Boro V Wigan Athletic

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Juke gone. Emnes left three years ago. Emnes plays for Emnes not Boro.

(even GS2 recognised that) Main has potential but needs time and/or, heres a novel idea, a striker that he can learn his trade from.

Gibson, we need at least one striker to ensure a top ten finish. Find the money. Karanka is not a Southgate or Mowbray he is astute and will have options, he will abandon a floundering ship.

Kenyon. Mendes, Athetico Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea. Why not add Mr Abramovich to the list of interested parties. They mean nothing. the paying supporters do, all 13,000 of them.

But wait don't panic. we have an excellent team on paper and the opportunity to rebuild next year for a promotion push. I wonder if Mr Abramovitch will stump up a few million?

No, I have not been drinking. Neither am I a football expert like some of you. So I am probably wrong.

Juke gone. Emnes left three years ago. Emnes plays for Emnes not Boro.

(even GS2 recognised that) Main has potential but needs time and/or, heres a novel idea, a striker that he can learn his trade from.

Gibson, we need at least one striker to ensure a top ten finish. Find the money. Karanka is not a Southgate or Mowbray he is astute and will have options, he will abandon a floundering ship.

Kenyon. Mendes, Athetico Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea. Why not add Mr Abramovich to the list of interested parties. They mean nothing. the paying supporters do, all 13,000 of them.

But wait don't panic. we have an excellent team on paper and the opportunity to rebuild next year for a promotion push. I wonder if Mr Abramovitch will stump up a few million?

No, I have not been drinking. Neither am I a football expert like some of you. So I am probably wrong.

What has Abramovich got to do with Middlesbrough Football Club?

If anyone says dean whitehead had a good game today, i am going to be completely baffled. Chalobah has to start next game for me. Whitehead has been god awful the last 2 home games. Ill probably get shot down saying we kept a clean sheet so as a defensive player he did his job, but he was absolutely shocking. Worst player on the park by a landslide

We will bring a striker in, I'm sure of it. It would be insanity not to. And I'm confident it'll be a good one. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a great one instead.

If anyone says dean whitehead had a good game today, i am going to be completely baffled. Chalobah has to start next game for me. Whitehead has been god awful the last 2 home games. Ill probably get shot down saying we kept a clean sheet so as a defensive player he did his job, but he was absolutely shocking. Worst player on the park by a landslide

Whitehead was my man of the match today. He put in more effort than every other Boro player on the pitch combined and was involved in every challenge to break up their play. While everyone else was ball watching, he was running himself into the ground trying to win back the ball and so yes he had a bloody good game.

My only complaint with him is that there's always a dodgy pass in there. He just seems to lose concentration from time to time but if any midfielder should lose out to Chalobah is Leadbitter who had a pretty indifferent game to be honest. That said I don't think he was that bad either, just not up to the standard he can be.

The game itself was completely devoid of quality and the quicker we bring in a striker the better. Main ran around a lot and showed a lot of desire but if the quality isn't there the no amount of hard work is going to make up for it.

2 good chances both scuffed. It's ruining our chance of winning games. When you play games like this where there are few chances, you can win them if you have a finisher. Time and time again the ball just kept coming back because neither Main nor Emnes could hold onto it for longer than a few seconds. Our football was shocking. Wigan played some decent stuff at times but our players couldn't get rid of the ball quick enough.

Still, few months back and we'd have lost that game so I guess it is progress.

Just got back from Goals to the news that we could only manage a drab 0-0 draw. Disappointing. The gap between ourselves is now 7 points. Apparently Main missed a glorious opportunity from 8 yards? I don't believe this, why do our strikers never do themselves justice!! We need firepower in and we need it quick!

Just got back from the game with MMC, we spent half of the time complaining about Curtis Main and being cold :3

Here's my player ratings anyway

Given - 8 - Did nothing wrong, made a really great reflex save

Friend - 9 - MOTM for me, was great defensively and only let McClean past once, made some important tackles.

Ayala - 7.5 - Good game from him, passes could of been a bit better.

Gibson - 7 - Was good when he came on, can't fault him.

Varga - 6.5 - Did enough, but got beat a couple of times

Leadbitter - 6.5 - Average game, set piece delivery was terrible and didn't really stand out, made some nice tackles though.

Deano - 6 - Made some decent tackles again but did a lot of risky passes and didn't offer too much.

Carayol - 7.5 - Probably the biggest threat going forward, worked hard and was unlucky not to score.

Ledesma - 7 - Another decent game, worked hard and looked to be the only one to try killer balls

Emnes - 6.5 - Decent game, had some good link up play

Main - 5.5 - Some may disagree but he was so frustrating to watch, won barely any headers and only positive was his work rate (but we could just sign Doyle if we wanted that) missed a great chance when Carayol pulled it back.

Just got back from the game with MMC, we spent half of the time complaining about Curtis Main and being cold :3

Here's my player ratings anyway

Given - 8 - Did nothing wrong, made a really great reflex save

Friend - 9 - MOTM for me, was great defensively and only let McClean past once, made some important tackles.

Ayala - 7.5 - Good game from him, passes could of been a bit better.

Gibson - 7 - Was good when he came on, can't fault him.

Varga - 6.5 - Did enough, but got beat a couple of times

Leadbitter - 6.5 - Average game, set piece delivery was terrible and didn't really stand out, made some nice tackles though.

Deano - 6 - Made some decent tackles again but did a lot of risky passes and didn't offer too much.

Carayol - 7.5 - Probably the biggest threat going forward, worked hard and was unlucky not to score.

Ledesma - 7 - Another decent game, worked hard and looked to be the only one to try killer balls

Emnes - 6.5 - Decent game, had some good link up play

Main - 5.5 - Some may disagree but he was so frustrating to watch, won barely any headers and only positive was his work rate (but we could just sign Doyle if we wanted that) missed a great chance when Carayol pulled it back.

Agree totally about main, struggled to do just about anything, positionally he needs a lot of work as well. Should have scored with his chance but made a mess of it and at times his touch is similar to that of a brick wall.

Thought as a team we made to many poor decisions and were far to slow and lethargic in doing most things

There's a #7 that plays for Boro ladies, Kenzie Parks, we should bring her into the first team! Quality player and stunningly gorgeous!!!

For those that thought I had an axe to grind regarding varga, for the record he played really well tonight, massive improvement from the Charlton match, mom between whitehead and Ayala for me, Ayala is a captain in the making, constantly giving orders across the back 4, even to Williams in first half.