oneBoro Forum

Emergency Loan Window

Castilla have been in either the Spanish equivalent of our Championship or League 1 while Meijas has been playing for them so he should have more than enough experience.

I think this one is fairly low risk with potentially high reward.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember reading something along the lines of Thorgan Hazard was doing so well on loan in Holland that he was being tipped with an outside chance of making his way into Belgium's World Cup squad so he could be a major loan signing for us next season if it does happen.

Dimi was always absolute last resort and isn't Leutwilers contract up in the summer?

This guy if he settles is potentially a permanent long term signing in the summer, I feel for Steele but he hurt himself by getting sent off it gave the manager a chance to look elsewhere I guess. I think it'll look a much more positive signing down the line when Shays gone.

Reading between the lines a bit, it seems that Karanka doesnt rate Steele to highly. Although no guarantees the new bloke will be forst choice, we have a fair amount of keepers in the squad now, so when Given goes back to Villa, it will speak volumes as to who is chosen in goal

Not being funny and no disrespect to JS but think it is fair to say that we are ALL not looking forward to the departure of Given due to his totally professional attitude and performances both on and off the field..........if ever there was a Boro captain in the making he was it.

Has been mentioned by others but Steele will be under real scrutiny by a lot of fans and a scapegoat if results do not go well or if a perceived difference in the defence seen.

This signing may very well be AK's way of deflecting this situation and it will be very interesting which keeper will be on the bench until the Leeds game but also as some have suggested perhaps this is the last season we see JS in Boro colours due to his departure.

One thing for me it does seem that signing Given has opened a can of worms No1 keeper wise

I tend to think it's more a case of trying to ensure good competition for Steele to ensure he earns his place. Given has been a great loan signing for us, the right player at the right time and possibly one of our best ever loan signings (except perhaps Uwe!), but with him going back and no sign of our other keepers challenging for the start, perhaps this new loan signing will help provide that contest. Of course, if Steele doesn't rise to the challenge then there's decisions to be made come the summer, but I honestly think he'll be the main man after Given goes.

Not being funny and no disrespect to JS but think it is fair to say that we are ALL not looking forward to the departure of Given due to his totally professional attitude and performances both on and off the field..........if ever there was a Boro captain in the making he was it.

Has been mentioned by others but Steele will be under real scrutiny by a lot of fans and a scapegoat if results do not go well or if a perceived difference in the defence seen.

I'm of the opinion that whilst Given has contributed to our improvements in defence, I think the reason for our turn around is the organisation of the team.

I'm also bewildered by what seems the popular opinion that Steele is inferior to the point his reintroduction may be detrimental to the team. Particularly when Steele almost single handidly prevented us from dropping in to the relegation zones pre Karanka.

I'll be honest and say I'm not hugely bothered about Given's departure, given the circumstances that needed meeting for him to stay. I think Steele is more than capable of stepping back in without much change.

I'm of the opinion that whilst Given has contributed to our improvements in defence, I think the reason for our turn around is the organisation of the team.

I'm also bewildered by what seems the popular opinion that Steele is inferior to the point his reintroduction may be detrimental to the team. Particularly when Steele almost single handidly prevented us from dropping in to the relegation zones pre Karanka.

I'll be honest and say I'm not hugely bothered about Given's departure, given the circumstances that needed meeting for him to stay. I think Steele is more than capable of stepping back in without much change.

I'm dreading Steele coming back into the team, not because I think he's rubbish but because of the reaction of the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few boo him when his name is read out before a game and he's going to get tortured whenever we concede no matter what the circumstances. It's going to be like Ikeme and smith all over again just 5 times as bad.

I tend to think it's more a case of trying to ensure good competition for Steele to ensure he earns his place. Given has been a great loan signing for us, the right player at the right time and possibly one of our best ever loan signings (except perhaps Uwe!), but with him going back and no sign of our other keepers challenging for the start, perhaps this new loan signing will help provide that contest. Of course, if Steele doesn't rise to the challenge then there's decisions to be made come the summer, but I honestly think he'll be the main man after Given goes.

I can go along with that line of thought.

I must admit that I find this a puzzling decision.

If Steele is fit enough to come back then all should be fine. He may get extra criticism because he's not Given from some of our supporters.

I cannot see Leutwiler being a 1st team keeper in the near future and maybe never. Our big Greek was intended to be a stop gap and remains so. Ripley I don't know as I've not seen him for some time.

I'm left wondering if Steele is not recovering as well as is being reported and we are going to have a gap between Given leaving and Steele being fit enough to take over