oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Doncaster (A)

*** game brown had the only real chance of game. And its our 3rd clean sheet in a row at home so dont worry lol

What about the chance main hit at the keeper from 4 yards, or the shot from carayol that narrowly went wide, oh and the Kamara shot in the last minute the skimmed the post, let's not forget about them ;)

Best part of the day was meeting up with MMC, Weasel, BIF, Jamesp and Borodan. only planned for a quick drink but ended up staying for over two hours.

Kamara hit the post with that effort? Thought it just went wide.

Made a typo, meant to say skimmed past the post, whoops.

Was going to say, sure it didn't. The disappointing thing about the whole game was that we rarely tested their keeper. Had nothing to cheer about all game. Liked the fact we booed the Doncaster keep thinking it was Turnbull :D.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

just in from the game, was going to have a massive main rant but im sure its already been done

solid at the back as usual, could have played to next week and still not scored, conditions didnt help either team, far too windy to play any proper football.

not gonna bother doing match ratings because we were stood at pretty much pitch level so i dont know who was who for the second half lol

leadbitter MOM impressed with omeruo too

great away support, biggest following in the country, not bad for a small town in yorkshire ey ;)

also was great to meet a fair few off the forum today

the highlight of the game for me was when the flare was set off and everybody started bouncing when the ball was kicked out of the stadium!

On the game itself..the two Chelsea boys look like absolute quality, strong, athletic and technical...i'm not sure which one I was more impressed with.

Butterfield was poor, i think he was trying to do too much. he dwelled on the ball too much and eventually would become crowded out.

Ayala, Friend and Gibson - solid, Ayala nearly injured himself doing something daft but apart from that, fine.

MOTM for me was Carayol... he absolutely tore their RB apart every time...I lost count at the amount of times Muzzy beat him, he was superb...he made the wrong decisions a few times with the final ball. He looked like PL quality yesterday.

Graham looked a bit out of shape to me...

Curtis...I appreciate the effort, but im not sure if he is Championship level

Out of interest, how does one get selected to do a match day thread?

LukeR has explained it well but as we do not have a full quoram of originators, like previous seasons we have welcomed the opportunity to introduce a new originator.

BDS will be putting up the Blackburn thread but you may have your first go once his, hopefully, run ceases.

I will send you a pm about it MPG and who knows maybe we will get some miles per gallon out of you:)

LukeR has explained it well but as we do not have a full quoram of originators, like previous seasons we have welcomed the opportunity to introduce a new originator.

BDS will be putting up the Blackburn thread but you may have your first go once his, hopefully, run ceases.

I will send you a pm about it MPG and who knows maybe we will get some miles per gallon out of you:)

Pssst, he's not called ManPearGig ;)

Poor performance, poor conditions, poor view (2nd row behind the goal).

The stand out part of the match for me was when we sang 'Mavin give us a wave' to the poor steward who was spitting dabs of Emnes. He must have felt famous, people were getting photos with him and shaking his hand, what a lad.

Oh yeah and meeting up with the forum lads was also good, great bunch of guys and will definitely be looking to meet up another time!

Poor performance, poor conditions, poor view (2nd row behind the goal).

The stand out part of the match for me was when we sang 'Mavin give us a wave' to the poor steward who was spitting dabs of Emnes. He must have felt famous, people were getting photos with him and shaking his hand, what a lad.

Oh yeah and meeting up with the forum lads was also good, great bunch of guys and will definitely be looking to meet up another time!

Haha I got a picture of Marvin. How do you post images from your iPhone?

There seems to be loads on here putting 2 and 2 together and getting a hundred

Like weve loads of clean sheets with given so when given goes well start conceding- the clean sheet yesterday had nothing to do with given he had nothing to do i could have played and kept a clean sheet

Gibson was fantastic and will be the new john terry in a couple of yrs

We didnt score ,adohma didnt play therefore we are a one man team- yes we did miss him but carayol caused loads of problems but yesterdaywe just had a real lack of movement

We created nothing therefore leadbitter creates nothing- i thought he was by far our best player yesterday any small attacking glimpses came from him. And maddo was right , he did drive the team on but apart from carayol he was the only one. Typically he had one run. He won the ball on our 18 yd box beat a player held off another drove forward and reached there 18 yd box and had to shoot as during the whole run no one moved to take a pass

As for graham. He looked a bit off the pace. But hes not drogba Hes going to be slightly better than main and juke with his back to goal. The main difference is give all 3 10 chances and main and juke score 1 graham should get 5-6

Pssst, he's not called ManPearGig ;)

I've been to a ManPear gig...great live band! :D