oneBoro Forum

u21 v Man U

The details of this have been done to death by the various Man U sites and the Boro official site and the Gazette and Mail. You'll all know that it was a 0 - 0 draw. I don't think I could call it a bore draw.

I was there early to avoid the traffic and hence had the pleasure of Wilf Zaha arriving in his Maserat'i along with a couple of his mates. What a cracking noise that engine makes even just drifting along driving the wrong way up the out road. Had I Clarksons talent I could give you an orgasmic description of the noise. I haven't but if any one wants me try one out for them I'm happy to do so. I don't care what it does I just want to drive around listening to it.

Once I read the incorrect team sheets I thought these guys are going to give us a hiding. It's only a few weeks ago since I watched City do precisely that at Hyde.

Considering the names on show it was interesting to find that most are mere mortals and some of them are not even very good as footballers. As the Premiership are finding, just because it says Man U on the box it ain't necessarily brilliant. We've been linked with a few of them Macheda for example who was nothing to write home about. Will Keane doesn't know the off-side laws - there's the world of difference between living on the edge and being permanently off-side. It's not rocket science. The goalie who plays in the same age group England side as the Keenes and Chalobah almost allowed Brad Fewster knick the ball off his toe end by dilly dallying over a kick out.

However how did the Boro lads do

RIPLEY - As he played little for Bradford I'd assumed he'd have gained little. Wrong ! His positional sense seemed to be much better as the Man U guys headed and shot into his arms on several occasions

HALLIDAY - this is the ginger one Bradley. He made Macheda's life difficult in the first half and in the second he had a bit more space and was able to get forward.

BENNETT - He's only a wee lad but he played well again even on his wrong side

KIERON W - Not as tall as one would like for a centre back but he did get there and clear the ball

BURN - Again not too tall but he played well too As a group they had to remember it was 0 - 0

WATERS - Quiet well behaved and he seemed to be the man picking up the ball and passing it out of defence every time

DOLAN - clearly benefited form his time at 'pools. He's a competative midfielder who can pass a bit. too often inclined to pass backwards for my liking but he looks after the ball well

BROBBELL - His defensive game has come on leaps and bounds since he's been at York. He looks after the ball well too but was rarely given the space out of the right wing to attack frequently. We needed a second bank of 4 behind he ball and he certainly played his part

JONES - showed all his clever touches but he can run into blank alleys and lose the ball. He's slowly getting better at the defensive side of his game and becoming a more rounded player.

PARK - What do you say about Cammy. He's brilliant one minute and disastrous the next. Probably the most likely player to score and certainly an enormous first half. In the second it didn't quite work and he ended up complaining to his team mates and was somewhat petulant on his substitution.

FEWSTER - Head down grafter who on another day could also have scored.

MotM - Can you give that to all 11. They certainly all deserve praise and a lot of it

subs

MORRIS - does what Bryn does and does it well

KITCHING - tall lanky lad with a big long stride that allows him to cover a lot of ground but a good header too. I've a feeling that he's a year or two younger than the rest keep an eye out for the lad

KNEESHAW - a bit of pace and a worry for the Man U defence. I'm fairly sure he was whacked by one of their lads in front of the linesman. Appealed loudly whilst their guy rolled about to try and avoid a caution

a note to end Jacko has not played for a week or two which was a bit of a surprise. He's rumoured to have a broken leg with some ankle damage. Not nice get well soon Adam