oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

I agree play them both wish we could get Ake aswell and becchio, Doyle, graham, vossen, le fondre- if we could get 2 would be a bonus( I'd get becchio and le fondre) and why sell Williams for next to nothing got offered 5 in summer should of took it I'd keep onto him always liked him he's a good player but emnes needs to book his ideas up otherwise hell be playing for a non league side when he gets the ball he doesn't have a clue and he's slow now and not bothered!

Welcome to the forum JS are you a long time lurker or an old member signing up again?

I like Marmite so I like Marvin;)

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I agree play them both wish we could get Ake aswell and becchio, Doyle, graham, vossen, le fondre- if we could get 2 would be a bonus( I'd get becchio and le fondre) and why sell Williams for next to nothing got offered 5 in summer should of took it I'd keep onto him always liked him he's a good player but emnes needs to book his ideas up otherwise hell be playing for a non league side when he gets the ball he doesn't have a clue and he's slow now and not bothered!

Disagree with you mate, Marvin's work ethic is much improved this season and he's much more willing to track back and close people down. So many people are on Marv's back for nothing, he's still a good performer for us compared to some of the other players. He's hardly slow either, he's still got pace and trickery, only problem with Marv is his finishing.

I totally agree, weasel, Marvin is still an important part of our system and could hardly be described as slow. He's streets ahead of anyone else that can play in that position. As for the rumours of Omerou and Chalobah not being in the squad, I would take that with a pinch of salt, especially seeing as we haven't tied up Ayala yet.

Disagree with you mate, Marvin's work ethic is much improved this season and he's much more willing to track back and close people down. So many people are on Marv's back for nothing, he's still a good performer for us compared to some of the other players. He's hardly slow either, he's still got pace and trickery, only problem with Marv is his finishing.

I agree with Weasel too on Emnes.

Due to various developments on the loan front over the last couple of days, and the fact that we haven't signed Ayala and the 2 Chelsea lads aren't in the squad, I assume AK will go with this line-up.

-------------------Given----------------------

Varga--------Woodgate------Williams---------Friend

---------Whitehead---------Leadbitter-----------

-------------------Emnes-------------------

Adomah---------------------------------Ledesma

--------------------Kamara----------------------

Bench - Dimi, Gibson, Carayol, Butterfield, Juke, Main, Parnaby.

I'm not sure he has many other options.

hopefully we can get a draw out of this one.

Think the unsettling of the back 4 over the past week or so, what with Williams suspected departure and Ayala's permanent transfer all a bit up in the air, I think this is a worry. Gibson/Woodgate whilst two solid/reliable performers this season, will they not lack a bit of match sharpness with Williams/Ayala being the preferred partnership over the last few games?

Somewhat perturbed.....

hearing on fmttm that given might be injured, would be a disaster!

karanka said he would keep picking rhys despite transfer speculation so we should try to keep the same back 4 if ayala is back, if not I wonder if he will play woody and rhys at CB with how poor they were together at the start of the season

same team if we can with adomah in for carayol

I think Carayols pace on the counter may persuade Karanka to plump for him over Ledesma, although Ledesma is starting to add more of a defensive side to his game which won't harm his chances.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Karanka opt for Ledesma to try and neautralise the threat from Knockaert down the right in the first half, then maybe, if we go into the last 30 minutes all square then he may throw Carayol on to get at De Laet. Although De Laet is rapid and arguably one of the best right backs in the league.

Going to be interesting tomorrow, I personally think we are in with a massive shout if we can keep it level till the last 20-25 minutes and try and nick a late one, it's going to be smash and grab if we get out of there with the full 3 points.

An interesting battle tomorrow will be Whitehead/Leadbitter vs Drinkwater/James, I think if Whitehead/Leadbitter get in there faces early doors, few crunchers, there young/inexperienced side may come to the fore, giving us a psychological edge in the middle of the park, if they stand off and let them play and bring the wingers into play, we could struggle.

Leicester fan here. With due respect to your side, there's an awful lot of imo overconfidence on this board. We are looking a very strong team all over the pitch at the minute. The reason we looked poor at the back against Leeds was Konchesky at left back, and he is a player who will bounce back to his usual solidity very quickly. We only looked poor going forward because of the awful pitch quality at Elland Road. It didn't allow us to play our natural passing game, but the surface at the KP is top notch. Appreciate you're an in form team, but so are we and we are top of the league for a reason. Our pace is bound to cause issues and in Mahrez we have a player nobody knows how to counter yet as he is yet to be seen although apparently he looked quality in the U21s the other day. Think it will be a tough first few minutes but going for 3-0 Leicester, think we'll drag your lads back down to earth very rapidly.

Brilliantly

Emotive

Looking

Litery piece.

Emotionally

Narrated

Dialog.

That's all I have to say in this piece :s

Leicester fan in peace

Honestly think this is going to be a close game tomorrow, two in form teams, and to be honest I've always been impressed with your lot when you've been down to the KP, Emnes in particular always looks a threat, always seems to play well against us as well.

Our teams probably going to line up something like

Nugent - Vardy

Dyer - James - Drinkwater - Knockaert

Konchesky - Moore - Morgan - De Laet

Schmeichel

Bench - Hammond, King, Logan, Mahrez, Wasilewski, Phillips, Wood

Players you guys need to watch out for are :-

Dyer - Currently on the best form he's had since joining the club

Drinkwater - Won championship player of the month recently, much improved from last season

Knockaert - Full of tricks and a match winner imo

Vardy - Serious pace up front, and has started putting his chances away

Mahrez - Probably going to be on the bench due to lack of game time, but just joined us from Le Havre and looks like another tricky player we may bring on later in the game if we need a goal, along with Kevin Phillips. Scored a great volley for the reserves the other night too.

I expect it to be a pretty close game, we've won six on the bounce for the first time since 1993, and your currently playing pretty well and getting results. Definitely be goals in this one. Looking forward to it :)