oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

It sounds like your typical 'we didnt take our chances on top and they did' sort of game... With Juke up top it was always going to be the case in my opinion

I just think we will miss out (just) due to us not taking chances and Leicester being clinical. In games like these against the big boys we need strikers to be clinical, with Juke not scoring, im struggling to see a win..

:dodgy:

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

just seen the first goal, SHOCKING mistake by the ref but... ayalas inexperience really showed with that, he should have put it out for a corner if he wasnt sure where their striker was. really hope it doesnt knock the lads confidence though. he has been fantastic the last few months

Ayala done nothing wrong, experience counts for nothing when referee's miss blatently obvious things. At the end of the day he decided to shepard it out for a goal kick, and he done so successfully, the referee/liner are 100% at fault

just seen the first goal, SHOCKING mistake by the ref but... ayalas inexperience really showed with that, he should have put it out for a corner if he wasnt sure where their striker was. really hope it doesnt knock the lads confidence though. he has been fantastic the last few months

Ayala done nothing wrong, experience counts for nothing when referee's miss blatently obvious things. At the end of the day he decided to shepard it out for a goal kick, and he done so successfully, the referee/liner are 100% at fault

Agree with AdamP.

Leicester fans view, thought first half was very even you probably edged it, 2nd half we were the better side I felt and deserved the win.

You will make the play offs I believe good luck for the rest of the season

Leicester fans view, thought first half was very even you probably edged it, 2nd half we were the better side I felt and deserved the win.

I only had it on the radio but it sounds like we were totally robbed, sky sports backed this up with the first goal, would have fancied us to on and get at least a point without that, conditions clearly didnt help either team though

good luck for the rest of the season, i have no doubt you will be in the prem next season :)

Don't know about anyone else, but I find it pleasing to hear such positive comments from an opponents point of view! Speaks volumes of how far we've come in recent times IMO, hope we can pick ourselves up from this and kick on for a play off place!

Good to be back on here! Have had some problems logging in for last 3 weeks ! Nearly gave up.

Todays game though Refereeing decison was a shocker and should have ruled out the opening goal but...

What on earth was Ayala doing to even allow Nugent the chance too even get the ball! We should never have found our selves in the position where we were relying on a Ref to make a correct call! Im very glad we signed Ayala as recent weeks he has been very strong and commanding, but once again has shown he is so prone to an error or a mistake at the back.

Havent seen the free kick leading to the second goal but apparently he lost his head and tried too stick one on Vardy when he didnt need too , although that being said apparently it was just a shoulder to shoulder.

P.S Hope Holly is cooking in a pan somewhere

Was at the game today, these are my thoughts.

We were best team first half in difficult conditions. First to everything and won most 50/50's. Should have been ahead but didn't when we were on top. Some dodgy referees decisions, he was largely influenced by crowd.

Second half started well but tailed off especially after conceding the goal that shouldn't have been. Ayala and a few started to make mistakes and then Leicester upped the anti and finished us off when we became tired. Kamara looked badly off the pace when he came on, needs match sharpness and fitness.

Other observations. Juke is not good enough. He is void of confidence and didn't Link anything or pose any threat to Leicester. Headless chicken into blind alleys when he turned around and ran at Leicester. Varga was ok but by the end if the game was skinned time and again. Ayala made some poor decisions. Friend kept on letting the ball bounce and letting it Run last him. That caused us problems. Rolls Rhys was solid and did well. Dean and Grant were good. Ledesma was poor. Albert ran hard for not much and Carayol had a good game looked dangerous but couldn't maintain it and was tired towards end of the game.

Overall they were better but we didn't get any decisions or luck.

Looking outward to signing a striker who can help the team out. Think we are a good side with a bit of tinkering.

Oh and Shay was great. He is clearly helping the defence. I hope Jason Steele is taking notes and learning how to improve himself. There is no question he is probably the difference between our improvement defensively.

what a sack of *** honestly the 10 players infront of shay given dont even deserve to be on the same pitch as him always let down by the same usual shower who are not good enough

REALLY. Ive just got back from the game and either your on a wind up or you didnt watch listen or have any contact with this game atall