oneBoro Forum

It's interesting how yet again a lot of people are undervaluing what Whitehead brings to the team. Yes there is always a dodgy moment with him but other than that he battles for the ball more than any other Boro midfielder and I personally think compliments Leadbitter well.

I was very much unimpressed with Chalobah and thought he did very little. Most of his passes were 5 yard passes after he'd held onto the ball too long and passed to his team mate (often Whitehead) in a position where they were already under pressure. Unnecessary in my opinion and unless he improves, it's Whitehead and Leadbitter for me every time. I don't recall a single noteworthy challenge from him either.

The key to this team is the number 10 and I much prefer Leadbitter in the central midfield role with a number 10 in front of him to aim for. How Tomlin settles in is going to be key to the rest of our season.

I thought Graham did well but never looked like scoring in a month of Sundays. Again, Tomlin coming in is what should see Graham get more of the service he needs.

Ben Gibson was fantastic at the back though and Carayol looked superb, particularly in the first half to the point where they had to replace their right back to try and contain him.

I thought overall we played well but the amount of times we flashed balls across the box with nobody in sight was criminal. Again, Tomlin is probably the change we need.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Am hoping that our goal less drought will soon be over and that we have a change of luck which brings me round to say how pleased I am that due to the fact they can be accomodated that we can all look forward to efforts and new ideas from 3 new M/D originators.

We always try and fit in wherever possible new starters during the season onto the current list and therfore we will look forward to contributions from ManBearPig, Humpty and MMC in that order before we revert back to the current list.

It will not be possible to add any further names this season but I do look forward to new volunteers when next asked for.

I don't understand why people are saying Graham isn't match fit. Was he injured before he came to us? I thought he just wasn't getting games. If he wasn't injured, he would've had the training and should be ready to play a 90 minute game. No excuses really.

I'm slightly at odds with the gushing praise of Carayol tbh, I thought he was, and normally is, very average. Yes he has pace and can dribble a bit, but he goes down dead ends when he's on the ball dribbling and dribbling and dribbling until he's crowded out. On the occasions he does get past his man then his final ball is woeful, he takes so long making his decision to cross or pass and the majority of the time its the wrong ball or a very poor delivery of the right one. I realise we don't have a lot of option out wide but I think I'd prefer Kamara out there tbh, he does a much better job.

Yikes can't agree there. Kamara first and foremost, in my opinion, has largely been anonymous when played out wide. He has tidy feet but he very much plas with his head down, which detrimental to the efforts of a creative player. Kamara does his business through the middle.

Now whilst I think Carayol does the same in terms if playing with his head down, he does it on the move in dangerous areas, or least he ends up in dangerous areas due to his pace and trickery. Personally I think the serious difference between Adomah and Carayol is Adomah's better end product.

By the by Carayol was fantastic on Saturday. His final ball was much improved although it lack consideration at times. I think Jim and Adomah are lethal.

I don't think the goals will start flowing until we get Tomlin in the team and Graham gets some match sharpness. Cue a 3-3 draw v Watford now!.

Even though the goals aren't flowing at present I still have huge faith in the way Karanka's "system" as every home league game under him we have limited opposition teams to scraps whilst we have created far more good chances.

Have always maintained that Carayol is a game changer but most effect when he is used as an impact sub............we all know he can not last the full match so if he is shackled to a degree in the first half he loses his ability to change a game.

Now if only we could field a team that could dominate and perhaps score a goal or two in the first half the use of Carayol would be more meaningful as and when he came onto the pitch.

I too am beginning to think that once Tomlin is introduced we might just well see a better end product from Boro

I don't understand why people are saying Graham isn't match fit. Was he injured before he came to us? I thought he just wasn't getting games. If he wasn't injured, he would've had the training and should be ready to play a 90 minute game. No excuses really.

There is a big difference between being match fit and having that sharpness you only get through playing games. Graham probably needs a few games to sharpen up and get used to our system and his attacking teammates.

I think the problem is graham is a bit off the pace but nothing that wont be sorted in the next couple of games, but he needs a no 10 for want of a better name to take the pressure off him ,you cant blame leadbitter for playing out of position , the whole point in karanka playing him there is why we bought tomlin ,he obviously doesnt thing butterfield or ledesma are up to it . But with leadbitter being naturally more defensive his starting position is just a bit too deep leaving graham marked by 2 players ,

Lets just hope tomlin is the player we need because if he is we get a good player in tomlin and get graham playing twice aswell as he is now

...and if he isn't, the whole Emnes debacle will come back to haunt AK.

1 goal this season from that position so we know emnes isn't good enough.

The clubs got emnes wages off the bill and this gives AK the chance to try someone new in a position on the pitch that should be projucing a lot more goal than it has.

The clubs got emnes wages off the bill and this gives AK the chance to try someone new in a position on the pitch that should be projucing a lot more goal than it has.

Hmm I still think Emnes offered us something different, that we don't have now. If we are going to persist with playing 1 striker, then Emnes was just the type of player to play him in. Reducing the wage bill,was not the reason that Marvin was loaned out.

Hmm I still think Emnes offered us something different, that we don't have now. If we are going to persist with playing 1 striker, then Emnes was just the type of player to play him in. Reducing the wage bill,was not the reason that Marvin was loaned out.

No it was probably to stop him spitting his dummy out again at not getting the move he wanted and not trying for the rest of the season like he did last year when he didn't get he's move in jan

Yikes can't agree there. Kamara first and foremost, in my opinion, has largely been anonymous when played out wide. He has tidy feet but he very much plas with his head down, which detrimental to the efforts of a creative player. Kamara does his business through the middle.

Now whilst I think Carayol does the same in terms if playing with his head down, he does it on the move in dangerous areas, or least he ends up in dangerous areas due to his pace and trickery. Personally I think the serious difference between Adomah and Carayol is Adomah's better end product.

By the by Carayol was fantastic on Saturday. His final ball was much improved although it lack consideration at times. I think Jim and Adomah are lethal.

Yeah I would definitely agree that end product is his major flaw, I also think he lacks a 'football brain' to know which positions to run into to benefit the team as opposed to the "must run at goal" mentality he tends to exhibit.

Point taken about Kamara, however i think he just provides a bit more in his link up/team play