Boro V Wigan Athletic

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

At least Josh McEachran won't have a wonder game against us (As old players often seem to do) :D

"Josh McEachran's Wigan debut, meanwhile, will not come against old club.

Boss Uwe Rosler says the on-loan Chelsea midfielder, who spent all of last season with Boro, is still a couple of weeks away from being ready to make his bow and McEachran has been assigned a training programme to help assist him."

Is the afore mentioned "training programme" a diet of pies and ice cream to beef him up a bit?

This will be a very nervy game. Our good run ended at Leicester and we desperately don't want to lose two on the bounce. A win will be very important as Wigan are competitors for the play offs and we have to keep the pressure on te top-6. I still think it will be a 1-1 draw and both teams will be satisfied they they haven't lost two in a row.

I'm taking a draw on my accumulator tonight, so it will be either Middlesbrough or Wigan to come away with the 3 points tonight.

Think it will be a fairly even game between two even sides. Home advantage should play a part though as we're on a good run at home, and I think we'll win 2-1. Adomah and Kamara back a***st the goals.

Hope I'm completely wrong and we smash them 4-0 though :D

I think Cholabah is more likely to start over Whitehead due to his mobility. I believe he is also the type of player that would help us fire out of the starting blocks, being more attacking minded than Dean. I would have thought Dean may replace him if we take the lead and need to hold the game in the later stages. Shoot me down if I'm wrong!

I read somewhere earlier in the week that Wigan had only sold 92 tickets for tonight's game. That is so poor for a club that was only in the Premier League last year.

I remember going to Grimsby/Hartlepool in the Grimsby end in the JPT about 4 years ago at Hartlepool and Grimsby took 88 fans that night, you practically had a chat with everyone there. Wonder how much Wigan will actually bring tonight....