oneBoro Forum

Who remembers that game 2 year ago Sunderland at home we lost 2-1 in extra time but we played really well!! Anyway main was great in that game won headers against experienced defenders like Michael turner ( okay I know he isn't very good ) he also scored a beauty away goal at millwall .... Yet 2 years later he has gone so far backwards it's untrue

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

got a feeling we're going to have a good day today. graham will have a point to prove, so i can see him scoring.

sneaky 1-0 to Boro, keeping the whole clean sheet thing intact (who could have seen that coming a few months ago?)!

also, hope main has a good game. he appears to have become the new boo boy!

It's his low confidence(so awful composure and touch) that has made him look shocking lately. He needs a loan to a league more his current level(League 1/2) to play regularly and start converting chances.

The one thing that irritates me about him is that when he gets a chance the majority of the time he just lashes his boot at it instead of composing him self and aiming his shot. The very few times he's done that, usually from range, he's got better shots off that have caused goalkeepers far more problems.

I'll be surprised if he starts with main up front, he's not done a lot lately, with Graham in the squad as well

I'm going for a 1-0 Blackburn win

I'm not saying main is perfect, but i think some of the flack he's getting is a bit OTT. he's looked good at times this season, even if he has been a bit poor the last 2 or 3 games.

Can't agree, its not just his poor scoring record this year, it's the fact that we can't keep possesion whilst he's on the pitch, all of our attacks break down when he gets the ball, ruins our style of play

I'm going with a 3rd nil nil if Main's playing, same reason I said 0 0 for Doncaster with Main on the pitch by himself running around we have little chance of scoring unless we get some AA magic. We have energy and powerful runners across our midfield Im not sure we need Main our midfield overpowers Blackburn (on paper) so Main chasing the ball isn't that necessary, I hope it's not too long before we see Graham then we might score.

Mixed feelings about the Main inclusion but hey if gets one goal then all is forgiven until next time!

We need to score early in this game and by that the opening goal as Blackburn will maintain a steady drive throughout the game and being reliant on Rhodes.........get them on the back foot and it may become a good Boro performance today.

One thing for sure and not been commented on is that Ledesma needs to regain his performance levels of early weeks because I think his intensity has dropped to a degree and he is perhpas being a bit self absorbed.

I feel quite confident about today, im going for a 3-0 win. Hopefully Main gets a***st the goals to belay all the negativity against him, after all he is a real trier and could be a fans favourite with some end result to his endeavour.

If not then one of the midfielders must be due a couple of goals, so I will stick to my prediction, which is 25 to 1 at the mo.

Tempted to go to this today, but the idea of Main playing up front is putting me off, we can't keep possession in the opponents half when he is playing which in turn leads to a boring defensive performance.

seriously?