oneBoro Forum

Talk a***st yourselves whilst I get this bad boy ready.

I'm disgustingly hungover.

*Witty joke about a chicken*

[align=center]

Middlesbrough F.C VS Blackburn Rovers F.C[/align]

Here it is sports fans. Two former Premier League heavyweights coming together in an important clash. One former Premier League winner against a former UEFA Cup finalist. Arguably two of the biggest teams in the Championship coming up against one another. Edge of the seat stuff.

I've tried to dress it up, its Us vs Them. Is Rhodes going to ruin us? Or will Graham galvanise us?

We've learnt how to not concede goals, but now we've forgotten how to score. We're like the kid at school that just keeps misbehaving and needs constant supervision.

Let's take a look at the opposition.

[video=youtube]

It looks delightful doesn't it...

Did you know it takes just 1 hour 15 minutes to get to Manchester from Blackburn on the train, incredible stuff.

Anyway, that's enough about them. Let's talk about us.

THE BORO

We're the best team in the world.

We're just letting others have a chance at the moment.

Erimus.

Infant Hercules.

Messiah has returned.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Enjoy the game lads and ladies. Talking points are the same old things, potential line-ups, score predictions, attendances etc.

Some questions for you though,

At the cinema, which arm rest is yours?

What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?

Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?

And finally, If you had a time machine where and when would you go?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first game of the season, first game I've been to since Bolton last October. Haven't been to see a defeat since Hasselbaink and co were playing, so let's hope that run continues

In response to this question....

LA7OXTD.jpg

:D

In response to the rest of the thread, can see it being a tough game. Before this run of 3 without scoring I'd have taken a draw but I think we need a win now to get us back on track.

Hopefully we can get Graham 90 mins up front because Main is useless. I'd also take Butterfield out, I like the guy but I'd love to see Adomah/Ledesma & Carayol out wide with Kamara (if he's fully fit) playing in the secondary striker/attacking midfield role.

I'd leave the rest of the team unchanged as the back 5 are obviously performing, and Leadbitter and Chalobah had good games at Donny by all accounts.

Boro to scrape a 1-0 win in my eyes.

What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?

Right armrest

Simple. You have white rhino steak with salad ;)

Yes, they do. As shown above

Hmm, 5 years into the future when Aitor wins us the champions league

Is Tomlin still banned for this i think he will bring something different to the team ....tough game 2.1 boro

He's got 2 more games now, first game he's available for is Leeds at home I believe.

I reckon every football expert on here had written Ledesma off as hopeless. (Go on, admit it, you know you had) Now he is an integral part of the team. Curtis Main needs time and opportunity and he will come good. A perfect strike partner for Graham (Graham will provide him with the ammunition and room for manoeuvre that Juke and Emnes couldn't) in my view, but then I'm not a football expert. Fingers crossed.

Critical that adomah is fit. The difference between a draw and a win i think. Graham hopefully will start, butterfield dropped, main dropped.

Graham

Carayol ledesma adomah

Leadbitter chalobah

Friend gibson ayala omerou

Given

Prediction 2-0 boro: chalobah and carayol

Both arm rests, and all the popcorn. Don't need to be a gentleman when you're married!!!

I don't care enough about endangered species to react, as long as that species isn't anything I like to eat

Probably/possibly

I'd go back and wind Jesus up

Both. The benefits of not having any friends!...

Root for the plant (no pun intended). If an animal becomes endangered, they've only got themselves to blame. Plants can blame other stuff - Like kids picking them to make necklaces and using them as a tool to determine whether other children like them (daisies are endangered right?!)...

Yes, they also get tattoos of bulldogs instead of dragons.

I would travel forward about 3-4 days, however long this man-flu will take to feck off!

Before Carayol was injured away at Millwall Ledesma was nowhere near the first team and looking destined to be leaving in January to find first team football. Even now he has had just a handful off good games so it's not as if he's in the same bracket as Adomah who has been far more consistent. Ledesma has been that inconsistent in his career that we can't rely on him.

Main isn't good enough to be a starter, 3rd choice striker/impact sub at best currently. He has potential but to fulfill that he need to improve the basics like his first touch and finishing. I think he suffers like Aaron Lennon used to years ago by constantly running and not composing himself before thinking what he is going to do.

----------------- Given ----------------

- Omeruo - Ayala - Gibson - Friend -

--------- Leadbitter - Chalobah --------

---- Adomah - Ledesma - Carayol ----

----------------- Graham --------------

+ Dimi, Woodgate/Hines, Varga, Whitehead, Butterfield, Kamara, Main.

3-2

Graham 27' & 31, Rhodes 49' & 78', Adomah 67'.

(1) Both. And the seat in front is my foot rest.

(2) Take a photo of it and peddle it to the highest bidder.

(3) Yep.

A_yfGV8CEAA9bP6.jpg:large

(4) 17/08/13 and change my fantasy football picks.

Important game against another team competing for that ever less likely final playoff spot. They have some quality in their team, and Rhodes only needs a quarter chance to score. Hoping for a 2-0 boro win with Danny graham to score on his home debut and ledesma to fizz one into the top corner from 25 yards.

Want to see us line up like so:

----------------------given----------------------

Omeruo----Ayala-------Gibson----georgie

----------chalobah--------leadbitter----------

Adomah---------ledesma-----------carayol

---------------------kamara---------------------

Subs: beardy Greek fella, Hines, butterfield, whitehead, graham, varga, main

Keep the same team minus the ineffective main and butterfield. Kamara could probably manage a start and a severed torso would provide more of a threat than main. Ledesma is certainly more creative than butterfield and Adomah starts. No questions asked.

Omeruo and chalobah look to be more effective than varga and whitehead and for that reason they should start. Can't help but feel that chalobah leadbitter and ledesma occupying the central positions would take some strain away from our wingers and allow us to carve teams open through the middle a lot more. Chalobah is a lot more forward thinking than dean and leadbitter has started bursting forward a lot this season also. Backwards is not a word that seems to exist in ledesma's vocabulary, he is always trying to move the ball up the pitch.

With the power and pace of kamara, we might be able to break centrally as well. Only time we ever seem to find space is down the wing, but having these 4 players occupying the centre gives us some more intelligent movement as well as the aerial ability of kamara. No more are long balls useless (yay!)

Now for the stuff that matters.

As far as I am aware I do not own a cinema and as such none of the armrests belong to me.

If I saw an endangered animal eating an endangered plant I would probably attack it as walruses can be very territorial (and care for the environment. Killing plants ain't cool bro).

Probably, I'll fly out to china for you, find a tattooist and ask them.

If I had a time machine I'd definitely go forwards to each match day, find every winning team and then teleport back and profit off the sickest accy's known to man ;) edit: Or go back and drop a cinder block on hitler