Boro V Leicester City (A)

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Leicester fan here. With due respect to your side, there's an awful lot of imo overconfidence on this board. We are looking a very strong team all over the pitch at the minute. The reason we looked poor at the back against Leeds was Konchesky at left back, and he is a player who will bounce back to his usual solidity very quickly. We only looked poor going forward because of the awful pitch quality at Elland Road. It didn't allow us to play our natural passing game, but the surface at the KP is top notch. Appreciate you're an in form team, but so are we and we are top of the league for a reason. Our pace is bound to cause issues and in Mahrez we have a player nobody knows how to counter yet as he is yet to be seen although apparently he looked quality in the U21s the other day. Think it will be a tough first few minutes but going for 3-0 Leicester, think we'll drag your lads back down to earth very rapidly.

+1 to Uwe :D

WRITTEN

AND

NARRATED

KNOWLEDGEABLY

ERUDITELY

RELEVANTLY

Leicester fan in peace

Honestly think this is going to be a close game tomorrow, two in form teams, and to be honest I've always been impressed with your lot when you've been down to the KP, Emnes in particular always looks a threat, always seems to play well against us as well.

Our teams probably going to line up something like

Nugent - Vardy

Dyer - James - Drinkwater - Knockaert

Konchesky - Moore - Morgan - De Laet

Schmeichel

Bench - Hammond, King, Logan, Mahrez, Wasilewski, Phillips, Wood

Players you guys need to watch out for are :-

Dyer - Currently on the best form he's had since joining the club

Drinkwater - Won championship player of the month recently, much improved from last season

Knockaert - Full of tricks and a match winner imo

Vardy - Serious pace up front, and has started putting his chances away

Mahrez - Probably going to be on the bench due to lack of game time, but just joined us from Le Havre and looks like another tricky player we may bring on later in the game if we need a goal, along with Kevin Phillips. Scored a great volley for the reserves the other night too.

I expect it to be a pretty close game, we've won six on the bounce for the first time since 1993, and your currently playing pretty well and getting results. Definitely be goals in this one. Looking forward to it :)

Welcome to the forum and good first post :)

We're entirely unsure how we're going to line up, there's transfer bedlam at the minute and conflicting newspaper reports. In an ideal scenario, we'd line up as such (IMO):

-------------------Given--------------------

Varga--------Ayala-----Williams-------Friend

--------Leadbitter----------Whitehead-------

--------------------Emnes------------------

Adomah------------------------------Ledesma

---------------------Kamara-----------------

bench: Dimitrios Konstantopoulos (what a name!), Gibson, Carayol, Jutkiewicz, Chalobah, Main, Woody/Williams.

Northern Echo claims Chalobah and Omeruo aren't in the squad, and technically we don't have ayala anymore. According to the Northern Echo, Ayala is digging his heels in but a fee is agreed, according to the evening gazette, wages are agreed but Norwich are digging their heels in. Someone else is claiming Given may be out injured and also we've loaned out several of our fringe players from our academy. Alongside that, Adomah was sidelined at the weekend with n injury so I have no clue what the actual team will be... But anyways :p

Our key threat is Adomah. He beats players with his pace and skill for fun. He has a good shot and is generally a good passer and crosser of the ball who works tirelessly for the team. He always tracks back. In addition, Ledesma has been in the goals recently with 3 in 6. He's another tricky player who isn't fast, but accelerates very well in short bursts. He has a penchant for going for the spectacular and has a cracking left foot and the 3 goals he has scored in our recent games have all been from 25 yards plus. He's a much more direct player who will try to get his head up and instantly make a pass. Whilst most of the time this is very useful for us, it means sometimes he can try to force moves and waste possession. Carayol is another player who has scored a fair few goals. We'll likely bring him on in the second half to test tired legs, as his pace can be lethal. Lastly, Kei Kamara whilst not as much of a goalscoring threat, is very much an aerial threat. He's 6 foot 3 and jumps like no one I've ever seen. I'm not sure who normally partners Morgan, but given Morgan's build, I doubt he's a player with much of a leap on him. Also if we play Juke up front, expect Morgan to rip him a new hole. Juke's only thing to his game is his strength and his strength isn't even comparable to Morgan's.

Our defence has been solid with 5 clean sheets in our last 6 matches. Given has also played a pivotal role in this.

Best of luck for the rest of the season after Saturday. You should secure promotion. I'm going for a 2-0 boro win, but that's just because I refuse to ever bet against my team winning :p

For those not going to Leicester tomorrow Soccer Saturday (Sky sports news) will be featuring the Leicester v Boro game in the studio along with Blackpool v Doncaster, Ipswich v Reading and Blackburn v Derby

Alan McInally is in charge of Leicester v Boro

Matt Le Tissier is watching Blackpool v Doncaster

Paul Merson will be watching Ipswich v Reading

And finally Charlie Nicholas will be watching Blackburn v Derby

Boro and Leicester teams for tomorrow according to the northern Echo, it was obviously done before Ayala signed as he's not even on the bench

2834808.jpg

Leicester subs: Logan (gk), Wasilewski, Hammond, King, Mahrez, Phillips, Wood.

Boro subs: Konstantopoulos (gk), Gibson, Hines, Butterfield, Ledesma, Main, Jutkiewicz.

Prediction: 1-0 to Leicester