oneBoro Forum

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could really do with a striker & a playmaker, but I would still rather get nobody than overpaid panic buys. Its all about building for next season, and the best business will be done in the summer

We could really do with a striker & a playmaker, but I would still rather get nobody than overpaid panic buys. Its all about building for next season, and the best business will be done in the summer

Can't afford to scrap this season already though

• Latest Posts

• start your own thread. 
    • I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis Wing's loan at Sheff Wed was cancelled and he ended up at another club. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-player-moore-snub-22850581 "Wing is one of six loan players on the Owls' books. English Football League rules stipulate only five can be named in a matchday squad. Although Moore has no qualms with carrying lots of loans, the likelihood is Wednesday will sign at least one more before the January deadline. Talks are ongoing with Arsenal over borrowing striker Tyreece John-Jules for the remainder of the campaign. There are big question marks surrounding Wing and Lewis Gibson's futures. Neither Wing nor Gibson have fulfilled their potential for various reasons. Three defeats from the last four matches has derailed the Owls' promotion push and Moore must quickly decide on the make-up of his loan contingent. Their season could hinge on the decision."
    • I get where you're coming from but it was hardly Roberto Di Matteo winning the Champions League though, was it? You can respect the way he came in for sure but I think it's important to acknowledge the difficulty of the task that he had when he came in, it wasn't overwhelming and he had a good group of players to work with.
    • I wouldn't describe Onel as deadwood personally. The only reason he left is exactly because the manager and style of play changed. I also think there's a very good chance we would have got him with or without Scott as I believe he is widely believed to be the player Warnock said he'd "take in a heartbeat" when potential transfers were being discussed.
    • Hospitality at the JCA is, indeed, very good. I've got a Scots mate who keeps threatening to take me to a Utrecht game. Must do it one of these days.