boro-unger

Boro V Wigan Athletic

any body having troubles with listening to the match VIA boro +

Any radio streams?

you got any streams yet?

No but doesn't sound like I'm missing much

Ayala and Carayol both with decent chances, deflected out for a corner, cleared

Guest unclegrimley

When Ali Brownlee responds to the comment "maybe Boro are growing in to the game" with "Let's hope so" you know things aren't looking good.

This has a scrappy 1-0 written all over it

Exactly what i was just thinking, hopefully to us...

Rhys Williams has sounded error free today

Don't tempt fate, it isn't even half time yet

Guest robbieboro82

1-0 will do me, move us up to 7th as it stands!!

• Latest Posts

• How bad do people think it would need to get for Woodgate's job to be called into question? I can easily see us losing away to Barnsley then losing two more on the bounce to Leeds and Forest. We would be teetering on the edge of the bottom 3, if not in it.  Would then be the time to roll the dice on a Warnock type keeping us up? Or will Gibson trudge on no matter how bad things get? I have a really nasty feeling we will ditch Woody once we're cut adrift from safety and it'll be too late for anyone else to change anything. 
    • I'm not ITK in any way, but I think the aim is to ensure MFC can survive long-term without reliance on Sky money. I guess we took that for granted in the PL days, and the last decade has shown how thin the gruel really is when your highlights appear on Quest rather than the BBC. Steve Gibson's antipathy towards agents has been documented in the past, so he probably hated pouring millions into empty vessels like Guzan and Barragan while we were in the PL. I'd imagine his current vision is for us to become a Southampton-style club, keeping afloat by selling the cream of its home-grown talent to bigger clubs, and building on the Teesside sense of us-vs-the-world to forge a strong connection between players, management, club and fans. There's only so many times you can bet the family silver on incompetents like Monk and Strachan and their here-today-gone-tomorrow mercenaries. Unfortunately, Gibson has lost touch with modern football, and what it takes to be competitive. He lucked out with Karanka, but appointing Woodgate was the latest in a string of fundamentally bad decisions he's made post-Aitor, including (but not limited to) thinking Steve Agnew was the answer to staying in the PL. Woodgate isn't up to the job, but who among us would say "no thanks, Mr Gibson, I'm not sufficiently qualified for this position at present?" We'd bite his bloody arm off to do what Woody is attempting to do. I think there was a masterplan before this season started - more than we've seen since Aitor arrived. But it's failed. Gibson either isn't ready to admit that, or still believes a relegation dogfight is the bitter medicine we have to swallow to become the club I described two paragraphs earlier. Tragically, if we'd appointed a DoF five years ago, we'd probably already be there. It would be interesting to see Gibson's level of interest in MFC if we end up down with the dead men in League One. Let's hope he pulls a Venables-style rabbit out of the hat before we get to that point.
    • I’m sure that it was a club decision, that makes it seem even dafter. There are factions in dressing rooms at every club, that’s just human nature, you get on with the people that you have most in common with.    Anyway, it really didn’t work did it?
    • I honestly think the main goal is too become self sufficient... of course promotion but I think the days of Gibson spending exuberant amounts of ££ are long gone.. short term aim is to ensure we are in this league next season whilst continuing to reduce the wage bill. Medium Term Aim is to create an team of youngsters with a spine of experience and hope we can improve as a team. Do I think SG has lost interest... No is my honest opinion... have we made awful decisions... yes without doubt.. allowing Bevington to take control of transfers in the summer was by far our worse move... set us back more than  just Woody. Was woody on a hiding to nothing... Yes he is a local lad being hung out to dry , I know we all criticise him etc but how many of you would of taken the job of managing your home town club.. no brainer for him , only a tenth of what Jokanovic plus his staff wanted. Really wish we got a DoF in place and was told that's what Woody wanted as well. With regards to the PR the club are spouting that's just Natural. Season ticket sales etc are the main aim now. We dont sell many then the club can say we didnt have the funds to sign anyone in summer.  Am I confident in Woody... not really , would I love to see him succeed? Without a doubt. He needs to find a settled 11 for the remainder of the season and stick with it though. Only way we grind it out in my opinion.
    • A Barnsley v Boro (Fletcher) H Birmingham v Sheff Wed A Bristol City v WBA  H Charlton v Luton D Leeds v Reading H Forest v QPR H PNE v Hull D Stoke v Cardiff H Swansea v Huddersfield H Wigan v Millwall