oneBoro Forum
cornishboroboy

Boro V Leicester City (A)

Guest Danger fox

Ha ha nice one

Guest ktfox59

hello. lcfc st holder in peace.

Was inspired to sign in after reading dangerfoxs post of which tbh I agree whole heartedly with most.

1st. well done to the fans u brought along to support ur team. you were in fine voice. did u proud.

next. I was impressed by boro. on a better surface 1st half we may have bn in a lot of trouble. silky mf and pacey wingers. but v lightweight up front.

yes 1st goal debateable but once u went behind heads and spirit went a little. but still v attractive footy but little end product.

a great forum. prob fairest and most sporting ive read. and good luck for rest of season. hopefully u will make it to play offs then who knows.

cheers.

Haha even our opposition can tell after 90 mins how useless Juke is! Cheers for your views :)

hello. lcfc st holder in peace.

Was inspired to sign in after reading dangerfoxs post of which tbh I agree whole heartedly with most.

1st. well done to the fans u brought along to support ur team. you were in fine voice. did u proud.

next. I was impressed by boro. on a better surface 1st half we may have bn in a lot of trouble. silky mf and pacey wingers. but v lightweight up front.

yes 1st goal debateable but once u went behind heads and spirit went a little. but still v attractive footy but little end product.

a great forum. prob fairest and most sporting ive read. and good luck for rest of season. hopefully u will make it to play offs then who knows.

cheers.

Welcome ktfox!

Nice to see another view from the opposition. Glad to see that it's not just ourselves who have noted that a good striker is a much needed addition to the squad!

Not many of us were expecting a result away which is why it was so crushing to see how well we were doing up until the first goal and then just see things kind of fall apart. Once you were 1-0 up at home and our players' heads had dropped, there was only going to be one result.

As I said to DangerFox, I hope you guys win it this year as of the 3 teams who are really in contention for the title, I hate QPR as they have essentially just tried to buy their way to success and Harry Redknapp is a very dislikable person, I don't like Burnley as their fans are full of it and they seem to think they're gods' gift to football when in fact they're a hoofball team who are eternally in Blackburn's shadow momentarily grabbing a moment of glory by massively overachieving and then there's you guys who play good footy and are managed by an ex-boro great. Captained us to 2 promotions and 3 cup finals, always had the makings of a manager. Think autos are all but guaranteed for you as I can see Burnley dropping off the pace a lot.

Hoping we can clamber to a 4th or 5th finish. Wouldn't be opposed to us not getting promotion this year, recruiting and strengthening over summer and then really try to power ourselves up next season. If we sign a good striker this January, then who knows what will happen. Best of luck for the rest of the season, with a bit of luck we might be able to play you again next season ;)

It is evident after watching yesterdays game that he has no confidence at all! He was afraid to shoot!

Also Carayol by far was our biggest threat, but I put that down to Albert not quite being 100% fit, and Ledesma having a bad day. Kei also didn't do much when he came on, and his first touch was pretty poor but he is coming back from injury and the conditions were poor.

Just highlights our need for a striker who can convert our chances!

• Latest Posts

• As if people still think Venus signed Ayala 
    • Colchester  v  Bradford. D Crawley  v  Morecambe. H Exeter  v  Cheltenham. A Forest Green  v  Plymouth. H Grimsby  v  Newport. D L/Orient  v  Scunthorpe. (Wright) H Macclesfield  v  Mansfield. D Northampton  v  Crewe. A Port Vale  v  Carlisle. H Salford  v  Swindon. A .......... Stevenage  v  Oldham. A Walsall  v  Cambridge. H
    • This day 15th November 1994 - Boro's young guns go down to Ancona in this Anglo-Italian compatition Boro took the lead after 10 minutes then struggled to impose themselves on the game, the youth in the team v experience they were facing proved too much in the end, with Ancona levelling on the hour mark & scoring 2 late goals in the 80th & 90th to put the game beyond Boro 
    • Thing is, we almost certainly will offer him less money. And I don't think based on what he's said that he'd outright deny just less than what he's on. But tackling the wage bill would appear to need more movement than that and actually, a significantly less wage. I wouldn't expect him to stay on those terms. I'd say if the club really cares about wanting to keep him around, they need to approach it carefully, even if they are going to low-ball him to begin with, don't be a *** about it and expect him to say yes to anything because of a commitment to the club. Have a high boundary that you can't go beyond, work up to it and if his representatives think he should say no to our highest offer then we leave it at that and on good terms. No taking the ***, no expecting him to be accepting a pittance for his services on the back of the club as a whole's mistakes, something much bigger than Ayala's responsibility at this club. Most importantly for me, we have to accept the likelihood he leaves and hopefully wish him all the best if he does. I think he's been a great servant for us and I hope, unlike Derby, we treat him as professionally as he's treated being a player for this club.
    • This day 1966 - Boro flashback Swansea 4 Boro 4 After our previous league away game at Mansfield Town which finsihed 5-4 to the Boro the crowd were entertained to another high scoring fixture All goals came from the same scorers as in the mansfield game,  John O'Rourke, his 11th goal of the season, Derek Downing's 4th goal of the season & John Hickton with his 3rd goal of the campaign   Willie Whigham - 3 clean sheets out of 7 games hes played Neville Chapman - 3rd game of the season & 1st for 12 games Geoff Butler - Wore 3 different shirt numbers so far, 2, 3 & 12 Billy Horner Dicky Rooks  Gordon Jones Derek Chapman Arthur Horsefield John O'Rourke John Hickton - Legend big John wore 3 shirt Nos so far 2, 5 & 10 Derek Downing