oneBoro Forum

Main isn't good enough at this level; probably never will be but certainly isn't right now. But I'm happy with him as third choice with Graham/Kamara fighting for the starting spot. He does work hard. In my opinion that shouldn't be overlooked; that raw effort to provide the defenders with a non-stop physical handful is certainly helpful to the team, albeit one of his only strengths! I'd be disgusted if he becomes the next boo boy. But he doesn't score goals nor offer assists! Clearly a big problem. And I'd be very unhappy if he starts today.

So basically Tomlin IS a fat *** and we've signed him so he can lose weight and become some Rooney-esque wonder buy?

His talent is not in question. Certainly not at this level, in my opinion. Difficult to tell the true extent of his fitness, though his appearance, views from other fans and struggle with us in training so far do suggest the worst! But I think AK will make sure he improves that side of his game massively. He could very well be better then even us optimists could imagine. This suspension might be a blessing in disguise. So, though I can't wait to see him action, I'm not too disappointed that we are without him for these few games.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with a 3rd nil nil if Main's playing, same reason I said 0 0 for Doncaster with Main on the pitch by himself running around we have little chance of scoring unless we get some AA magic. We have energy and powerful runners across our midfield Im not sure we need Main our midfield overpowers Blackburn (on paper) so Main chasing the ball isn't that necessary, I hope it's not too long before we see Graham then we might score.

We are one of the highest scorers in the division without any of our centre forwards getting many goals. So why do you predict 0-0 and put the blame on Main being on the pitch. Not being difficult, just want to understand your thinking.

His talent is not in question. Certainly not at this level, in my opinion. Difficult to tell the true extent of his fitness, though his appearance, views from other fans and struggle with us in training so far do suggest the worst! But I think AK will make sure he improves that side of his game massively. He could very well be better then even us optimists could imagine. This suspension might be a blessing in disguise. So, though I can't wait to see him action, I'm not too disappointed that we are without him for these few games.

At the end of the day if the lad is 21 stone and scores a ***load of goals in this division -- then I will happily pay for his parmos.

I'm also a bit concerned over his suspension issues. He certainly does appear to be a poor man's Rooney.

Given, Carayol, Gibson, Ledesma, Woodgate ©, Leadbitter, Graham, Friend, Varga, Chalobah, Whitehead

I'm glad that Graham is starting but I'm gutted Adomah is only on the bench. But I suppose at least we've got him for an impact substitution.

I;ve got a feeling it will be 1-1 with a Rhodes early goal with us getting an equaliser in the second half. Hopefully it's a comfortable 3-0 romp to us though but cant really see it.

Boro team

Given, Carayol, Gibson, Ledesma, Woodgate ©, Leadbitter, Graham, Friend, Varga, Chalobah, Whitehead

Subs: Dimi, Butterfield, Hines, Main, Omeruo, Adomah, Kamara

Good thing is, if we cant work out who`s playing where, imagine the Blackburn manager trying to work it out.