oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Doncaster (A)

Traveled up from Norwich forth game against wigan (to add to the frustration) and doing it again to Doncaster on Saturday. Hope to see a new striker by then and reckon we will have this 2-0

You still have not said if you are fully recovered after the road traffic accident you were involved with:)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have no wish to cast nasturtiums on Derpcaster Rovers, the two sides' respective form over the season, does suggest this should be an easy 3 points for the Hamsters.

The only flies in the ointment are that the hosts are on a mini-run of 3 games unbeaten, in which they beat Charlton (okay, no big deal) and also managed a 3-0 win against Wigan...something Boro were singularly unable to achieve. More worryingly, Boro have been unable to find the net in their last 2 games and are currently without any strikers worthy of the name...unless Kei Kamara is available.

If Doncaster scouts were taking notes at our match against Wigan, Boro could be in for another torrid time.

Of course, if we're going by stats alone, things look a lot rosier. The hosts have averaged less than a goal per game and share the 3rd worst defensive record with Bolton and Barnsley.

DONCASTER: W7 D7 L14 F26 A44 Pts 28 Pos 19th

BORO: W9 D10 L9 F41 A35 Pts 37 Pos 10th

Last 6 Games

DONCASTER: D L L W D W

BORO: W D W W L D

If Doncaster don't nullify our attacking midfielders, we could make hay. If they take a Wigan or Leicester type of approach, we may count ourselves lucky to come away from the Keepstoat with a point.

My Prediction: Doncaster 0 - 2 Boro (hoping our attack can rediscover its mojo)

I'll be there, getting train from Leeds. Not sure what time I'll be there, depends how hanging I am from Friday.

I'd be game for a pint or two after the game, just drop me a PM so I know what's going on.

It's funny seeing the Doncaster fans getting their knickers in a twist over what is clearly a bit of a laugh.

I think weasel deserves paying for this... Apparently he's written their pre match team talk :P

It's funny seeing the Doncaster fans getting their knickers in a twist over what is clearly a bit of a laugh.

I think weasel deserves paying for this... Apparently he's written their pre match team talk :P

Has anyone else noticed that forum charges £12 a year to join?

Evening Smoggies!

Donny fan in peace here. Three quick points. First one I thought the opening post was very funny and those Rovers fans who whinge about it obviously need a sense of humour transplant.

Second, I hope we win more than most Rovers fans on Saturday because my Father-in-law is a Boro fan, from Skelton, and we've lost against you lot that many times over last few years I can't bear his smug grin any more!

Third point, and a bit of a serious one this, the Viking Supporters Co-operative (independent Donny supporters trust) is raising money for the LJS Foundation (http://www.ljsfoundation.org.uk/).

As some of you may know, Billy Sharp lost his two day old son to Gastroschisis just a few days before Doncaster played Boro at the Keepmoat two seasons ago. He played that match, and scored a great opening goal (

), although Boro went on to win. We will be doing a bucket collection in your stand at half-time, and all donations would be greatly received.

Thanks for listening.

Up the Rovers! :D