oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Doncaster (A)

How many clean sheets is that now for Given? I can guarantee we will start conceding sloppy goals and we will plummet down the table once Jason Steele is back.

We'll that's a good positive confidence booster for our young keeper who is obviously highly rated in this country by highly qualified coaches.

Shall we therefore all not bother going once the Leeds match is out the way!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

How many clean sheets is that now for Given? I can guarantee we will start conceding sloppy goals and we will plummet down the table once Jason Steele is back.

How?

Because he's prone to making errors on a regular basis, okay he can pull off some sublime saves but then he goes and makes howlers. The defence do not look certain when he plays.

Give the lad a chance, he hasn't played a full game under Karanka yet.

How?

Because he's prone to making errors on a regular basis, okay he can pull off some sublime saves but then he goes and makes howlers. The defence do not look certain when he plays.

give it a rest kidda you are doing my head in, have you tried FMTTM;)

Still say its worrying when we can't beat a side as poor on the day as they were. If there isn't an improvement fairly soon we can kiss any hope of the play-offs goodbye.

Personally I'm not overly bothered, but I know quite few folks on here are / were harbouring hopes... :D

AR...

I writ off this season at midnight last night.

We ain't got no chance of getting into the playoffs now and what's more I believe it is all down to Gibson not having the courage to spend a few bob in the January window. Say what you will about the fat fella up the road Mr Ashley but he does know when to gamble, thats why Newcastle are in the PL and we are always gonna be a championship club.

Never mind theres always next season..:D

How?

I can't remember the last time he made a howler, definitely not this season. The defence didn't look certain for the first few games with given, the improvement in the defence is more to do with Karanka and his training techniques as opposed to shay given somehow inspiring them all the play better.

Still say its worrying when we can't beat a side as poor on the day as they were. If there isn't an improvement fairly soon we can kiss any hope of the play-offs goodbye.

Personally I'm not overly bothered, but I know quite few folks on here are / were harbouring hopes... :D

AR...

We ain't got no chance of getting into the playoffs now and what's more I believe it is all down to Gibson not having the courage to spend a few bob in the January window. Say what you will about the fat fella up the road Mr Ashley but he does know when to gamble, thats why Newcastle are in the PL and we are always gonna be a championship club.

Come on how much more money do you expect him to throw at the club??

Disappointing point tbh. We're starting to slip down the table again despite being very hard to break down. If only we'd been this hard to beat in the first half of the season!

In other news, only spurs are ruining me in my away accy...

They let me down as well. If them and mk dons had won, id have got about £800 :(

AR...

Come on how much more money do you expect him to throw at the club??

Got to agree with paph here, he's agreed to pay all of Danny Graham's wages for the rest of the season and agreed a deal in principle for Lee Tomlin for £1.5million. We have to spend within our means, it is a rule now Gibson has no choice but to run the club within FFP no matter what the fans want.

Id like to know who you would've actually liked us to sign yesterday?

Some people seriously need to calm down. 2 months ago they had us as almost certain relegation candidates, due to us leaking far too many goals. Then, after a good month of results they think we're pushing for promotion via the play-Offs. Now, cos we don't score 3 games in a row & only pick up 2 points we're heading back to relegation status & the chairman needs to throw money at every club & it's players to get who we want. Yes, maybe we should have gone to Donny and won, but it's takes time to build a promotion winning team. Karanka has just taken over as manager in his first job. He's done well with the players he inherited, but we are still far from being promotion candidates. We still need the players to find a consistent level of performance & they're still getting use to Karanka's ways and each other. A top 10 finish this season should be seen as progression.

going on the last x amount of seasons we are going to need at least 70 points for top 6, So before today's game we had to win at least 10 out of 18 games that in my opinion is to much to ask.I think its all about next season..AK uses this season to get his points across to all the players that will be here next season and in the summer Gibbo gives him the funds to bring in his own players and I think next season we should have a right good go for the top 6.AK knows what he is doing and I think he will do a great job next season.

Gah. Maddo really can't see anything past repeatedly saying "put two strikers up front, two wingers and put the ball in the box". Idiot!

Seems like Maddo is still stuck 10 years ago when 442 was actually effective.