oneBoro Forum

Blackburn are always one of the teams i don't like playing against - sure we have beaten them enough times but we have had plenty of truely awful displays against them over the years.

Ultimately i would like to see us put out a front two of Kamara palying just behind Graham but I can't see this happening yet - so why not let Main run there centre havles around for a bit if we play a second proper forward rather than a midfield drifting forward to support the CF as we often have.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically there has either been draws or one goal in it for near a decade. I've got my ticket and (sort of) looking forward to it. Not so concerned about the back 4 or middle two but would be worried if we played:

Adomah ledesma Carayol

Graham

I think he will go two up front an go

Ledesma Adomah

Graham Kamara (or Main per the Gazette)

Who knows but I'll put a bet on 2:1 to Boro.

If graham or kamara plays we win 2-1 / 3-1 if main plays I can't see us being any threat , surely it's no coincidence our worst spell in front of Goal this season has been since kamara has been out and main and juke have ran the line...

I don't see AK going 2 upfront unless we're chasing the game. He's drilled the 4231 into place and it's been working, why would he change it?

I think maybe he has to change it - zero goals for in 270 minutes says we have to be be more expansive and risk taking. As they say, goals win games.

A couple of interesting quotes from AK regarding Danny and Lee Tomlin.

On Lee: "Asked how Tomlin looked in training, Karanka said: "Oh, he's suffering our intensity! It's normal, but he needs to be fit as soon as possible. He has two games out and this is good for him to get fit.

"He's a good player, he has quality and he can score goals. When he is fit he will work and fight for the team, he can play in our style and can score a lot of goals.

"I think last season he scored 11 goals in the Championship. He's a number ten but can also play different positions."

Definitely sounds like AK is making him lose that extra weight :P

And Danny:

"Danny's very confident and he's very happy being here because he knows the club and the people who are here. When I see him in training you can tell he's a very good player and I think he will be an important player for us.

"For strikers confidence is the most important thing. We need to see Danny work and score goals."

To me it definitely sounds like he's excited by Graham.

Given, Omeruo, Woodgate, Gibson, Friend, Leadbitter, Chalobah, Adomah, Ledesma, Carayol, Graham.

Still sticking with 3-2.

A couple of interesting quotes from AK regarding Danny and Lee Tomlin.

On Lee: "Asked how Tomlin looked in training, Karanka said: "Oh, he's suffering our intensity! It's normal, but he needs to be fit as soon as possible. He has two games out and this is good for him to get fit.

"He's a good player, he has quality and he can score goals. When he is fit he will work and fight for the team, he can play in our style and can score a lot of goals.

"I think last season he scored 11 goals in the Championship. He's a number ten but can also play different positions."

Definitely sounds like AK is making him lose that extra weight :P

And Danny:

"Danny's very confident and he's very happy being here because he knows the club and the people who are here. When I see him in training you can tell he's a very good player and I think he will be an important player for us.

"For strikers confidence is the most important thing. We need to see Danny work and score goals."

To me it definitely sounds like he's excited by Graham.

All sounds very promising to me.

So basically Tomlin IS a fat *** and we've signed him so he can lose weight and become some Rooney-esque wonder buy?

Speaking to a Peterborough utd season ticket holder at work. He says that Tomlin has always been 'big boned' but not an issue as he's very intelligent (in the footballing sense) always ends up in the right position and will score goals for us.

Now look at Curtis Main, absolute physical specimen, an engine like a Bugatti but can't score to save his life. Who would you prefer? Only time will tell

I don't see AK going 2 upfront unless we're chasing the game. He's drilled the 4231 into place and it's been working, why would he change it?

I think maybe he has to change it - zero goals for in 270 minutes says we have to be be more expansive and risk taking. As they say, goals win games.

We haven't scored because we have had Main upfront. I'm sure AA has missed 2 games as well.

People are far to quick to want a sweeping change of style and let's be honest AK doesn't seem like the person to do that after 2 or 3 bad performances. Also 442 isn't exactly well practiced over in Spain and even over here, it's becoming pretty dated...