Boro V Leicester City (A)

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I half expect Rhysy to still be here for this one, and think AK might bring in Omerou, switch Williams to Rb to replace Varga, and bring Adomah back in to replace either Ledesma or Emnes, preferably Emnes, with Ledesma switching to a more central role. Also Kamara to replace main.

I predicted a 2-2 in the "next 5" thread but I'm gonna go wit my heart and go for a 2-1 boro win! UTB.

I'm predicting a very respectable 1-1, with Kamara finding the net against the run of play after 30 minutes, before Leicester respond on the hour mark with an equaliser. We'll then hang-on, ruing a couple of counter attack near misses.

Karanka's running a proper meritocracy, so the back four could well keep their places. Or perhaps Varga will make way for Williams, with Woodgate dropping in alongside Ayala for a bit of extra experience? Or could Omeruo be a straight swap for Varga? It's nice to have selection problems of the good kind for once. I can't remember when it last happened.

Tough opposition could merit a strong middle three - maybe Aitor will give Chalobah his first outing as we set-up for the counter:

--------------------Given----------------------

Varga--------Ayala------Williams---------Friend

---------Whitehead---------Chalobah-----------

-------------------Leadbitter-------------------

Adomah---------------------------------Ledesma

--------------------Kamara----------------------

With Carayol replacing the industrious Ledesma after 60 minutes to stretch tiring legs. And big Juke to give Kamara a rest after 70 minutes.

The results shown below are not significant now, but it does take away some of the fear factor knowing that the League leaders are there to be had on an off day. Here's their form early last month:

Leicester 1-1 Burnley, Sat 14 Dec

Brighton 3-1 Leicester, Sat 7 Dec

Sheff Wed 2-1 Leicester, Tue 3 Dec

We've got goals in the team, a confident defence and the pressure is on them - we might even steal a sneaky win - looking forward to this one big time!

UTB!

I'll be there, apologies if it's already been asked but how many are coming down do you know?

I read somewhere it was only in the region of 500-odd, whereas for Doncaster its closer to 2000! Are we expecting a small turn out for some reason?

Doncaster is closer and cheaper!

Leicester has more travel costs and less chance of a result! 700 not bad taking! How many did they bring to us?

I'm loving the £13 a ticket, not too muchh petrol money either sitting at 70 on the a1 won't cost much at all