oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

opinionn?

what opinion tells you that ball was in?

Look at the picture I posted... the ball is in play. We need to stop licking our wounds and move on from it.

I'll post a vine on here in a bit to end this once and for all.

Its blatantly not in play

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

opinionn?

what opinion tells you that ball was in?

Look at the picture I posted... the ball is in play. We need to stop licking our wounds and move on from it.

I'll post a vine on here in a bit to end this once and for all.

Its blatantly not in play

Look at the thread I just made, then think about it.

OK, we are all going to have an opinion on that incident - At the end of the day, its one incident and as I've seen someone post, seasons are generally not won or lost on one incident. What surprised me is the effect it had on your confidence, or was that spirit - It just seemed that heads went down and the game was lost.

Now of course I don't see enough of you guys to make a sweeping comment, but is that a common occurrence - Is that something your coaching team need to work on, or was that just a natural reaction in very cold conditions in a game that up to that point you certainly looked like getting something from it

I think there was a sense of hopelessness. The officials were very much not in our favour. Takes the wind out of your sails a bit when for 50 minutes you've been the team more on top, then the officials make a very controversial decision. Add to that that we're the away team, so you start winning and with 25,000 or so Leicester fans roaring the team on, it's bound to knock morale. Ayala and Williams seemed to panic and be trying too hard to atone for an error which they didn't make, as evidenced by the penalty and the free kick (which was apparently shoulder to shoulder but I've not seen it). From that decision onwards we got dommed by you guys. It may not have changed the course of the season so much, but it certainly changed the course of that match.

On another note, I hope you guys have done us a favour. If we'd gotten a result, it would have patched over the fact that our strikers performed terribly and if we are to go for a playoff push, we need to recruit a good one this January. Fingers crossed it does, as a better finisher would have put away both of juke's big chances.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. You guys who've come across here seem like an honest, genuine, pleasant bunch.

Well I can't disagree with your view of the officials, we did seem to be the beneficiary of some homer decisions (although with respect I've watched the was it/was it not incident and am more convinced it wasn't over the line) - Its very refreshing to completely (nearly) agree with each other over how the match went

I think Omeruo will be starting the next game now that the run is over.

The next game against Doncaster is huge, we need to bounce back

Where do you expect him to play & for who?

I think CB and I think it will be Rhys that is dropped

OK, we are all going to have an opinion on that incident - At the end of the day, its one incident and as I've seen someone post, seasons are generally not won or lost on one incident. What surprised me is the effect it had on your confidence, or was that spirit - It just seemed that heads went down and the game was lost.

Now of course I don't see enough of you guys to make a sweeping comment, but is that a common occurrence - Is that something your coaching team need to work on, or was that just a natural reaction in very cold conditions in a game that up to that point you certainly looked like getting something from it

I think there was a sense of hopelessness. The officials were very much not in our favour. Takes the wind out of your sails a bit when for 50 minutes you've been the team more on top, then the officials make a very controversial decision. Add to that that we're the away team, so you start winning and with 25,000 or so Leicester fans roaring the team on, it's bound to knock morale. Ayala and Williams seemed to panic and be trying too hard to atone for an error which they didn't make, as evidenced by the penalty and the free kick (which was apparently shoulder to shoulder but I've not seen it). From that decision onwards we got dommed by you guys. It may not have changed the course of the season so much, but it certainly changed the course of that match.

On another note, I hope you guys have done us a favour. If we'd gotten a result, it would have patched over the fact that our strikers performed terribly and if we are to go for a playoff push, we need to recruit a good one this January. Fingers crossed it does, as a better finisher would have put away both of juke's big chances.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. You guys who've come across here seem like an honest, genuine, pleasant bunch.

Well I can't disagree with your view of the officials, we did seem to be the beneficiary of some homer decisions (although with respect I've watched the was it/was it not incident and am more convinced it wasn't over the line) - Its very refreshing to completely (nearly) agree with each other over how the match went

I think the best thing that can be said about the was it/ wasn't it incident is that no-ones opinions on it matter except the match officials'. We've benefited from contentious decisions at some time in the past and we will again at some point in the future. Luck evens out eventually.

I'd be happy to see you guys go up more than any of the top 6 teams simply because of the Pearson link. He's a good guy who was a great player for us and looks like he's a great manager for you. Have to admire that he tries to get you playing football the right way and with success.

Also random question, do you guys see yourselves signing anyone this window? Also could Moore's injury be a blessing in disguise to prevent Fulham from taking him away from you?

I think the best thing that can be said about the was it/ wasn't it incident is that no-ones opinions on it matter except the match officials'. We've benefited from contentious decisions at some time in the past and we will again at some point in the future. Luck evens out eventually.

I'd be happy to see you guys go up more than any of the top 6 teams simply because of the Pearson link. He's a good guy who was a great player for us and looks like he's a great manager for you. Have to admire that he tries to get you playing football the right way and with success.

Also random question, do you guys see yourselves signing anyone this window? Also could Moore's injury be a blessing in disguise to prevent Fulham from taking him away from you?

Thanks for the kind words, would like to see you guys making back to.

We have already signed two players this window Riyad Mahrez an unknown from Le Harve - A highly rated French Albanian who made his debut yesterday and Matt Phillips a 40 year old game changer who could be the difference in games where we are struggling with 25 - 30 to go - We won't be signing anyone else.

Moore is not for sale, simple as - We have wealthy owners and he is a player that we need if we are to have any chance of going up - A few million now against potential millions upon millions - Its not a deal we want to do, besides he may even play Tuesday night

We have already signed two players this window Riyad Mahrez an unknown from Le Harve - A highly rated French Albanian who made his debut yesterday and Matt Phillips a 40 year old game changer who could be the difference in games where we are struggling with 25 - 30 to go - We won't be signing anyone else.

Moore is not for sale, simple as - We have wealthy owners and he is a player that we need if we are to have any chance of going up - A few million now against potential millions upon millions - Its not a deal we want to do, besides he may even play Tuesday night

Do you not mean Kevin? ;)

Do you not mean Kevin? ;)

Ha ha ha - How embarrassing - Yes of course - Matt Phillips is a guy at work - Sorry

Who isn't 40 - Sorry Matt and Kevin

I hear that Matt Philips on loan, isn't out of the question, Danger Fox. I'm not too familiar with him, can he finish? Is he a team player?

The one I had in mind can certainly finish a beer and yes, I'd say he's a team player - He always meets deadlines

Just watched the clip a couple of times. Have to say its difficult to tell, but my first instinct was that it wasn't over.

Similar to the given save last week, the angle just doesn't show it well enough to do it justice, a shot from closer to the byline would be better.

But even if another angle was conclusive, the vessel containing lactations has already been upended, and it would be illogical to cry over it :)

Billy, I don't know if we're on the same wave length - But the Phillips I was originally thinking of has a 100% strike rate - I've never seen him leave a pint