oneBoro Forum

Sorry MMC but Kamara has no pace or power, he has a good leap, thats about it. Danny graham should be starting for me, providing hes fit, rest of the team i fully agree. People always predict rhodes will score when we play blackburn, and he never has, hes barely had a sniff in any game tbh, long may that continue

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry MMC but Kamara has no pace or power, he has a good leap, thats about it. Danny graham should be starting for me, providing hes fit, rest of the team i fully agree. People always predict rhodes will score when we play blackburn, and he never has, hes barely had a sniff in any game tbh, long may that continue

Hate to say I wholeheartedly disagree with you. He frequently outpaces defenders and can hold up a ball well as well as win evey ball in the air. That shows pace and power to me, feel free to disagree but he's evidenced it in the past. Danny graham lacks match fitness and joined the squad a day ago. He needs time to adapt to our playstyle and garner some degree of fitness. Cameo appearances until that point for me.

Edit: regarding Rhodes, he hasn't had a sniff, but a sniff is all the lad needs to score! :p he's a predatory finisher.

I agree that a fully fit Danny graham is our first choice striker. The lad oozed class every match when he was last in the championship.

I'm actually quite interested to see how up for the fight Graham and Tomlin are. I remember the young Danny Graham when he was coming through would put a shift in and stick his head in anywhere. I would take a 100% grafter any day over someone who is full of potential but zero work rate.

I never got to see Graham in the last game so i'd be keen to know if he's the same player or not. I'd love us to get him firing like he was at Watford. I just think we need to play to his strengths. I think he's technically a lot better option than 'The Juke', although I do think Juke got a rough ride with Boro fans. He ran his socks off and took a beating most games with any recognition from the ref. We also tended to not really play to his strengths - hoof the ball long from CB and expect him to do something with it when his nearest team mate is 30 yards away lol.

I think Karanka is a guy who knows what he wants and expects from players and I couldn't fault him so far. Even with broken English he appears to have motivated the squad more than Mogga ever did. The team seem to have more faith in him! I fancy us to snatch a 1-0 at Blackburn.

Does anyone know if theres a fee already pre-agreed for Graham??

Do Chinese people get English sayings tattooed on their bodies?

no chinese people seldom get tattoo. we think only bad boys or criminals will get tattoo. that reflects the culture difference

Graham

Carayol ledesma adomah

Leadbitter chalobah

Friend gibson ayala omerou

Given

seconded

(Yesterday 08:35 PM)-Tim@london- Wrote:

Graham

Carayol ledesma adomah

Leadbitter chalobah

Friend gibson ayala omerou

Given

Tim I would swap Ledesma for Kamara apart from that I think most would like that team, is Adomah fit ?

Though seldom used I think this game now takes on the mantle of being "the most important game of the season so far" due to the fact that we need and must win this game to keep pace with those above us and to stop a mini slide in the wrong direction towards obscurity and nothing to aim for towards the season.

Lack of goals recently is worrying to a degree and whilst a draw might be seen as ok in a game with a near rival positionally wise I honestly feel that if we win the game then not only would it be a confidence boost but would restore some optomism in the games to come.

@Humpty I have noted your request and I will pm you about it

Interesting one this...at least on paper.

Blackburn have an identical record to Boro over the last 10 games (that is W5 D3 L2). Both teams' records over the season suggest any result is equally likely - they've won, drawn and lost similar numbers of games and both teams have scored a few more goals than they've conceded.

Historically there's not much in it either. According to Boro Mad results have been fairly even between the sides:

Played: 59 (Boro at home)

Boro Wins: 25

Draws: 12

Blackburn Wins: 22

Boro Goals: 86

Blackburn Goals: 73

Highest Boro Win: Blackburn 1 - 7 Boro (1947/48)

Highest Blackburn Win: Blackburn 9 - 0 Boro (1954/55)

The visitors last won at the Riverside in 2007/08 by a 2-1 scoreline.

Even with our solid defence and the human wall otherwise known as Shay Given, I don't think we'll be able to keep out the goal machine that is Jordan Rhodes. However, I think we will be able to limit him to 1 and nick a last-gasp equaliser. Although history says we generally don't do draws in this fixture, I think this one will finish honours even.

My Prediction: Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26015652?

Karanka comes across really well for me in terms of interviews, he seems to have a very focused idea of where he wants us to be

I read the same article a little while ago and was similarly impressed.

AK does seem to have a very clear idea of what he expects from the players and he's not shy in saying when they don't deliver. None of this, "Can't fault the lads for effort, it just didn't happen for us today..." nonsense.

Socks. Crumpets. Curtains. ***oose.

3-1.

Some very astute tactical observations there Prowler.

I think whether the ***ooses are wearing socks or not could have a major bearing on the outcome of the game. Similarly if there are no half-time crumpets for the players, it could be curtains for our slim play-off hopes. :D