oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

If people are doing the donny game, I'll have 3 free seats and will welcome the company. Get in touch with me if you're north east based and want a free ride there!

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

If people are doing the donny game, I'll have 3 free seats and will welcome the company. Get in touch with me if you're north east based and want a free ride there!

I'm totally down for this.

This is why we need a car share thread!

Leicester fan here. With due respect to your side, there's an awful lot of imo overconfidence on this board. We are looking a very strong team all over the pitch at the minute. The reason we looked poor at the back against Leeds was Konchesky at left back, and he is a player who will bounce back to his usual solidity very quickly. We only looked poor going forward because of the awful pitch quality at Elland Road. It didn't allow us to play our natural passing game, but the surface at the KP is top notch. Appreciate you're an in form team, but so are we and we are top of the league for a reason. Our pace is bound to cause issues and in Mahrez we have a player nobody knows how to counter yet as he is yet to be seen although apparently he looked quality in the U21s the other day. Think it will be a tough first few minutes but going for 3-0 Leicester, think we'll drag your lads back down to earth very rapidly.

Leicester fan here. With due respect to your side, there's an awful lot of imo overconfidence on this board. We are looking a very strong team all over the pitch at the minute. The reason we looked poor at the back against Leeds was Konchesky at left back, and he is a player who will bounce back to his usual solidity very quickly. We only looked poor going forward because of the awful pitch quality at Elland Road. It didn't allow us to play our natural passing game, but the surface at the KP is top notch. Appreciate you're an in form team, but so are we and we are top of the league for a reason. Our pace is bound to cause issues and in Mahrez we have a player nobody knows how to counter yet as he is yet to be seen although apparently he looked quality in the U21s the other day. Think it will be a tough first few minutes but going for 3-0 Leicester, think we'll drag your lads back down to earth very rapidly.

And this, children, is the very definition of irony.

I hope we smash yous now.

I don't think there's any over confidence here really. Everyone readily admits that you're going to be a real struggle.

Everyone admits a point would be a fantastic result.

The thing is, if we play well we CAN cause you problems. We have won 5 of our last 6 and kept 5 clean sheets in that time as well. We haven't even played particularly well. I think even if you win 3-0 is a bold guess.

A question for the Leicester posters. How is Schmeichel dealing with long range dipping shots that bounce just in front of him?. As Ledesma has a habit of beating keepers like that so I wouldn't be surprised if he cracks another in on Saturday.

Neither Chalobah or Omeruo are in the squad tomorrow, I'm a bit disappointed with that. I thought this would have been the perfect opportunity for them to play.

Neither Chalobah or Omeruo are in the squad tomorrow, I'm a bit disappointed with that. I thought this would have been the perfect opportunity for them to play.

Our defensive have been playing well recently so I can understand omeruos exclusion, but with Smallwood gone I would have thought chalobah would have been good to have on the bench, so I'm a little disappointed with that. However, AK clearly thinks that they are lacking something before they are ready for first team football. Perhaps they need to gel a bit more with the squad I training before they are blooded in, and that approach is certainly made easier with our current form.

Our defensive have been playing well recently so I can understand omeruos exclusion, but with Smallwood gone I would have thought chalobah would have been good to have on the bench, so I'm a little disappointed with that. However, AK clearly thinks that they are lacking something before they are ready for first team football. Perhaps they need to gel a bit more with the squad I training before they are blooded in, and that approach is certainly made easier with our current form.

Yes if you read the posts from 99% of people on here we all know it's going to be a tough game also our biggest challenge under Karanka. But you can't take nothing away from us, breath of fresh air under Karanka. Very well organised & not conceding to say you'll 'bring us back down to earth & win 3-0' is ridiculous and disrespectful. The pitch at the KP is good which will allow US to play our passing game to, it will also allow Adomah to torture Konchesky.

Prediction :- 1-0 Boro we don't concede :P

I agree play them both wish we could get Ake aswell and becchio, Doyle, graham, vossen, le fondre- if we could get 2 would be a bonus( I'd get becchio and le fondre) and why sell Williams for next to nothing got offered 5 in summer should of took it I'd keep onto him always liked him he's a good player but emnes needs to book his ideas up otherwise hell be playing for a non league side when he gets the ball he doesn't have a clue and he's slow now and not bothered!