because I'm an optimist who refuses to predict anything other than a win these days :P. Realistically my head says we should be hoping for a draw, my heart says they're beatable, as is anyone in this league at any point. A lot on foxestalk are under the impression that they're too good to be beaten. They're a formidable side yes, but we can do it. They have their good players, Morgan, Nugent, Schmeichel, Knockaert, but then we have ours in Given, Adomah, Leaditter and Ayala who have all been immense.

If Konchesky is having a game like he did against Leeds, then I can't wait to see him come up against Adomah (please don't be injured!) who is certainly one of the best wingers in the division. Don't think there's any point playing Juke in this one. His main purpose is to hold up the ball and act almost as a physical wall who out-strengths defenders. If he's a wall then that makes Morgan a bulldozer, he's an absolute machine. Think we'd have more luck playing Kei up front who I think would have far better effect as, given his tank-like build, Morgan shouldn't be able to jump as high and win as many headers.

Some controversial choices in there, so I'll explain. i thought Varga looked very uncomfortable against the pacey Charlton winger (forgotten his name). That lad has made no waves in the championship this season, but Leicester's wingers, Dyer and Knockaert, have. Both of them are quick, both of them can be tricky, and both of them would tear Varga apart. Not seen too much of Omeruo, but up against some very skillful players at the Confed cup and ACON he looked very competent and comfortable. Also a bigger physical presence, and if Karanka's done his homework and seen that Leicester don't cope that well when up against more physical sides, he should adapt to this. The rest of the defence I'd play the same as at Charlton, as they were excellent.

Whitehead, whilst not great against Charlton, wasn't woeful, however I'd give him a rest as he looked lethargic and got kicked to pieces by the dirty cockney ***, thought he'd go off injured at one point. As such I'd replace him with Smallwood who has great energy and when playing really presses the opposition midfielders very hard. In a match against a team who prefer playing when there's a lot of space I think Smallwood is invaluable. Having a midfield trio of Smallwood, Leadbitter and Chalobah (who I'll come onto shortly [no not in that way you filthy minded so and so's]) we'll have a formidable midfield trio who will make Leicester's passing game a lot more difficult. I'd play Chalobah as he is a very similar player to Leadbitter, i.e. box to box, high energy performer. He can help us defensively and also going forwards and can cover a lot of ground in little time. I'd drop Emnes for him as I just don't feel this is his type of game. I wouldn't play chalobah in Emnes' position as he is a holding mid, so that's the reason for changing it from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-2-1.

Adomah is our best attacking player and has scored the most goals for us, and just simply cannot be dropped for any longer than is necessary. I definitely think Carayol is miles more effective when coming on for the final half hour as otherwise he blows out of steam and fades in the second half. I'd play Ledesma over him as he is our most intelligent passer and is very direct. He's always trying to make things happen, and Kei and Adomah have the pace and movement to allow him to unlock defences. I've already been over swapping Kei for Juke.

Few things are definite, but one thing that is, is that if we win this match expectations will soar. A win against the indisputable top team in the league would see us move from dark horses to serious playoff contenders. UTB, now lets get 3 points closer to the promised land of PL football :D!!!

Cracking post and it's difficult to argue with your choices, though I'm sure you'll admit it's a gamble throwing both the new boys in to make their debuts against the current league leaders.

My only other minor gripe is that I tend to think Ledesma plays better on the right, cutting in onto his left foot. Leddy on the right, Adomah on the left doing the same thing? Just a thought.

Anyway, definite plus 1 from me for such an excellent post.

Whitehead, whilst not great against Charlton, wasn't woeful, however I'd give him a rest as he looked lethargic and got kicked to pieces by the dirty cockney ***, thought he'd go off injured at one point. As such I'd replace him with Smallwood who has great energy and when playing really presses the opposition midfielders very hard. In a match against a team who prefer playing when there's a lot of space I think Smallwood is invaluable. Having a midfield trio of Smallwood, Leadbitter and Chalobah (who I'll come onto shortly [no not in that way you filthy minded so and so's]) we'll have a formidable midfield trio who will make Leicester's passing game a lot more difficult. I'd play Chalobah as he is a very similar player to Leadbitter, i.e. box to box, high energy performer. He can help us defensively and also going forwards and can cover a lot of ground in little time. I'd drop Emnes for him as I just don't feel this is his type of game. I wouldn't play chalobah in Emnes' position as he is a holding mid, so that's the reason for changing it from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-2-1.

Good post mate enjoyed reading it. I think he'll probably swap Ledesma and Adomah as he has in recent games. I would keep Varga in the side as I think he has played very well in that last couple if games. The whole defence has to be fair so I would probably keep those intact if Rhys is still here. Would like to see omeruo on the bench though. I agree Chalobah should play with grant but would like to see someone more creative in there too so would give Emnes the nod.

I can see the team that scores first winning this one.

Up the Boro

Thanks for that MidlandsBoro. I definitely agree its a gamble, but then if you want to beat the leaders, you have to take a gamble. I feel it's an appropriate opportunity to blood them both as Varga from my POV had a poor game and Whitehead wasn't much better.

I didn't explain properly why I had Ledesma on the left, and that's because I'd like to see Adomah getting at Konchesky who was awful last match. Adomah's pace and trickery would punish any slip-up he makes. Also would like to see some crosses going in targeting Kei who is the biggest aerial threat we've had in a long time. He's 6 foot 3 inches and can leap like a kangaroo. Think it's a waste to not be putting crosses in for him to get on the end of.

Thanks for that MidlandsBoro. I definitely agree its a gamble, but then if you want to beat the leaders, you have to take a gamble. I feel it's an appropriate opportunity to blood them both as Varga from my POV had a poor game and Whitehead wasn't much better.

I didn't explain properly why I had Ledesma on the left, and that's because I'd like to see Adomah getting at Konchesky who was awful last match. Adomah's pace and trickery would punish any slip-up he makes. Also would like to see some crosses going in targeting Kei who is the biggest aerial threat we've had in a long time. He's 6 foot 3 inches and can leap like a kangaroo. Think it's a waste to not be putting crosses in for him to get on the end of.

Excellent earlier post too, re your match picks and formation. Some nice analysis there.

BBC Tees are crying out for someone like you to be their expert summariser, opposite Ali Brownlee.

Infinitely better than Neil Maddison anyway! ;)

In the last game, but for a great save by Given, Varga was set to be named man of the match. I also thought he and Whitehead were our two best players on the day. I don't think Varga struggled with their winger at all and had the pace to keep up with him and pretty much nullified any threat for much of the game.

Whitehead broke up play time and time again and put his body on the line and while in possession he made a few slip ups I still think he was one of our best players.

Smallwood looked lost and disinterested against Charlton when he came on so I'd be surprised if he got a start unless he has trained well this week, but I always fear for Smallwood if the opposition has pace because his positioning is often poor and he doesn't have the pace to keep up once a player has passed him.

If we're going for 3 central midfielders then I'd go Leadbitter, Whitehead and Chalobah.

It's an interesting one with Ledesma because I don't think we've ever really seen him play games on the left where you'd expect him to go outside and whip the ball in instead of coming inside and floating it in like he does on the right. I also agree that Adomah is best on the right to be able to put balls into the box.

Going to be an interesting game that's for sure!