oneBoro Forum

Jonathan Burn - 1 year pro deal

D-Day for the 3rd years today they find out if the club will keep them and they will get a professional deal or if they are to be released.

Centre back Burn who was signed from Sunderland late last season has been offered a 1 year professional deal.

Well done.

Kieran Weledji 1 year pro

Lewis Maloney to be released

Jimmy Warnett unconfirmed

2nd years

Priestly griffiths 3rd year scholarship

Thomas McAloon 3rd year scholarship

Scott McCarthy 3rd year scholarship

Mark kitching unconfirmed

Joe fryer unconfirmed

Robbie tinkler unconfirmed

Led to believe Ross McNab, Luke Armstrong, Conor o'neill, Stephen o'neill all are to be released

I think that you blabbing about who's got a pro and who's released on a public forum, on the very same day that some of these young men are having to deal with obviously a stressful situation, is in poor taste. You could have given them a few days to deal with it before you used them to fill your gossip pages. Shame on you for causing them more stress.

I think that you blabbing about who's got a pro and who's released on a public forum, on the very same day that some of these young men are having to deal with obviously a stressful situation, is in poor taste. You could have given them a few days to deal with it before you used them to fill your gossip pages. Shame on you for causing them more stress.

Let's get something straight, it's hardly a gossip page, when I've posted something it's usually been news of something happening, not gossip. We're not talking about how these players are as people, he'll i don't think I've said all that much that's negative about ANY youth player.

It's a simple statement of what's happened.

I could sit on this news for days and not mention it but it's out there so why not post it? I got the list yesterday within minutes I suspect of it happening from 4 different sources. Players themselves have been mentioning it themselves yet I post it on here and I'm the one 'blabbering the gossip'?

If you believe that me posting they've been released on here is causing them 'more stress' then that's fine it's your opinion and your entitled to it.personally I don't believe me mentioning it here causes them stress at all.

Let's get something straight, it's hardly a gossip page, when I've posted something it's usually been news of something happening, not gossip. We're not talking about how these players are as people, he'll i don't think I've said all that much that's negative about ANY youth player.

It's a simple statement of what's happened.

I could sit on this news for days and not mention it but it's out there so why not post it? I got the list yesterday within minutes I suspect of it happening from 4 different sources. Players themselves have been mentioning it themselves yet I post it on here and I'm the one 'blabbering the gossip'?

If you believe that me posting they've been released on here is causing them 'more stress' then that's fine it's your opinion and your entitled to it.personally I don't believe me mentioning it here causes them stress at all.

I am a psychologist. Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about in this regard. Ask anybody who has been made redundant if they would have appreciated having it posted on a public forum within an hour of them having received the news themselves. I wonder what would the answer be. It clearly wasn't 'out there' already and whereas some player might be happy to tell you they have a pro contract, I doubt the guys who were told they were released contacted you. Seriously, the idea that doing this causes no harm is ill informed and quite ridiculous. This is my final word on this matter. I just thought you should be made aware of how your actions may hurt others but as you seem not exactly receptive, I won't waste any more of my time.

I am a psychologist. Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about in this regard. Ask anybody who has been made redundant if they would have appreciated having it posted on a public forum within an hour of them having received the news themselves. I wonder what would the answer be. It clearly wasn't 'out there' already and whereas some player might be happy to tell you they have a pro contract, I doubt the guys who were told they were released contacted you. Seriously, the idea that doing this causes no harm is ill informed and quite ridiculous. This is my final word on this matter. I just thought you should be made aware of how your actions may hurt others but as you seem not exactly receptive, I won't waste any more of my time.

In all seriousness you cannot really try and compare a football scholarship with being made redundant. Surely if you were going to make an analogy along those lines it would be a football scholarship to say a apprenticeship?

You can claim to know what you are talking about that's fine, but please don't pretend you know who contacted me and who didnt. Players were recieved pro deals or extensions did as did another who was released. Seperatly a player who was released contacted me and asked me to remove his name and I did that no problem (suspect you know who that is)

Maybe we shouldn't as fans share any information except positive information, protect these players from anything negative. As you already have said you won't waste any more of your time I don't expect a response.

Powlay, I'm sure I speak on behalf of many on here but I value your contributions and knowledge of the junior players, it adds extra depth and perspective to this forum.

Please keep up the good work, as you say the information isn't confidential, I respect your integrity.

I am grateful for the information provided by Powlay. It helps me keep in touch with players I see and how they are perceived by the club as progressing.

Telling also has a point as the guys who've not got a deal are not going to feel great. However it seems to ignore the fact that not all can win. The guys and their parents are all aware of the potential outcome. They may not like the outcome but they know it is a possibility.

The last time I saw Burn he was up against Guidetti at Man city. Ok the guy scored one and made one and was different class. Burn obviously did enough to impress the coaches. Both he and the other centre back Keiron Weedji are competent players. It is impossible to tell Neverbefore if they really are going to make it to the first team. If I had to guess I would say that during the currency of a one year contract it is unlikely. Should that be extended then there may well be different outcome.

I must admit that I was surprised that Mark Kitching was marked down as undecided. Of all the guys listed he is the one who looks to me to have a good chance of playing for the first team. He's big fast and pays attention to what is going on around him and his position relative to it

No idea, ive never been told reasons by any of the players.

Sadly he really struggled with injuries in his first 2 seasons of his scholarship, which has to be hard for the kid as he is the fittest kid going apparently. Runs the beep test out for laughs!