oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City (A)

My take on the game

A really strange one ,met up with the boro south guys a really good bunch and id rekomend anyone to get in touch if your going to a game down south

Nice weather until 5 mins before KO when the heavens opened and hail came down and advertising boards took off and flew across the pitch a few came in late bob mortimer a*** them and looked like drowned rats

The pitch was awash in the leicester half but ok in ours , carayol looked on fire but anyone whos played on a pitch like knows what its like to run past the ball as its caught in the water

If wed kicked the other way first half i think we would have tore them to pieces ,

We had 5-6 chances and took none but without the water wed have had 20

Felt really confident at the start of the second half as we had the good half of the pitch , but the combination of frantic pitchforking and the rain stopping meant both halves were playable

Even so we tore them apart for 10 minutes and created numerous chances then they got that goal , shouldnt have stood but ayala should have put it in row Z

From then on we were second best ,

Our passing was off and we looked beaten

Player scores

Given 7 great penalty save but didnt have a great deal else to do

Friend 7 defended well

Ayala apart from a couple of lapses solid 7

Williams looked a class act then gives away the penalty 7

Varga. Not for me , solid most of the time but would rather welt the ball into row Z than pass it , and gets skinned now and again 5

Carayol. First half 9 second 7

Adomah caused problems and worked hard 7

Leadbitter 8 made everything tick

Whitehead. First half 7 second 4

Ledesma i dont think he did as bad as some caused problems first half but caught the crap bug second 7

Juke. Hes really lost his. Confidence wont take the shot wants an extra touch every time to try and geta better position he works hard but doesnt look like ever scoring 5

Chalaboa looks an easy player moves the ball well and although only 15 mins looks promising

Kamara caught jukeitus couldnt pass the ball to save his life

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Not on to gloat.

Was not at the game but spoke to my lad.

Quick sum up.

Ruined by the weather lucky first goal but we just deserved it.

He said you were one of the better sides he has seen and he is a ST holder.

Anyway 8pts clear ty onwards for us and pressure really is on QPR and Burnley.

As for you good luck and hope you make the play offs.

You will have my support.

Hoping you shaft the sheep and fell the trees.

I am not counting chickens but if we manage it would love it for you lot to join us.

And if we fvck up as long as it is not at our expense be nice to see you make it.

Not on to gloat.

Quick sum up.

I am not counting chickens but if we manage it would love it for you lot to join us.

And if we fvck up as long as it is not at our expense be nice to see you make it.

Interesting that your lad thinks you deserved to go ahead.

before that it seemed a pretty unanimous decision that we were on top.

No he said lucky first goal but though we just deserved the win.

Sorry was summing up in short and see where your coming from.

As he said you were about the best side we have seen at the KP this season.

Probably difficult to argue with that. The lucky goal certainly had a massive impact on the game and it gave you the momentum that perhaps you didn't have before, but every team gets a bit of luck now and again and Leicester did very well to capitalise. There's no doubt that the last half hour or so Leicester completely dominated.

Ohh, ok. In that case I probably agree. :)

Not on to gloat.

Quick sum up.

I'm not so sure. I think if we did what you guys did last season (get in the playoffs on the last day and then perform well in the semis) then I will be happy with that. I think we are very much still looking ahead to next season. Anything that happens this season is a huge bonus. Its all about building upon the foundations that Mowbray left us with. Overall our team is decent but we are just lacking confidence in certain areas.

Also credit for the board at Leicester for sticking with Pearson. I have to say Leicester are a bit like Cardiff last season, not hugely spectacular but very efficient. It would take an almighty *** up for you to blow this one - so I think all things considered you probably will be in the Premier League next season.

Also I might be wrong on this, but I don't think we've ever won at your new ground. Mind you, we never won at Filbert Street either. I seem to remember us getting stuffed there in about 94 right at the end of the Lennie Lawrence era. God that game was ***e.

I admire the post match interview from Karanka he did not make an issue of the first goal but rather dealt with the way the team reacted to it as well as mentioning about missed chances during the first half.

If something positive results then so be it and perhaps we will not have to bemoan our luck after this.

Fair play to Leicester was always going to be tough but we move on,

As you can see, I'm a Leicester fan, apologies if I'm not welcome. I don't normally register on other teams boards, in fact its my first time in doing so - I just wanted to post my thoughts.

Well done to the significant away support, its a lengthy journey in what turned out to be terrible conditions - What is it about Boro coming to Leicester and upsetting the local eco system, The snow (was it last year or the year before, my memory's going) limited the crowd to 8,000 I couldn't get there! - There were over 26,000 there yesterday

The weather yesterday affected both halves, but more significantly the first and made for a dull first half. Boro coped much better with the conditions, the ball was holding up in puddles of water and we wondered if the game was going to continue, but we felt it was only a matter of time before you took advantage - You looked like the home team in control of the game. Obviously the final ball was lacking, but we are hard to score against.

Furious work by the ground staff and a bit of help from him above saw much better conditions for the 2nd half and after a bright first 5 minutes from you guys we started to show the quality of football we've played of late and with respect, there was only going to be one winner after that, we aren't clear top by chance. We were in the section to your left hand side so didn't have a view over whether the ball went out for a goal kick for our first, that said we all agreed we thought it did.

The penalty we thought was a nailed on and I note a few comments raising the number of penalties we've received this season - I agree the fact we've had so many makes us look a team of divers, but that's how we've won them - OK we're probably drawing them, but that's down to the opposition to do the research and not get drawn into the trap - At the end Given pulled off a terrific save from a poor penalty - If the penalty is good enough its unstoppable.

The 2nd in my opinion was just deserts for the quality of football - I accept other opinions are available.

Hope your guys got back ok - Great bunch of supporters as shown by this thread and the fans I know - We met up with a thoroughly decent bloke before the match in the pub - Good luck for the rest of the season and for what its worth you look a quality side and I believe you'll make the play-off's

Thanks Danger Fox views always welcome here!

You have a good hard working team that unless something attrocious happens should be promoted end of season.

Just hope you get the results against the teams we are trying to catch up if we are to achieve a play off spot